• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Seasonal Photography

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Get-Together 8​

→ Seasonal Photography

Presented to you by Captain Fabio and Forever

What does this event entail?[/CSS-DIV]
    We want you guys to grab your cameras and get snapping! Basically, we'll be giving you a theme, and you take a photo to suit that theme. Your photo can be taken whenever, basically, as long as you didn't enter it in past Get-Together's. Also, you're not allowed to use image editing software at all except to resize your image, sorry!

If you're posting the actual image, remember to put it in a spoiler, or just link it.

How is it played?[/CSS-DIV]
    Round One / "Summer"
    Everyone posts their photos to suit the first theme. Depending on where you're located, it may not be summer for your part of the world, so that's why we're allowing photos from the past.
    From when this thread is posted - 16th (American EST)

Round Two / "Winter"
    The top 6 are chosen, and need to post their photos to suit the theme.
    16th - 17th (American EST)

Round Three
    The final two are chosen and must take photos suiting the final theme. Again, they can be from whenever.
    17th - 18th (American EST)

Judges?

Prizes?[/CSS-DIV]
    Only those who place in top 2, as well as participants get emblems.

Seasonal Photography

Bright lights and cameras flashing...!
    ...is what you'll experience someday, 'cause you're a skilled photographer who won first place in the Get-Together 8's Seasonal Photography.

Seasonal Photography

You almost webbed a victory...
    Buuut you just missed out. Second place is still good though in Get-Together 8's Seasonal Photography!

Seasonal Photography

Seasonal Photography Participant
    No awesome descriptions or anything, but you participated in the Get-Together 8 event and hopefully next time you'll be a winner.

Have fun! If you have any questions or concerns, send either of us a private message. :)

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Here is my entry that I just took. This picture represents what I think of when I think of summer. I hope that this entry will be unique; something different from all of the beaches and flowers and water, etc, etc. By the way, I did crop the picture if that is okay. I didn't edit it in any other way, however, just used paint to crop it xD
    Spoiler:

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • Here's mine... It's a tree (I dunno what kind though) I see everyday outside my window.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Last summer, which was an iconic one for me, I went to Greece and Italy. Now each time I think about summer I think of the scenery I saw there and this has to be one of the things I remember:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    I may change this to something more fitting, but, Summer for me is all about travel, and what you see when you do. So I took this today.
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I'm not the host for this event or anything, but like Forever said, please post your photos in spoilers, it's taking forever to load this page for me x.x

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I'm going to submit this one :3

Spoiler:

Years
  • Just a reminder, please do put your pictures in spoilers!

Lovely to see you all posting. Very excited about judging all these lovely pictures; going to be tough to choose which are best!​

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Here's my entry. It's a picture of the swimming pool taken right from the hotel room patio. This was from my vacation in Ensenada, Mexico last year. :3

romdinner

Gazing at the sky...
    Years
  • For me ( and many others) summer means the BEACH, but i like to look at things most people pass by so here is my picture :D

Spoiler:

Years
  • Just my luck for my best picture to be all autum-y and my worst to be summer xD

Well anyway, heres a picture i took last summer when i got lost in went to the country park down the road from me.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
  • What is summer all about if not the freedom, especially the freedom to travel to other places? But how can you do this without the means to bring you there?
    Spoiler:

Roads = summer, imo. Put it all together and it lines up perfectly!

Osha_say_wott?!

osha osha
    Years
  • Here's my entry and interpretation of summer. I call it; Dry, Dead, Texas Heat.

Spoiler:

And for a little insight; the grass is Dry, the tree is Dead and the sun in the background is heat. ^^

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • I took this photo a while ago and it reminds me of summer because of using water to cool down, eating fresh fruit outside on hot nights, the warm colours of summer. Just the whole shabang really.

Spoiler:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back