• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Yveltal, Xerneas, or Zygarde

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2021
    Who do you find out of the three you favor the most? I find myself liking Yveltal the most due to it being able to heal itself quickly and do damage at the same time with Oblivion Wing.

Years
  • Xerneas is my fave of the group, since I love Fairy-types plus X was my main version of choice. It also obviously has the best design and movepool of the trio, although I was upset the one I have in the game had 0 IVs in Sp. Attack which totally stinks.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Yveltal, looks great and has some nice moves I didnt really like Xerneas design and Zygarde just looks odd to me.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Yveltal because the design is great and Oblivion wing pretty handy with big root and I like dark-type :3

Years
  • Xerneas, because one, deer things are pretty cool, and two, and this is kind of a silly reason....it's the most colorful of the bunch. It's got rainbow antlers and I'm kind of a sucker for things like that okay. But really, of the three of them, its got the most appealing design to me.

...Yeah, Xerneas might have been why I ultimately decided on getting X version as well, haha.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • I chose "Y" version, but I prefer Xerneas just a little bit over Yveltal because of design and stuff. They are both really, really cool in my opinion. They really overshadow Zygarde competitively, story-wise, and design-wise, which is kind of unfortunate.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • Yveltal. It's a big black wyvern of darkness that drains the life out of everything. It has a cool design, it has a big scruffy neck, it learns the move Oblivion Wing (awesome!!!) and it really seems like the big bad Pokemon that would lie at the end of an RPG. Think about it; your starters are a black mage, a thief, and a paladin, and they're fighting against this big black tyrant that towers 10 feet above them and can take them all out. I even named mine Golbez due to this fact. And even with all its apparent evil it likes cupcakes and rubs to the chest just like any other Pokemon.

Hey can we get a fan game on that? We could totally have a Final Fantasy-esque game with Yveltal as the villain and Xerneas as the big good.

Sebastian_Sommer

Rocket grunt
    Years
  • Yveltal became my favorite Kalos legendary after I played with it in pokemon amie. Despite it being a destructive force of nature, it quickly loses its infamy after petting it and feeding it with pokepuffs. It's even funnier for me since the nature of my Yveltal is gentle.

Years
  • Acc.to me xerneas is the better one than zygarde and yveltal.Competitively it overpowers them.And if we can set up geomancy it can easily sweep up teams.
    Also design wise also I like xerneas more

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'm personally more fond of Yveltal.

One thing that sparks my interest to it is its resemblance to Lugia, which I find to be intriguing. Almost every aspect of it reminds me of the Pokémon, other than color-scheme (though, latter helps making Yveltal seem like an evil version of Lugia, so to speak, at least to me, and I do like that).

My second favorite is Xerneas, with third being Zygarde.

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2017
    Xerneas Duh. He counters both the legendaries and being fairy it is a good counter to the ORAS meta as-well.

Asariond

The People's Musketeer!
    Years
  • Yveltal. Apocalyptic death bird/grim reaper easily trumps fairy deer and computer snake.

Back