• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Seasonal Photography

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Kaaay that's all the entries we're accepting for now, Fabio and I will discuss & get back to you guys soon regarding which 6 make it through to round 2 :)

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • You should have been time specific, just saying the 16th was too vague, but I guess 16th EST is sort of like 00:00 EST x). I was about to enter in like 3 hours, watching Glee ^^

Anyway, good luck to all participants :)

~Edit~
    Since submission for Round One as ended, this post is just because I like the pic. Summer means adventure!
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    KAY GUYS RESULTS OF ROUND ONE.

Spoiler:

These people move onto round 2, aka, take a picture of something that represents Winter. Good luck, you have 24 hours!

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Yeahhh I have like nothing for winter. xD;; Oh well at least I got to round 2.

This was taken in NY around Christmas, it doesn't have ice or snow or anything but it's Christmas-related and that's in the winter so :P

Spoiler:

Osha_say_wott?!

osha osha
    Years
  • This is from last year. I had trouble narrowing it down to the one pic I would enter. xD
    I call it "A Dog and his (Snow)Ball"

Spoiler:

I love winter and snow, and this pic shows the simplicity, fun and curiosity snow can bring.

Last edited:

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • There is nothing spectacular for me to take a picture of regarding winter here, so here's a picture I took about whilst in America last time.

Spoiler:

"Looking out on the horizon and seeing black clouds and physical gloom, yet still we can remain bright like the torch we carry, whether on the outside, or the inside."

Taken during winter as well, so yeah. :D
    My relation between winter and this photo!

Last edited:

romdinner

Gazing at the sky...
    Years
  • Made it to Round two....let's see if i can make it further. Here is my pic. What comes first in my mind when i hear winter, beside snow is Christmas with a lot of decorations :D. Good luck to all who made it to this round.

Spoiler:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Results of round 2...

Osha_say_wott?! and Abnegation are the final two.

The theme? Water! We'll give you to the end of the GT (since apparently Gav won't be on...?) good luck!

Years
  • I am still here guys, I am judging from afar! XD

I would just like to say thank you to everyone who has entered. You have made it one tough event for me and Forever to judge, not that I don't mind, I like a good challenge, but you have all been amazing!
    I don't know why the Photography section isn't buzzing with all your epic photography skills, you should all check it out and the Photography school too! :D

Thank you again!​

Osha_say_wott?!

osha osha
    Years
  • With the GT extension, will there be an extension to the deadline as well? Forever did say until the end of the GT. x) Although, there is only two contestants, not much reason to have an extension. But I'm not sure if I will be able to produce something by the end of the day. x3 But I can manage to pull something out if the deadline is still set before midnight EST tonight. I'm resourceful that way. :cer_tongue:

Years
  • I am going out on a whim here, so if Forever disagrees, I am sorry for the misleading post, but I think that having a extension would be unfair on the other contestants that had to meet their deadlines.

However, I would allow only 1 day extension. I understand that everyone has busy lives, and I know that Abegnation is on holiday, so I will allow 1 day only. If the two finalists can't post a picture by then, then me and Forever will go back to the semi-final and choose another 2 finalists.

Sorry for being harsh, but I believe it would be very unfair on others.
    So you have 1 extra day, 24 hours and no more.​

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    I reckon I can post one tomorrow, I spent the whole day traveling today, so there wasn't much I could do about that... so yeah, should have something by then. Though the theme is pretty vague, does water entail that we can take pictures of lakes, rivers etc.? Which would involve more scenery or does the theme simply mean that the focus should primarily be on water? If it's the latter, I think it'd be pretty... hard, to do something.

Years
  • Water needs to be the center point of the picture. So water on a pain of glass, or water in a glass, or a reflection in water, so on.

You can have anything in the picture, but picture has to be in it.​

Osha_say_wott?!

osha osha
    Years
  • I didn't think you were being harsh at all, you were more generous than anything else.
    Good thing this is the final round, my camera is dead. x3 Hecnce, why I didn't think I would be able to produce anything today. But I was able to borrow a camera from someone and took some pics before the sun went down.^^ Again, I couldn't decide which photo to enter. xD
    So here is my entry for water. I call it, "A Body (of Water) In Motion"

Spoiler:

When water was announced as the theme, I knew right away I wanted to take a pic of a waterfall. They entitle what water is all about. Water can be full of power and motion, yet it can also be fluently malleable and graceful. Waterfalls are full of powerful force, whilst being beautiful at the same time. Strength and beauty.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    In contrast to Osha's photo, I think I'll show water in its still form, water isn't always moving, and often it can reflect the beauty, and I believe this is water the way it wishes to be, calm, relaxed, a being of reflection. And so, this river is my focal point.

Spoiler:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Resuuuuults!

The winner of Seasonal Photography 2011 GT 8 is...!
    Spoiler:

Congrats. :3

Everyone else, you better post photography galleries and be active around there, kay? :D

Osha_say_wott?!

osha osha
    Years
  • Congrats, Abnegation~!^^
    Your photo was rather excellent. Such a delightful scenery and the red hue really captivates, a nice touch. You have an amazing talent as a photographer. :cer_smile:

@Forever - My cam is not working, so yeah.. x3 Oh well, I'm not much of a photographer anyways; I don't really take photos except for attending events and whatnot. xD

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    Ah, cool. Don't really have much to say other than thank you to the judges/hosts, this year was a pretty good competition. Never got the chance to enter last year. Anyway, congrats to you too Osha, you did really well to make it to the final and I thought your last entry was really great. I wasn't sure who was going to win in the end, I bet it was a close call!

Thanks again, this was fun.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back