• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Generation 5 Draw-off

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Question: Do you have to enter all three rounds?

"Top six are chosen and need to draw their images (can be any Pokemon)."

Noope. :x But either way, time is up now for entering round one.

The judges will decide on top 6 and I'll let ya'll know who makes it through to round 2. :3

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • Alright, I've finished my judging for this round. I'll forgo divulging my scores for this round, just out of courtesy (since there's so many entries). My grading rubric is below. Unlike last year, each parameter is graded off out of 10, for a total of 110, weighted back down to 10.

Aesthetics -- The actual look
    • Use of color -- Whether the piece has color or not, it has to work. If a picture appears to desperately need color (or the colors look odd), then you'll lose points here... But if you make a nice composition in black and white, you'll prosper in this area too.
    • Shapes / Textures -- The shapes and lines in the piece must be clean; the coloring should not be splotchy.
    • Focus / Composition -- The piece must be focused on a certain area and not be too chaotic. If you're just going for a representational piece, you'll get a neutral score here.
    • Movement -- There needs to be a clear sense of space in the piece. Shading is an integral part of this parameter.
    • Proportions -- If the proportions don't make sense (and they aren't intended to be that way), then expect to lose points.
    Skill -- The stylistic flair
    • Style -- The medium & the skill level employed in that medium.
    • Consistency -- Is the style consistent throughout the piece? Are there any areas which look oddly different?
    • Effort -- I'll judiciously grade on how much time I personally feel it took you to draw the piece. The more effort the better.
    Content -- What's going on
    • Uniqueness -- Is this a unique scene? Has this topic been done to death? You'll lose points if it's just a re-draw of a pre-existing art, but not too many.
    • Appeal -- How much the piece stands out from the rest of the competition.
    • Setting -- Is setting used well in the piece? Does the background complement the focus? Representations lose minor points.
    Merit -- Bonus points that I will judiciously give to whatever pieces I feel deserves them the most.

3200th post.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I made this art of Gothitelle, all by myself!

Plus, her name is written with Unown!

gothitelle-art.png

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • Round 1 Results

Thank you all for competing in Round 1 of the GT8 Generation V Draw-off!
    There were a lot of nice entries to judge, and the results are finally in!
    So, without further ado... The six that will be advancing to the next round are:

Spoiler:

For Round 2, draw any Generation V Pokemon. And do your best!
    You have 24 hours. Good luck!

LightOfTruth

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2020
    That was my first attempt at this event, Congratulation's to all of the winners :)

켄니씨

>Insert C.U.T Here<
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2011
    Congratz to the winners,wish you best of luck
    and remember there's always room to improve,so get your artsy hands busy ^^

Osha_say_wott?!

osha osha
    Years
  • Soo.... I'm the only one to advance using good ol' fashion paper and pencil? xD I don't think I can compete with the other 5 contestants. :cer_eek: I will do my best, though, using the primitive ways of drawing; a sheet of paper and drawing utensils. :cer_tongue: I should upgrade to a tablet or something. P:

켄니씨

>Insert C.U.T Here<
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2011
    Pen,pencil and paper ftw!
    OSha_say_wott the future of traditional art is in yours hands ;P

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • Only 24 hours, huh? I better get started then. Good luck to the people who've made it through too!
    @Osha_say_wott?! and
    켄니씨 : Pencil and paper is FTW!

Edit:

Here's my entry for the 2nd round:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

CommanderPigg

Dento used bishie sparkles!
    Years
  • OOOh boy, this was a challenge. I'm not very good working with water, so apologies off the bat if I messed up tidal structure and stuff like that. Taking a risk here with this XD Without further ado, yet another one of my favorites: Seismitoad!! It's so cuuute OwO
    Spoiler:

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • Fatigue be gone! Oh but those two entries already are awesome. At least I made top 6? xD I'll post mine later, I really need to start at it.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I don't have a tablet... I don't draw traditionally anymore. Mouse and pen tool are my weapons. Regardless, GT Art events are a phenomenal opportunity for practice. ^^

Kirozane and Drakow know why I keep thinking about food... *w*

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Osha_say_wott?!

osha osha
    Years
  • The traditionalist reporting in. :cer_tongue: At the last minute as usual. xD

Spoiler:

I don't think I stand a chance against the other entries, but I had fun drawing.^^ I put in a lot more effort and work in this one. xD and yes, I am almost out of pencil. :cer_laugh:

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
  • ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Here's my entry:

Spoiler:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Last edited:

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • Round 2 Results

Thanks for all the entries, guys! All of them were fantastic this time around. Signomi and I have finished our judging for this round, but naturally, I am probably going to stall giving those out since I like breeding anticipation. If you were really impatient, you wouldn't have gotten to this part of the paragraph, though. But...

Alright! Here they are! The two finalists moving on to the third round are:

Spoiler:

For Round 3, we'll assign each of the contestants a specific Pokemon to draw.
    We'll have to wait for our lovely host to return first, though.
    You have 24 hours after she returns. Good luck!

CommanderPigg

Dento used bishie sparkles!
    Years
  • woah...thank you. I'm really honored to have gotten this far. And even more honored to have to face off against aragornbird (I'm still in awe at your chandalure pic *_*). Best of luck, ribaru! X3 Either way, it's been great seeing all this awesome art.

Back