• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Forum Persona

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
  • Really the only thing different between online me and real world me is that real world me cares less about what people think and I'm an even bigger dick than I come off as at times on here. That and that I'm just barely less interesting on here than in real life because I have time to overthink everything I say instead of just blurting it out, which is funny at times but more often than not it gets me in trouble. :T

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Offline I wouldn't even consider myself a person as I'm really passive; I'm more of an empty shell, although I've become somewhat cynical as of lately. Online I consider myself more or less of a passive aggressive background schemer, whose plans always backfire. If the internet was a game, I'd probably consider myself more of an anti-hero.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I just feel like I come off as mean online when I am really the sweetest lil girl :,(

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • Growing up on the forums both my real life and forum personas have kinda blended in as one. I'm more like my forum persona now, but I still have a tad bit of shyness in me - it usually comes when meeting new people since I can get quite shy when I have to be the approacher. I stutter sometimes too when I get nervous.

In replace of words I sometimes just make weird sound effects and head tilts, I'm weird.

Years
  • I'd say that maybe on forums, I seem a little too serious at times? Never know when and where to show my humor side, but when you chat with me on Skype or any other form of IM is when you'd see the real me.

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    i feel like i have a habit of coming off as exceedingly lax or extremely serious and very rarely with any middle ground, probably because the two main areas that i post in are geared towards such a binary
    but i think that's about it when it comes to the differences between the forum me and The Real Me as i'm relatively the same
    the nature of the forum provides me an opportunity to think through something before i post it and thus my serious posts are refined to a level that i simply wouldn't be at irl, though i'd use about the same level of language

i think i could be a little bit more public with how nice a person i really am but i think that anyone that actually knows me is well aware of that and thus i don't really care

Years
  • I'd say my online persona would be relatively close to what I'd be like offline, although maybe slightly more on the reserved side if I've just met someone. But for the most part, I'm a rather open person with the appropriate filters in case I get the sense anyone would be uncomfortable with certain topics. I also am blunt and honest, which may come off as insensitive to people, but I put that disclaimer out there to every person as a warning.

Lucid

I'm pretty close to the same, just not as vulgar with people I don't know very well.

Years
  • I'm the same both on and offline.
    I just never leave the house unless its necessary, because I really hate physically being around people as they tend to drain my life energy.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • honestly I think I'm very similar online to the person I am offline. maybe I'm a tad more reserved offline but really even that shifts once you get to know me well enough. and MAYBE I'm more spontaneous offline, in a weird way, but really I think I kinda just have one all-encompassing persona. I much prefer it that way. I like to think that if anyone from here ever met me, they wouldn't be surprised about who I actually am.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I'm me, online and offline. I just tend to embarrass myself less online because I think about what I type. So real me is forum me, but with more things I shouldn't have said.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    IRL, I use facial expressions and subtle gestures to do a lot of the talking for me. Plus I don't tend to say anything unless it's necessary or I think it'll be funny. Online, I type everything that I'd normally either suggest or imply through my voice or expression. So I tend to ramble a lot, talk in developed sentences and not use a lot of my verbal idiolect

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I'm more outgoing on here. I struggle to find people with common interests in real life, so I mainly keep my thoughts to myself. However, strike me up on a conversation about writing, and I won't shut up. My coworker knows this and refuses to talk to me about The Purge now since I ripped into it so much, haha.

Back