• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Region of Orre (M) [IC]

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
  • The question she had asked rang in my head.

Why was I here in Hoenn? The question played in his head. I didn't know how to answer it since he did not want to reveal it. So I covered up with another real reason.

"I am an archaeologist and I would like to explore Orre for ruins. I am a big fan of ruins." I said, looking back at the fight to see how it was going. I continued to listen to her as she said she had a soft spot for Eevees.

"Yeah, I love traveling with this little girl. I usually don't fight with her. However, I have heard rumors that there may be a new evolution of Eevee, but I do not yet know how to evolve her into it. I hope that I will uncover the secrete while looking for ruins." I said, as I took Eevee off my head and started to pet her on the head.

She seemed to be a nice enough girl, but I still did not want to reveal the real reason I was here. Especially not here. I looked back at the girl, "So are you going to be taking part in the tournament?"

Obviously.... why else would she be in the waiting room? I thought to myself.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2017
    Here for the ruins? Loryn thought. "I've never been to the ruins before," she said, smiling slightly. "Never had the time. I'm a street performer, me and my Pokemon. We go from town to town with our shows. The kids love it."

She gazed at Iruko as he mentioned something about a new Eeveelution, which sparked her interest. "Really? Do you know what it's called? Its type?" Loryn realized she was rambling, and shut her mouth as her face turned red. She turned her attention to the Eevee in the boy's arms. He cared for it a lot, she could tell.

Loryn looked up as Iruko asked if she would be participating in the tournament and stifled a laugh. "Of course. And I presume you are too?"

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I chuckled a little as the asked questions about the new Eeveelution.

"If I remember correctly, I think the name was Slyveon. It is said to be a new type known as Fairy. Not much is known right now though." I said.

She looked up at me and said that she was taking part in the tournament. She asked the same question. For a second I didn't answer her. My hopes were that I wouldn't have to face her because she seemed very nice and her Vaporeon looked strong.

"Yes, you see I am also champion of the Hoenn League, but I have not yet been able to challenge the Elite 4 or Champion. So I came here to also train my pokemon. I want to be ready for when I take on the Elite 4." I said smirking a little bit.

My phone rang and I took it out of my pocket. Crap. I thought looking at the screen.

"Sorry Loryn. I have to take this. Good luck if I do not speak to you before your battle." I said, apologizing and walked out of the waiting room. Eevee climbed back on my head as I left the room.

I walked out of the waiting room and out into the now crowded streets of the city. Once I got to a quite spot I answered the phone and put it up to my ear.

"Sorry about that. I was in the waiting room for the tournament." I spoke into the phone.

"Not a problem my dear boy. I was just checking in on you to see if you had made it to Orre." A voice said from the other end of the phone.

"Yes sir I have. Just trying to blend in a bit and taking part in tournaments for some training." I spoke to the man on the other end of the phone.

"Good good. I will let you get back to it. Good luck in the tournament." The man said.

"Thanks sir. If I find anything out, I will let you know. Talk to you later." I said, hanging up the phone.

I put the phone back into my pocket. I found that I was hungry and figured it would be a bit before I had my first match. I walked down the streets and went into a restaurant for something to eat.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2017
    Slyveon? Fairy type? This was all new for Loryn. Iruko mentioned he was champion of the Hoenn League, however he hadn't had the time to challenge the Elite Four or the Champion. He said he came here also to train. "That's so cool! Battling's not really my style, but I wouldn't mind being Champion," she laughed. Deep down, she hoped she wouldn't have to battle him. Iruko must've been strong if he was as good as he said. Besides, Loryn sort of liked him. He was nice enough.

Iruko, however, mentioned he had to take a phone call and, apologetically, left. "Oh, okay, bye!" she said quickly, watching his figure recede into the crowd. With Vaporeon still in her arms, Loryn turned her attention back to the match.

Years
  • "Alright Zangoose, Swords Dance!" Seth ordered as the Normal ferret Pokemon began to spin, his claws grew longer, sharper, and started to glow white. "Keep it up!" The Pokemon did as ordered an continued to build power. Oosei laughed from across the arena. "You think I'm just going to let you keep charging up?! Torkal Rapid Spin!"

The fire turtle launched itself forward rotating it's body in the opposite direction of Zangoose's continued Swords Dance. 'Hmm, perfect.' Seth monologued his smile becoming more toothy. Snapping his fingers just as the Torkal was about to make contact Zangoose came to an abrupt stop then separated into six. Torkal passed through the one where it's opponet originally stood, and popped out of its shell to look around at the five remaining with a confused expression. 'Now do what everyone else does when faced with a Double Team...' Seth provoked but still not verbally,

"Torkal focus and find the real one, then hit it with a Fire Blast!" Oosei called with a wide smile of her own. Her Pokemon nodded then closed it's eyes to attempt and sense where the real Zangoose stood. The instant he seen this Seth snapped his fingers. Zangoose reacted by canceling the Double Team and used Quick Attack to be right up against the turtle's neck, in the blink of an eye.

"Dunce." Seth stated as he snapped his fingers once more. Zangoose smile evilly and slashed with it's powered up claws just under Torkal's jaw line. "Fury Cutter, and don't let up!" Zangoose waved it's claws back and forth each hit dealing more damage than the last. Blood began to be splattered along each side of the Fire Pokemon as Zangoose started to cut through it's skin. Yet Zangoose continued to slice faster and faster deeper and deeper, until Torkal managed to back away coughing up more red liquid. The gashes left on it's extended neck poured.

Terrified Oosei returned her Pokemon immediately holding it out to her side to signal a medical team to retrive it. Once done she glared at Seth. "You...you monster! Blastois Go!" she nearly cried. as the massive blue cannon possessing Water-Type Pokemon took shape.

"You've got to be kidding me..." Seth spoke, but maintained his smile to hide the fact that he was a little nervous having the water cannons pointed his way.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
    Years
  • Seth steps up first for his battle and I watch it on the screen with great interest. Lucky for him going first meant he avoided the sprinklers.My two pokémon have had enough and are rested by my side, and I seem to have a bit of a headache... Again. I rub my head a little bit but nothing seems to work. I sigh it off and focus on the scene at hand. It's quite uncomfortable in this small secluded area yet I hadn't been noticed as of yet. It's strange how oblivious people are to their surroundings sometimes. I guess that gives me the advantage.
    The battles at some form of pinpoint now with the challenger using a blastoise against Seth's zangooze. I hated however ow the commentators failed to report the brutal slashing effects. That wasn't necessary. I start to get the idea of this snake in my head, and it's called Seth. Seth the snake. Catchy. The snake is devious and cunning and use any lethal way of winning. That's how he won, he went for brute force instead of friendly match. And it's a wonder why people are oblivious to it, surely they would hate him for it, but no, pokémon are nothing more than tools to be used in battle - despicable. Whatever I do in that arena, I'm gonna play it safe and make sure that my pokémon don't get hurt at all.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
    Years
  • Zephyr "Rider" Blitz

I laughed as a girl approached him after the sprinklers off, but I didn't pay attention to her. I was busy focusing on his team. Seep was the tank of the team. Sure Quake was a Golem, but he was very susceptible to water and grass types. Nail was obviously the brute force of the team. Zephyr knew that if he faced Seth, he would teach him a lesson in humility. Burn knew how to...heat things up. Eh? Eh? Point is, his special attack was off the charts. A bit of a tank as well. "Alright guys...let's do this thing." He called his pokemon into their pokeballs and watched Seth's first match. I couldn't help but laugh as Umbreon took down a Machoke, but was soon taken down by a Torkoal. He then sent out Zangoose and began to viciously attack the Torkoal. "THE **** SETH?" Don't get me wrong, I'm okay with most illegal activites, but attacking a pokemon excessively was most definitely out of the question! Nail was most definitely going to teach Seth a lesson. I won't stoop to his level, but I'm still gonna rough him up a bit. I looked to the other trainers. "That can't go unpunished guys. Next person to battle him, let him have it. Don't even give mercy."

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • As I entered the restaurant, people started to run around crazily as if something had happened. I walked back out before ordering to see what was going on. There were tons of people running toward the Colosseum in a hurry.

"Hmm, something must have happened." I murmured under my breath. They didn't seem scared, so I ignored it to get some food. I had already returned Eevee to her pokeball so she did not bother anyone else eating.

"Welcome! What can I get you this afternoon sir?" The cashier asked.

I looked up at the menu that was hanging on the wall. "A burger to go please."

As I waited at the counter for the burger to get ready, I overheard some people talking.

"Did you hear about what that Seth kid did?"
    "No what about him?"
    "He basically almost killed his opponent's Torkoal!"
    "Really now. Interesting."

"Sir, here is your burger." Another voice came.

I looked back at the cashier who was holding a bag.

"Oh! Sorry, wasn't paying attention." I said, and handed the money over.

I left the building and walked down the road back toward the Colosseum. I withdrew my phone and speed dialed the person who called earlier. The phone rang and the man picked up again.

"Oh Iruko, I wasn't expecting you to call so soon. Has something come up."

"Yes sir. I just heard that the person who is battling now pretty much killed his opponent's pokemon. Well, I actually over heard it from two shady men." I said.

"Really? Do you think he may be using Shadow Pokemon?" The man asked.

"Possibly. The two men I overheard seemed to take interest in it to." I said.

"Hmm. Good job. Keep an eye on that Seth kid. He may be useful in the future." The man said. The phone clicked and he was gone.

I took my burger out and began to eat it. I pass a trashcan to throw the bag in. I continue to walk down the streets back toward the Colosseum.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Blastois rushed Zangoose with surprising speed being how large the Pokemon was. However Zangoose was still faster as he slipped to the side cutting at his opponent's thick leg as he rolled to be behind. "Body Slam!" Oosei roared, her Pokemon basically just fell backward and let it's weight difference to the talking. Zangooses was pinned with only one of his claws still visable poking out from under Blastois' shell. "Hydro Pump! Drag 'im across the ground!" Oosei then ordered her next attack.

Blastois then shot out a torrent of water from both it's cannons, with enough force to push itself about halfway across the arena. Blastois then lept back to it's feet and turned to look at Zangoose who flinched slightly, but managed to pull himself upright. Not a second after he was upright Oosei's Blastois grabbed the little Ferret Pokemon by the neck and lifted it to be eye level. One of the cannons over it's shoulder to be point blank range. With the overweight turtle facing Seth he was unable to return his Pokemon.

"This is it! Blastois Hydro Cannon!!" With that said the Pokemon lodged the barrel into Zangoose's mouth and fired. Three quarters the way through the attack Blastois turned to face Seth, then let go of Zangoose who was sent flying directy into it's trainer. The impact knocked Seth onto his back, with his drowning Zangoose onto. Quickly returning his Pokemon Seth rose holding the ball out to his side the same as Oosei had done for her Torkal.

"An eye for an eye, huh? Good to see your taking things seriously now!"Seth glared with his eyes but maintained his evil smile the whole time.

"Oh, and the competitors are now down to one Pokemon each! Both delivering a near fatal blow to they're previous opponent! What Pokemon will Seth use to counteract Oosei's Blastois?!" the announcer called. The majority of the audiance cheered, at how the battle was going. For the harsh nature of many of the onlookers this was a good start.

Seth looked over his shoulder and nodded. Charmeleon smirked and stepped forward into the arena, his arms crossed over his chest as he spat out a bit of fire to the side. Seth ignored the laughing that his opponent was now doing and shoke his head at her, Charmeleon doing the same.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2017
    Loryn watched the battle in disbelief. Seth's Zangoose had mercilessly clawed its way into Torkoal's neck, not even stopping when blood stained its fur. She felt sick to her stomach, and sat on one of the benches provided in the observation area. What the hell Seth! she wanted to scream, but her mouth remained closed. I thought you were better than that! I thought you were better...

Loryn looked down as she felt something nudge her hands. Vaporeon gazed back up at her with concerned eyes. "It's nothing honey. I'm just...Scared that's all." She looked away for a moment, then back at her beloved Pokemon. "I'm just scared if we end up battling Seth. He can seem like an alright person in normal circumstances...But in battle..." She cringed. "He becomes a monster."

Loryn returned her attention to the match on hand. Oosei's Blastoise had managed to knock out Zangoose, severly injuring the ferret Pokemon too. It disgusted Loryn as she held Vaporeon closer. She couldn't imagine hurting her Pokemon as badly as the two opponents were.

Vaporeon suddenly started wriggling in her trainer's grasp. "Vay! Vapor!" she squeaked, pawing at the glass that looked out onto the battlefield. Seth had sent out his Charmeleon. Loryn smirked, scratching behind her Pokemon's ear. "You've taken a liking to that fire-type, huh?" she laughed, but a sick feeling in her stomach still remained.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
    Years
  • I decide to wonder up to the viewing deck where I spotted Loryn go earlier. I don't say anything to her because she is a few seats a way. She probably wouldn't notice me anyways. The stadium was definitely far different to the Colosseum, mainly because this sort of stuff is allowed. It's cruel, but you're aloud to do it. That's what makes me feel a bit selfish. I didn't know this would happen, and I feel bad that I'm putting my pokémon through all this. But they seemed determined, so I guess we'll be fine. I don't plan on using Leafeon at all due to it's low ability in battling, but Lucario Gallade Ampharos and Skarmory I will use for sure. Not sure who to start with. If I ever come close to even battling Seth I want to make sure I use Skamory against him. Defense is everything.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2017
    Loryn let her mind wander as the battle continued. I was going to use Vaporeon, but now I'm not so sure, she thought with a frown. I don't want her to get hurt. She's young, but she is strong...Oh well, I'll see how the second battle plays out. She thought about each of her Pokemon individually. Crobat could dodge attacks well, due to the fact that he could fly, and he was pretty fast. Misdreavus could also dodge pretty well, due to her sneaky nature, and her attacks were somewhat powerful. Shieldon was by far her strongest Pokemon defensively; he could withstand almost any attack his teammates threw at him. Breloom was pretty equal both offensively and defensively due to his hand-to-hand combat skills. Arcanine was obviously Loryn's powerhouse.

She noticed someone enter the room out of the corner of her eye, then turned to look. Yuki was entering the observation area, so Loryn decided to put her thought process on hold and join him. She moved over a couple of seats and sat down next to her companion. "Did you see what just happened between Torkoal and Zangoose?" she muttered under her breath. Obviously he had, but she needed to talk to someone about what she'd just witnessed.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
    Years
  • "Yes," I whisper back to her without moving my head from the battle. Loryn is now sitting beside me.

"Would you believe it's permitted though. They can do that. You can do that. I can do that. But I won't because it's wrong. If anyone should get hurt why does it always have to be the pokémon. Never the trainer." I'm calm with these words. I don't speak with anger, but with a distilled and lonesome voice. It's true I find it shocking, but if it's permitted, what other rules can I possibly break.

"Yeah, it's hard to look at, but I bet all the regular trainers here are as brutal. I don't know why you're here to be honest." My voice turns soft and slightly happier.

"You are pretty delicate after all." I laugh a bit then continue focusing on the battle ahead of me, trying to predict a certain style.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2017
    Loryn listened as she kept watching the battle. She turned her head slightly to reply. "I'm just going to go through this tournament as if it's a regular battle. I don't want my Pokemon getting hurt, and I don't want my opponent's Pokemon getting hurt. I was raised with manners, you know." She snorted, then whipped around to fully face Yuki as he said that she was delicate.

"I am not!" she protested, punching his arm playfully. "I could beat you in a battle any day. You just watch." Loryn winked and Vaporeon chirped her agreement, sticking out her tounge at the male trainer.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
    Years
  • "Yeah right I say cheerfully, trying to lighten up the mood. To be honest I doubt I'm going to lose to Loryn, although I'm certainly not going to win. It's true I do have no idea why she is here. Peer pressure? Maybe. She's definately not confident in herself enough to come in on her own terms. I fold my arms and go back to my concentrated mood. I slump in my chair.

"You know they weren't kidding when they said the Colosseum and the stadium are far different. Perhaps the likes of us should have waited untill the stadium was around, this is far to intense for me certainly."

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I reentered the waiting room. I was surprised to find that the first battle was still going on. I was also glad that I had left before the near death of pokemon had occurred. I wouldn't want my Eevee to see that. Loryn was talking do another boy, the one who had flew away with her last night. So I did not bother them. I also did not take any of my pokemon out, so that they could rest and I did not want them to see what can happen here. My pokemon are strong, but I do not want to scare them.

I walked away from Loryn and the boy so I could watch the match. I was surprised to see that the current pokemon were a Blastoise and a Charmeleon. Usually a Blastoise would have a huge advantage over a Charmeleon, but this was a Colosseum match, where mostly anything is allowed. I watched in silence as the death match continued. I was a bit more tense now, but even more so ready to battle. One thing in my mind was this, I would not fight dirty and I would not fight anyone who is willing to fight dirty. Pokemon are still living things. Orre may be a rough place, but there is no since in fighting pokemon to kill someone's pokemon.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2017
    Loryn picked at her nails, which she often did when she was nervous. "Maybe we should've," she sighed, "But we're here now, so we might as well make the best of it. Right? We just need to focus on defense, if all trainers here are as ruthless as we think." She gazed off at the battle for a moment, going silent as she thought. Suddenly, her eyes widened as she realized something.

"Yuki, you obviously know about Shadow Pokemon, right?" Loryn turned to look again at the man sitting next to her. "Well, they're pretty ruthless, aren't they? Maybe everyone out there is battling with Shadow Pokemon. And that's why they don't care that their Pokemon are getting hurt so badly." She fell back into her chair with a groan. "But of course, I have no idea how to battle Shadow Pokemon."

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
    Years
  • Shadow pokémon... Something I havn't head of in a while. I too have no clue about them but I have encountered one before. A zigzagoon. Easily killed actually, but hey who knows what an evolved one can do.

"I don't know either I say."

This kinda stops the conversation flow on my end. I'm out of things to say. And I'm tired. I don't bother coming back with another question, I just sit there and stare at the ongoing battle.

Years
  • Oosei laughed at Seth, "Really? Your going out like that? Fine by me! I'll exsingish it's tail flame quickly! I think I derserve that much after what you did to Torkal!" She shouted pointing for her Blastois to attack, but it was still recuperating from it's last attack. Charmeleon took the opportunity to spit out a huge fire ball that looked like the sun. The orb of fire shown brightly hovering above the battle field.

"Now now, no need to threaten my friends life like that. Seth shrugged sarcastically. Charmeleon however filled his eyes with rage at the female trainer's comment. He then proceeded to launch himself farward ramming his head into the Blastois' stomach then again under the jaw. A sturdy Pokemon, Blastois barely stummbled and aimed it's cannons again.

"Hydro Pump!" Oosei indicated, her Water Pokemon obeyed and sprayed again. Charmeleon widened it's mouth and returned a beam of consentrated solar energy that easily ripped through the water and caught Blastois in the face. This move had enough force to knock the Pokemon down onto it's back. Charmeleon lept onto the Pokemon's belly and lifted it's clawed left hand back. Before driving it down hard, into Blastois' face, causing it's head to snap backward. The inside of Charmeleon's mouth began to glow with white energy again.

But before he had the chance to fire Oosei recalled her gigantuan Pokemon back to it's ball. Charmeleon swallowed the built energy and dissapated the Sunny Day. Walking back casually to his trainer's side. "Good job, Charmeleon didn't doubt you for a moment." Seth congratulated making his way out of the arena, with his left fist skyward.

"And there you have it folks the first match is now over, winner is Seth Zypher!" The announcer concluded. Seth moved toward the medical unit to check on his Zangoose. He wasn't truly satisfied with his victory, and he showed it with a strong frown.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2017
    Loryn didn't say another word as her conversation faded with Yuki. She was on the edge of her seat watching the battle between Seth and Oosei. She was still confused about why Seth had chosen his Charmeleon, until the Pokemon let loose and attack that looked like Solar Beam. It was powered from the previous Sunny Day, so Blastoise didn't stand a chance. The huge blue turtle-like Pokemon was taken out after the first beam, deemed unable to battle. Seth had won the match, even at a type disadvantage. Loryn admired his strength, but the way he acted during battles was slightly frightening. She thought about going down to congratulate him, but quickly pushed it away. Perhaps if he came up to the observation area she'd say something.

Back