• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dynamic Emerald Attack Rombase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trainer 781

This base will be re-written in C and combined with DizzyEgg's project.
Recently, DizzyEgg started working on an upgraded battle engine in C. After I released this base here, he gave me an offer to combine projects.
I found his work attractive and writing code in C is much easier and less time consuming as compared to ASM.
So we'll rewrite many routines in C and use some of them directly in the combined project.

If someone wants to rip routines from the ASM base. Feel free to do so, but do give credit to the appropriate person.

ElijahCabugao

Metagross's Metagrossite is reacting to Elijah's M
Years
Dude, I tested your rom base and found a slight problem...(When my attack misses or fails, the screen freezes but the game music still running)

Trainer 781

Dude, I tested your rom base and found a slight problem...(When my attack misses or fails, the screen freezes but the game music still running)

Redownload. I already corrected it. But it doesn't matter now since it is being remade.

goranthegreat

b71a7e38e9c0ffdd9962ef472c55eb27_1024.png

I keep on getting this error...

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
Okay I have a question on this I leave the the offset that all this goes to to the default so when I go and test it I can't choose my starter it freezes my game so please help me with this

Trainer 781

Okay I have a question on this I leave the the offset that all this goes to to the default so when I go and test it I can't choose my starter it freezes my game so please help me with this

Try refollowing the steps. It doesn't matter as it being rewritten.

JordanB500

Former Pokemon League Champion
Years
i am just curious would it be possible to choose which features are added whenever you make an installer like for example i want reusable tms but not the fairy type is that an option? if not its fine

Trainer 781

i am just curious would it be possible to choose which features are added whenever you make an installer like for example i want reusable tms but not the fairy type is that an option? if not its fine

It will depend on the demand. But the general thing is, for example, if you don't like fairy types, then let it install, but don't use it.

As for installation, since the base is being re-written in C, I don't need to make an installer. The hacker using the rewritten base will need to install devkitARM and Python to compile and/or assemble the source files into the ROM just like Touched's Mega Evolution for Fire Red.

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
I redownloaded your patch, and using it with the thumb files, I get this:
9088a43b89c2131f7a37febee9bfe3a0_1024.png

And please don't tell me "It's being rewritten." I wanna know what the solution to this current problem.

Trainer 781

I redownloaded your patch, and using it with the thumb files, I get this:

And please don't tell me "It's being rewritten." I wanna know what the solution to this current problem.

Well, it seems that you must have placed a garbage character before that statement. Please check that you didn't modify anything else except the values that you can customize before posting useless bugs that aren't even bugs.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 25, 2023
Would you be willing to (maybe a few weeks from now) release an ips. for Dynamic Emerald?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 25, 2023
you are probably right, but TBH I don't have much free time, so taking the time to compile the base and figure out how that works isn't an option for me right now ;(

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
It's not hard to compile the base! Honestly, it's easy. Just take your time. :P
That's funny since I did all the steps correctly and the compiler still doesn't work.

In fact, what really is annoying is that I found the problem as to why I was getting that glitch from before. It's annoying because it's probably the reason why the mega evolution function doesn't work in my game. In the defines.asm file, it reads:
@ Feel free to mod
.equ NumberEvoPerPokemon, 0x5 @ Number of evolution you have per pokemon
.equ SoundWeWantToPlay, 0x1 @ Sound we want to play when triggering the mega evolution.

Obviously, I want to change the 5 to an 8 because that's how many evolutions I have per mon. So, I do. It now reads:
@ Feel free to mod
.equ NumberEvoPerPokemon, 0x8 @ Number of evolution you have per pokemon
.equ SoundWeWantToPlay, 0x1 @ Sound we want to play when triggering the mega evolution.

Good. I go to compile the .bin file and...I get the error I got before. It's annoying because the file is telling me I can mod/change those values. I guess whoever read that doesn't know that 8 evos per mon is a thing. Nice job brah

Also, if you try and fix defines.asm little problem by changing the 8 back to a 5, you're shut out of luck, because the file is officially broken. In order to fix it, I hope you have a back-up of defines.asm, UNTOUCHED. Seriously, this is a big problem.

Last edited:

Starfall321

OnePunchStarfall
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 3, 2016
That's funny since I did all the steps correctly and the compiler still doesn't work.

In fact, what really is annoying is that I found the problem as to why I was getting that glitch from before. It's annoying because it's probably the reason why the mega evolution function doesn't work in my game. In the defines.asm file, it reads:
@ Feel free to mod
.equ NumberEvoPerPokemon, 0x5 @ Number of evolution you have per pokemon

Obviously, I want to change the 5 to an 8 because that's how many evolutions I have per mon. So, I do. It now reads:
@ Feel free to mod
.equ NumberEvoPerPokemon, 0x8 @ Number of evolution you have per pokemon

Good. I go to compile the .bin file and...I get the error I got before. It's annoying because the file is telling me I can mod/change those values. I guess whoever read that doesn't know that 8 evos per mon is a thing. Nice job brah

Also, if you try and fix defines.asm little problem by changing the 8 back to a 5, you're shut out of luck, because the file is officially broken. In order to fix it, I hope you have a back-up of defines.asm, UNTOUCHED. Seriously, this is a big problem.

Copy the code and paste into a new blank notepad, save as define.asm and replace it with the original copy. Now u can replace the evolution number, idk how the original copy will always create a garbage charater when I modify the code. It happens too when u try to modify hookandmisc.asm. Btw, the base seem fine to insert into a expanded pokemon/evolution/item afaik there is no major bug found if u do the thing in a right direction. The base is just simply too awesome and easy to compile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back