• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Eurovision Song Contest 2015 ("Building Bridges", Vienna)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    As long as we all agree on the top waifu.

Eurovision Song Contest 2015 ("Building Bridges", Vienna)

Why is she so perfect, lads?
    Yeah honestly, Georgia had the best song and performance. I'm surprised they didn't get more points :(

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    Eurovision Song Contest, proving yet again that the best performance by far doesn't get enough points. Only one time where the best act won was Lordi... it's a shame. Georgia's act had me clapping because it was excellent. and, YET AGAIN, the favorite wins. After 10 years of watching the contest, in recent years, I'm not watching it anymore because I feel that it's not really a contest anymore, but "vote for me or I'll start a war with you".

Very well done to Australia who finished 5th. Albania and Latvia deserved the 0 points, not Austria and Germany. Their acts were by far the worst. Montenegro surprised me with their position because I thought they would have been at the other side of the leaderboard.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I was surprise that Germany got 0 points. Like, what?

Also surprised by Russia. While they had a powerful ballad, I didn't see them as a contestant for winning when I saw the act. But my taste in music doesn't often match with Eurovision's ;)

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • Yeah, it makes no sense that germany gor a big zero, and Georgia's result was so unfair, she put on a hell of a show. Also, if Australia is going to send songs like this one, I'd love to see them more often. I seriously enjoyed it a lot.

I also enjoyed the British song but for entirely opposite reasons :'D

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Can we keep Australia in the game? They're like the cool downunder cousin whom everybody loves :3

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • Yeah, it makes no sense that germany gor a big zero, and Georgia's result was so unfair, she put on a hell of a show. Also, if Australia is going to send songs like this one, I'd love to see them more often. I seriously enjoyed it a lot.

I also enjoyed the British song but for entirely opposite reasons :'D

Can we keep Australia in the game? They're like the cool downunder cousin whom everybody loves :3

We accept your invitation :3

I think Guy's song definitely grew on me! I didn't like it that much until literally a few days ago haha. Though I still can't get over Belgium omg so good.

Interesting to see four out of the big 5 finishing on the wrong end of the leaderboard. Is the big 5 a necessary thing to keep, do you think?

And I may be looking into doing a uni exchange to Sweden for next year partially because I've always wanted to go to Sweden and partially because of Eurovision...

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    We accept your invitation :3

I think Guy's song definitely grew on me! I didn't like it that much until literally a few days ago haha. Though I still can't get over Belgium omg so good.

Interesting to see four out of the big 5 finishing on the wrong end of the leaderboard. Is the big 5 a necessary thing to keep, do you think?

And I may be looking into doing a uni exchange to Sweden for next year partially because I've always wanted to go to Sweden and partially because of Eurovision...
    Come to my uni town and we'll hang out! Student life here is amazeballs (though I'm on my way to graduate now but)

Big 5 is a bit eeh. But they pay a lot to keep the contest going, right? So why not let them participate.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • The only reason why the "Big Five" exist is solely because they pay SO MUCH to keep the UER going that they don't want to find themselves out of the final. It's a necessary evil, but hey, as long as they can finish with 0 points without any fuss, it isn't that bad :'D

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
  • The UK has managed to do worse than last year points wise even though the electro swing genre was meant to apeal to Europeans ;/

I agree however that Sweden put up a creative performance, the song wasn't bad either.

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
    Years
  • The only reason why the "Big Five" exist is solely because they pay SO MUCH to keep the UER going that they don't want to find themselves out of the final. It's a necessary evil, but hey, as long as they can finish with 0 points without any fuss, it isn't that bad :'D

But what happens when the opposite becomes true? I.e. when Germany went on to win the Eurovision a couple of years back. The song Satellites was fab, don't get me wrong, but doesn't it rather make the semi-finals and the rest of the actual final a bit pointless if one of the contest's bankrollers ends up winning?

I do like my Eurovision and have tuned in for the cringe-y cheese that it mostly is nearly every other year. This year, though, strangely enough I only looked at one semi-final for 15 mins, saw my country's entry and waited for it to predictably crash and burn, and that was that.

Block voting ruins this thing for me. Especially when far more deserving acts don't make it into the final.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    ESC sure has its own little kind of politics going on.

Years
  • OMG I'm so happy that I was able to be live at the finale! The funny thing is that all the tickets for the TV finale had been supposed to be sold out for MONTHS and yet, I found some left-over tickets on the official ticket online shop ONE night before the show. Of course, I had to buy one XD The show is definitely something else when you're actually there compared to watching on TV. And who knows when Austria will win the ESC again... In 50 years perhaps XD

Sweden's song was OK although it does sound a lot like "Lovers on the Sun" by David Guetta. Well, at least the beat is exactly the same and the melody doesn't sound that different either... You definitely hear where the songwriter(s) got their ideas from...

My personal favorite was Belgium and at least they got 4th xD

Ohh and I think it's too funny that Austria and Germany got 0 points haha.

Last edited:

Pokémon Trainer 188

I loved a lot of the songs this year! Although my two favourites being the United Kingdom and Georgia!

I loved them so much I went and purchased them on iTunes, at the sametime I went a purchased Lulu - Boom Bang a Bang, the UK winner of 1969

But I really enjoyed it this year, although I didn't have a party like last year!

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 1, 2015
    It's really hard to decide but I'd say Norway was the best for me, although Sweden wasn't bad either.

Houndour2005

Banned
    Years
  • China talks about Eurovision.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    China talks about Eurovision.

^ paste the correct part of the url to embed a youtube clip :3

That interviewer is way too "wow, ooh, really? ooh" haha. But the Chinese woman liked Sweden! Yay~

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • I don't usually entertain Eurovision but I had a free evening so thought i'd give it a watch this year.

I enjoyed Sweden's entry (certainly the choreography and stage production, very cleverly put together), though it's hard to say it was the 'best' song.

Eurovision was a lot less camp than I was expecting, or was this year's just tamer than normal?

Back