• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Region of Orre (M) [IC]

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2017
    Loryn looked up as she realized someone was talking to her. It was Rider, and he was...apologizing? "Oh, er, it's okay. I shouldn't have gotten so mad at you." she gave him a short smile, then looked away back toward the field. Her blank expression returned, and she was lost in her own thoughts again.

Vaporeon, from her place on her trainer's lap, looked up as Rider approached. Once she realized who it was, however, she just curled up to continue her nap. She wanted to be well rested for the tournament - and besides, she didnt want to get caught up in the commotion. She was just a Pokemon, she couldn't really do anything anyways.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Something is wrong. Gardevoir's telepathic voice rang in his head.

I looked toward the locker room where Seth and now the guy who punched had went in, but did not come back out. I walked toward the locker room entrance and entered. Three people were there now. Seth and his friend stood side by side facing a odd looking man who seemed to be a scientist.

"What's going on here?" I asked, crossing my arms.

There was nothing I could do at the moment. This scientist guy may have answers I need. I thought to myself.

Last edited:

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
    Years
  • The battle started abruptly with a flamethrower attack called forth which was easily evaded without orders. Skarmory often acted on his own accord if I ever miss anything, which is rare. I know physical attacks could get a flamethrower to the face unless I'm tactical about this. Hm. I know! I'll use something only my Skarmory knows.

"Skarmory dig!" Skarmory plunged into the earth with it's metal beak and dug under, leaving my opponent mark very confused already. "Now!" I say and Skarmory leaps up behind the slow pokémon in an attempt at aerial ace.

"Lava Plume" Is called for an attack but skarmory simply leans to one side and evades the attack again, landing on the camerupt causing damage. The first damage of the match goes to me. Skarmory lifts back into the air with a swoop and I call for it to do another dig attack. Mark is already on the case turning his camerupt down, but me and Skarmory think alike. Skarmory comes up behind him yet again and lands another aerial ace attack. It's impossible for him to know where it's coming from. The camerupt then launches an earthquake attack in is rage, but Mark soon knocks some sense into him. Nasty cow. Skarmory then does a few evasive attempts while he launches several flamethrowers at us. His other move must be a ground type because he hasn't used it yet. Skarmory is hit by a flamethrower, but gets moving again as if he has only been stammered. Then the camerupt ordered hyper beam. Ah so that was his other move. Not easily evaded but not very effective. A flamethrower would do more damage to my Skarmory than it, but I try avoiding it anyway. It skims Skamory's wing which seems to make it yelp a bit but I ask it to move forward while it's recharging. I think Mark is shocked by the fact that I just survived his hyper beam and annoyed that his camerupt has to recharge.

"Okay then, Skarmory Giga Impact!" The camerupt can't move! It's perfect, plus its already taken a bit of damage. Skarmory swoops down and faces the pokémon gaining speed slowly until...

Camerupt is unable to battle. One down 2 to go. I return Skarmory to it's pokéball and prepare for his next pokémon.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
    Years
  • Zephyr "Rider" Blitz

I couldn't believe what this guy said. "What the **** do you mean, 'I have been doing well'?" It was rather odd. This guy seemed to be a creepy-ass fan. I looked to Seth. "I say we beat him senseless. He obviously will kidnap us the second we turn our backs." I looked to the guy who was entering the room. He seemed pretty suprised at what he saw. "Well, guy, this guy over here seems to know us, even though we've never met his ugly mug before. He said something about us 'doing well'. I don't suppose you know whatever the **** he means?" This guy was irritating. I could tell by the look in his eyes that said he was crazy. I looked to Seth. "This guy's ****ing crazy. There's no way we can let him get away."

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2017
    Loryn watched as Yuki and his Skarmory won the battle with ease. That's weird, she thought with a frown, I didn't think Skarmory's attacks would be that effective, considering flying type moves aren't very damaging to ground types. It also struck her as odd that the steel/flying type could use dig. It wasn't in the Pokemon's move pool, that was for sure, so Yuki must've trained hard to get his Skarmory to learn it.

The Mark guy obviously didn't know what hit him as Camerupt was knocked out. Loryn wondered what his next Pokemon would be. She was slightly surprised that Yuki withdrew Skarmory - he still had some fighting potential left. Ah well. He's probably saving him for later, she thought, and began pondering on both trainer's tactics. She was trying to get some ideas for her upcoming battle.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
    Years
  • The man grunted and grasped his next pokéball, quickly releasing his seviper. Easy enough.

"Lucario, I need your help!" Lucario is released from his pokéball in a knelt position, but quickly stands himself upright. He pulls his palm out in fromnt of him to indicate he is ready.

The seviper quicklycomes at Lucario with quick attack, a move that isn't very effective. Lucario jumps into the air and easily lands with a force palm. This was too easy. The seviper then used poison sting which doesn't effect lucario due to it being steel type, so Lucario pummels through and lands a close combat. The Seviper is still alive, but this time it uses dig. Why6 didn't he use that earlier. I try to think of something clever...

"Lucario, handstand!" Lucario quickly obeys, and in a matter of two seconds Lucario stands upside down, a force palm waiting for the next second. Bam, another hit, sending Lucario into the air gracefully and Seviper out of the battle. Lucario doesn't look hurt so I keep him in.

Mark then releases his final pokémon, houndoom. Fire type again. The houndoom quickly starts of with a flamethrower attack. This guy's impatient! Lucario steps to one side mocking the houndoom and launches itself forward. "Jump" Lucario leaps into the air and lands behind it, unfortunately a bit to late. The houndoom quickly lands a not very effective pursuit, but Lucario recoils with close combat, sending the Houndoom flying. It gets up though and charges into Lucario. Headbut? Either way Lucario is stuck at the head of Houndoom about to be rammed into a wall. His hand are still moveable.

"Lucario force palm!" Lucario hits the houndoom just before it was about to get crushed. Goo call, other wise Lucario would have been severely injured. The houndoom is unable to battle. I win.

I feel relieved that the battle went so well. Hopefully people know now that I'm no pushover, I'm a force to be dealt with, and a threat to their glory.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2017
    Loryn raised her eyebrow as Lucario neatly took out his opponent's Seviper and Houndoom. The steel/fighting type made it look simple. Loryn could tell he was extremely experienced - his fighting type moves were clean and quick without much room to dodge. So overall it seemed either Yuki was pretty good, or that Marcus guy was pathetically bad. Either way, her friend had won and he was moving on to the next round...

...Which meant the next battle would be starting soon. Loryn took a deep breath; being nervous wouldn't help anything. She didn't even know if she would be the next one chosen. Perhaps it would be Iruko, or even Rider. Still not entirely convinced though, she roused Vaporeon, who was slumbering on her lap.

"Wake up Vaporeon. We may be up soon," she murmured at the sleepy-eyed Eeveelution. Vaporeon blinked and yawned, then instantly became her cheerful self again. "Vay! Vapor!" she barked as Loryn pulled a box out of her bag. "Here's an Oran Berry. Eat up!" she giggled as Vaporeon nommed on the blue berry oh-so-cutely. The trainer did have other Pokemon edibles in her bag, such as Poffins and PokeBlocks (She was quite the cook!), but she decided to save them until later on.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I listen to the one guy say that the scientist like guy knew them, but they didn't know him. I stayed near the door way.

"Science nerd, are you taking place in this tournament or are you here without permission. I suggest you leave, because I will just turn my back if you do not and let these two take care of you." I said eyeing the science nerd.

Then I looked at Seth and his friend. "If he is in the tournament, you should probably wait to take care of him on the battlefield. I doubt you two want to be disqualified from the tournament. However if he does not leave and he is not in the tournament, you two have fun and I will turn my back. I suggest not using your pokemon though, would cause too much commotion." I smiled and turned back toward the battle.

"Oh one more thing. Seth I kinda over heard you yelling. Remember this, you always have a choice which has many reasons. If you are in some type of trouble, you have friends to help." I said, not knowing if I just made any sense at all. It was just something that popped into my head and flowed freely. I don't know exactly why it would, but it did.

I looked back at the battle. To my surprise it was already over. I smiled as I watched Yuki, I learned his name because of the announcer, celebrating some. Oh yes. If I have a battle with him, it will no doubt be fun. I thought to myself.

Last edited:

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
    Years
  • I step back into the viewing room and stretch my arms before sitting down on one of the chairs. Lucario is still beside me as I have yet to return him to is pokéball. I give him a friendly hug and he sits next to me.

"Thanks Lucario, you did amazing. I'm just glad you didn't get crushed." I pause for a moment. "We've got to play it safe from now on, especially when we come to fight Seth.... I know we will fight each other. Sooner or later."

I look over and at the other end of the room is Seth and Loryn pestering an old guy. I sigh, acknowledging that Loryn is naive and Seth is brutal. I try and think about my last battle to give my mind something to think about. Was that guy really an experienced trainer Perhaps he was the weakest, or perhaps I am just too strong. I shouldn't think like that because if I assume I'm better than everyone here my battles will be very tough. Lucario is fast asleep, resting on my shoulder. This makes me smile.

Years
  • "Heheh, as you wish." the scientist replied to Iruko's suggestion that he leaves. "Mr. Zypher, I believe this will be the last time we see eachother for awhile. But as for you two...perhaps not..." With that the scientist faded from sight right before Seth and Zephyr's eyes, Iruko missed the spectical being his back was turned to witness the end of Yuki's fight.

Seth raised a brow and looked to Rider questionably. "Did he just...vanish?" He asked in disbelief. Not quite so worried about it, rather just confused at how the man managed it. (Haha, went the opposite way with it, being there was an audiance, gotta save Seth's breakdown for later.)

"With the second match over, our victor being Yuki with a flawless preformance, let us move right on to the next! Maya Aldaine against Thomas Hou!"

Seth turned towards the battle field, 'damn missed the whole thing.' He thought, not seeing any of Yuki's tactics, not that he particularily cared anyway, would just make their possible battle more interesting.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2017
    Loryn looked up from her Vaporeon as Maya's name was called. Oh! I completely forgot about her! she thought, mentally face-palming. She looked up as Yuki entered the room with his Lucario, and gave him a quick smile. "Nice job out there. You took out that Marcus guy nice and easily," she said as he sat down with his Pokemon. He and Lucario were a very good team, she could tell, as the Pokemon began slumbering on its trainer's shoulder. Vaporeon often did the same thing, but it was only because she was small enough to fit there and she was the lovey-dovey type. Lucario honestly doesn't look that way, Loryn thought with a smirk.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
    Years
  • Loryn sits next to me and comments on my battle.

"Thanks, but that guy was an idiot. He used poison on a steel type. He wasn't exactly an expert," I say. I sound negative now, I should be saying, yeah it was great I totally owned that guy, but I just don't think it was a good battle. I'm surprised that Lucario's asleep after that battle... Maybe it was because he got up early to get the milk. Ha, if he was tired during that battle, imagine what he will be like when he's awake. In my mind I'm smirking, but in the flesh I'm frowning.

"So what was going on with the old man?" I ask curiously.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2017
    "Well, type advantages don't always win battles," came Loryn's short reply. She'd been thinking about it for a while now. Sure, if a water type was used against a fire type it would have the advantage, but it wouldn't necessarily win. It would only score lots of damage if its water type move hit...which didn't always happen. So because of this, she was more focused on keeping her Pokemon speedy than anything.

She looked slightly confused as Yuki mentioned an old man. "What old man?" Loryn asked, a puzzled frown forming on her lips. "I never saw any old man. I heard some muffled talking and perhaps some banging outside of the observation area earlier when Seth stormed off, but I figured he was out there punching walls to let off some steam."

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
    Years
  • Zephyr "Rider" Blitz

My jaw dropped as the nerdy looking guy vanished. "What. The. Actual. ****." It blew my mind! It wasn't physically possible to just...up and vanish! "I think he did..." I was too shocked to notice anything else. I gave Seth a nod and returned to the spectators' box, taking a seat in the front row. It seems as if that Maya girl from last night had been called to the battlefield. The prospect of a battle drew back in to the world. It had seemed I missed Yuki's entire fight. But no matter. It was over quickly and there was a Lucario next to her. That must be her strong point. If I used Nail...It would probably be over just as quickly. The Primeape wasn't only strong, he was fast. The two could make a brutalizing effect. Burn would work just as well, being a fire type. Seep however wouldn't be very effective unless he could get in a good Fire Blast or two. I looked over to the others. "I can't wait until I go up!"

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I sat in a seat not far away from where Yuki had come and took a seat. His Lucario was sleeping soundly and Loryn had just walked over to him.

D...did he just say old man? Surely he isn't talking about me, but the way he said it sounded like he was just there. I also thought I heard him say Seth, but Seth was just reentering the viewing room.I thought to myself. Maybe he wasn't talking about me.

Two more names were called, but I did not see any movement. I wondered where the two people that were just called were at. Seth and the other guy had just returned to the spectator room where now all of us were at and everything seemed calm. I thought about calling the boss, but I did not want to bother him yet. The old science nerd made it sound like he would run into me again. I just hoped that it was when no one else was around, so that I could ask him a few questions. I walked over to where Loryn and Yuki were at.

"Yuki, very nice fight. Even if your opponent was a push over, you still did well. You have trained your pokemon well. I look foreword to battling you." I said, smiling at the Lucario.

Last edited:

Daisuke Mitsuharu

Punching Bag
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2023
    "Togekiss, take center stage. Shine on!" Maya bellowed, bearing a strikingly steely gaze, as a testament of her firm, unflinching resolve, that stemmed from the fiery ember of determination she had possessed. Truth be told, an almost poignant air of confidence and faith had enveloped her; naturally, her gaze was set upon her triumph. The elegant fowl, with much poise, ascended with grace, enveloped by a vibrant azure glimmer to further accentuate its graceful beauty. Maya appeared quite pleased, bearing a slightly merry demeanor. Thomas, firmly upright at the far- end of the elongated platform, was quite jubilant also, although to a lesser extent than Maya. He was a rather tall, well- built lad, coupled with neatly sheared, short coal black hair, and a strikingly tact gaze.

With no apparent warning, Thomas spoke, albeit nonchalantly, with a hint of amusement in his tone of voice, "An aerial advantage already. Maya, was it? You seem to be a fine trainer."

Maya smiled, "I could say the same about you. Not all trainers possess such keen observance."

"Fair enough."

Thomas bellowed, "Machamp, stand your ground." A rather voluminously robust 'Pokemon' graced the platform, with its astoundingly sinewy, bulky physique, and finely sculpted muscles, a feat not easily accomplished, to say the least.

"Togekiss, aim true and use aura sphere, continuous fire." Cognizant of Maya's behest, Togekiss began molding a sapphire sphere of blue aura, only to release them in a continuous streak. Of course, granted the slight distance, Maya held advantageous cards. But, naturally, she had to draw them wisely.

"Machamp, intercept those assails." In a blink of an eye, the sinewy Machamp plainly struck the blue spheres with its bulky arms, and dispersing of them; a slight azure glimmer emanated from the sphere, as they had dissipated. Maya was visibly awestruck by Machamp's overwhelming strength, and lightning fast reflexes; certainly, victory was straying farther and farther away from her grasp; it was going to be a grueling battle.

Last edited:
    Years
  • ((Haha, I love reading your style of writing Daisuke, been waiting to see it in battle.))

Seth had returned to his end seat in the viewing booth and watched Maya enter the arena, her first Pokemon was Togekiss. The battle had just begun so it was difficult to see who had the upperhand, the Machamp easily deflected the Aura Spheres that originated from the Flying/Normal Pokemon, but that didn't really mean much. He shoke the thought of the scientist's miraculas disappearing act, and looked to Yuki across the way.

"Congrats on your win, man. Wish I knew it'd be over so quickly, I woulda stuck around to witness it." Seth spoke casually, not sure if the man would reply, considering his method of battle varied entirly from his.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2017
    Loryn paused the conversation momentarily as Seth, Iruko, and Zephyr filed into the room. Zephyr seemed to be pondering on something as he took his seat in the front row. Seth sat down and congratulated Yuki on his victory, whereas Iruko had walked over to where she and Yuki were seated, and complimented her companion on his fine battling skills. Loryn paid Seth no attention and glanced around Iruko to where Maya and her opponent, Thomas, were taking the stage. She wondered what tactics the coordinator had up her sleeve - their battling styles might be very similar, as Pokemon contests and Pokemon Shows were closely related.

Maya, as Loryn guessed, sent out her Togekiss first. Her opponent chose an unusually strong looking Machamp. Maya began with a round of Aura Spheres, but, to her surprise, Machamp deflected them without so much as a scratch. Loryn bit her lip, already feeling nervous for the girl on the battlefield. Stay strong Maya! This one's going to be tough...

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
    Years
  • A round of people suddenly begin to surround me, congratulating me. Even Seth. I don't know one of them, so I don't look him in the eye, but look into Seth's eye.

"Thank you," I say, then I shift my eyes back down, trying to ignore them. They'll get bored and walk away soon enough. I couldn't exactly answer Loryn's question with these people around so I pretend I never asked. Although Seth was aragont he blaintanly just stated he had missed my match, which intrigued me a bit. He didn't know my fighting technique, but I knew his. It was nice however how he stated he wish he had stuck around. I look at the man I don't know. He knows my name, obviously, but I don't think he knows me. At least he has some spirit, and a sense of fairness. Unlike Seth. ARGH why do I keep brining his name up. He's everywhere! In my head, in the Colosseum, in posters, in merchandise, in rumors, in general talk. It frustrates me so much. I look back at Seth.

"Yes you had the decency to congratulate me but don't think I'll be doing the same to you." Why did I just say that. I just insulted him, and there's so much more I want to say...

"You battle unfairly and don't care about the feelings of your pokémon, that you might as well get clawed to death yourself. How would you feel Seth?" Lucario notices my distress and wakes up scowling at the fact that he has been seen lying on me and scowling at Seth. He doesn't know why, he's just sticking up for me.

Years
  • 'Son of a Bi***, again with the death! I didn't kill anything! But maybe I will, then see how they like it....Wow, what was that?.' Seth was surprised at how swiftly Yuki changed from a simple 'thank you' to a full on out-burst as well as his sudden mental conflict. The man even had the audacity to mention something about him not caring for the feelings of his Pokemon. Though Seth was boiling after just calming down moments ago, he kept a sarcastic smile on his face. "Now, I suppose I'd feel dead, wouldn't I, Yuki?" He stated plainly.

Back