• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Generation 5 Draw-off

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023

For Round 3, we'll assign each of the contestants a specific Pokemon to draw.
    We'll have to wait for our lovely host to return first, though.
    You have 24 hours after she returns. Good luck!

Kay, you have 24 hours from now! Though we'll probably be allowing extensions.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
  • ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Yeah, I never got any message...

Also I'm definitely gonna need an extension considering that I have a full time job, a 3 hour commute, and I have to go to bed early. Weekdays just aren't good days...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    ALTHOUGH NOT QUITE OFFICIAL BUT BLACK AND WHITE POKEMON NONETHELESS...

CommanderPigg: Cobalion.
    aragornbird: Genesect.

Kay gogogo draw. /sucks XD;

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • What an epic showdown indeed. I love your artwork, CommanderPigg! It's so detailed. And of course, aragornbird is always stealing hearts in PC's art competitions. Best of luck to you both drawing legendary Pokemon. :3

I wouldn't be opposed to a slight extension for the finalists. Can the participants still post and share new drawings/thoughts? :o

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I wouldn't be opposed to a slight extension for the finalists. Can the participants still post and share new drawings/thoughts? :o

Participants as in the ones not in the final? Yeah sure /doesn't see an issue with that. :3

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • Even though I'm no finalist.
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2011
    @Vaporeon7 kewt

And yeah,will there be any thing for the extend GT8?
    Like a second tournament?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Hey guys it's been 3 days and I've been totally lenient here buuut unlike last drawoff we don't want this one to continue til after the GT is over, so in other words can you submit your entries within the next 19 hours please? :D (when the GT ends, that is) and then scores given back within the day hopefully. :x

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years

Sorry, I won't have mine ready today, with my busy schedule and all the other events, but I'll definitely be done with it tomorrow evening after I get back from work.

This should also give CommanderPigg some extra time if she needs it.

CommanderPigg

Dento used bishie sparkles!
    Years
  • All right, really sorry for the late entry. It was kinda a stretch since I had little idea on how to go about it until the very last minute, so...here you go! I'm a bit disappointed with how it turned out, since ambient lighting isn't really easy for me...and neither are most quadrupeds XD But I tried my best! Can't wait to see your entry, aragornbird, it's been a real honor!
    Spoiler:

*dead*

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years

It's done! Technically I finished this last night, but the forums were acting up so I decided to wait until the morning.

Spoiler:

Genesect was quite a challenge since there is no official art released for it, so I had to rely solely on the sprite. But it was fun anyways.

Btw, can the judges post the scores for both entries when they announce the winner? Thanks! :)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Woow totally worth waiting for both entries (both are so amazing oh my God). Going to PM the judges right now to remind them etc results shouldn't be thaaat long which Gym will post eventually. :3

CommanderPigg

Dento used bishie sparkles!
    Years

• Btw, can the judges post the scores for both entries when they announce the winner? Thanks! :)
    Yes, I'm quite curious as well so I know how much I lost by ^^

Before this ends, may I give some compliments to aragornbird? Your latest entry just blew me away. From your style, I expected something really badass and epic and *explozhuuuns* for a pokemon like Genosect. But the art you provided contradicted that expectation. It's really cute and creative, and it has that whimsy that I had no idea could exist for such a pokemon. And of course, the background/lighting/coloring is immaculate. Truly a wonderful piece :')

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • Round 3 Results

Alright! Since Signomi never came back, I'll be posting the final results for the Draw-off! Once again, I'd like to thank all the contestants--and the two finalists for their participation in all three rounds. The judging was pretty difficult for the final round, and it... Was a really close race. If I could, I'd give both contestants the first place emblem :s

So, put your paws up for...

Spoiler:

Congratulations!

Thanks again for your entries and sorry for the delay~
    We hope you'll be with us for Draw-Offs in the future!

Back