• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Yveltal, Xerneas, or Zygarde

Years
  • Xerneas for sure. I love angelic/life-giving characters and of course Xerneas is no exception. Yveltal is pretty cool too but in the end mother nature Xerneas wins and it's probably one of my favorite "bigger" legends at this point. Gorgeous design.

Zygarde on the other hand is very forgettable. :( Very little screentime and hardly served a purpose in the games so I hope we'll get something focusing more on it at some point.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    Xerneas sooo much. X is my favorite for that sole reason, it really has such a great design imo. I'd be curious to see what the results would be with a poll because Xerneas seems to be the most popular just by skimming the posts on this thread.

Talnov

Sir Talnov, of house Fluffy Cat
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2017
    I guess I like Yveltal better because call me simpleminded, but it is more bad-ass. But in addition, I think it makes the "Y" shape much better than Xerneas does the "X" shape.(or certainly more than zygarde makes a Z)
    if you look at zygarde from the side it looks like a Z.

my favorite of the trio is yveltal, because it resembles its letter more so than the others (i dont even know how xerneas looks like an X), it has a good move for damaging multiple enemies in restaraunt double and triple battles (zygarde can do this too, but in le wow one pokemon is immune to land's wrath which just wastes PP, unless it is in the middle slot, or the left slot), it can heal itself better than a grass absorb move will heal their respective pokemon, and it just looks plain awesome. will edit if i think of more reasons, butt that's all i can think of right now

Ashes to Ashes

Serenade of Cerne
    Years
  • Yveltal is in a struggle with Chesnaught and Garchomp for my #2, 3, and 4 favorite slots. I love it. I love Xerneas too. Zygarde is ok. Underwhelming, but I like that its subtle. Nice to see a legendary in a big trio be cute.

Lapis

✿ Flower Child ✿
    Years
  • Out of the three, I'll have to go with Xerneas, since it has the best design overall. Didn't really like any of them if I were to be completely honest though.

Frozen Lotus

Shay's Ice Prince
    Years
  • Xerneas. It almost ties with Ninetales for my all-time favorite, and it's just absolutely perfect for me. That said, I honestly feel like this trio is without a doubt the BEST Legendary Trio we have ever gotten in a Pokemon game. All three of them are phenomenal designs that genuinely impressed me the instant I saw them. I'd say I like Zygarde a -little- more than Yveltal, but Yveltal might be the more impressive design. Zygarde just suits me more, and it's a LOT of fun to use.

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
    Years
  • I have to go for Xerneas! I just think it has the best design of all three of the Kalos trio, it just looks so pretty. I mean it just makes Stantler look ever blander and like it sucks even more than it already does I get that it being the Pokémon doesn't really make sense in Lysandre trying to destroy the world, Yveltal suits the role way better, it's energy and power is sufficient to do the deed so I won't hold this against the rainbow deer! Lastly it is sooooo overpowered in competitive battling, Power Herb and Geomancy combination.. what's killing it? Naaaaaaathing!

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Appearance wise -- Xerneas, Signature move wise Yveltal and prolly Zygarde soon. :)

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Aw no poll?

Yveltal is my favorite of the three. I just find it the most fun to use for some reason haha. I love its design, and Oblivion Wing is a great move (really useful in Ubers).

I like Xerneas too, but not quite as much as I like Yveltal. Zygarde is obviously pretty unremarkable at this point, but it's pretty obvious that it's going to play a big role in the next 6th gen game. Its hidden signature moves are pretty darn cool, if I may say so (Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves), so I'm pretty optimistic that they're going to develop Zygarde into a great Pokemon when Pokemon Z rolls around! But until then, it's my least favorite of the three :x

Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2016
    Right now, I think Zygarde is pretty underwhelming and unimpressive in both design and stats. I prefer the menacing look of Yveltal over the serenity and grace of Xerneas. I also like Oblivion Wing a lot more than Geomancy because it is an active move and has a pretty cool animation.

GengyGengar

Sp00py
    Years
  • I would have to say Xerneas is my favourite of the three. First of all, his design is so much more majestic and grandiose, whereas Yveltal and Zygarde, at least for my personal tastes, are much too dull and dark. Also, Xerneas is undoubtedly one of the most terrifying threats in Ubers, with access to the insane Geomancy, and a huge movepool to deal with almost anything that isn't called Lugia or Giratina. Plus, Xerneas is just awesome!

LilBueno

Boy Wonder
    Years
  • I haven't used Xerneas at all, though I have one.
    But I picked Y because Yveltal just looked badass to me. I was hesitant at first because I wanted a Legendary of the new Fairy type, but something about Yveltal (mine's named Bahamut because I'm unoriginal) just spoke to me.

Zygarde (Jormungandr's mine) however, is so interesting. I don't know what it is about it, but it became a permanent member of my post-game party.

If I have to pick an absolute favorite out of the trio, I'd stick with Yveltal, though.

Back