• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Consoles

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    At the moment, what consoles do you own, and which of those do you still play with actively? What games do you tend to play on them, usually? Is there any game for these consoles that you are planning to purchase in recent future? How often do you find yourself cleaning your video game consoles?

Me--I've got PlayStation 2, Nintendo 64, Wii U, Xbox 360, and 3DS (used to have a set of DSi as well, but I've given it away for my sister when I'd gotten 3DS); former two are in my basement and no longer in use, but still play games on latter. I'm pretty satisfied with Wii U and Nintendo 3DS, and have some decent amount of games for them (some of which I've yet to finish, but will get around to them eventually, hopefully). As for 360, I'm planning to have it replaced with PlayStation 4 this Christmas.

Cleaning--I find myself doing it once every couple of weeks. I really like keeping them looking new and whatnot.

Yukari

I own two (defective) Playstation 2s, A Wii, 3Ds, DS Lite, GBA, Nintendo, Super Nintendo, and A nintendo 64 and play them all actively. Except the defective consoles. Obviously. And the NES since it is currently unplugged. I would be here for hours if I had to list all the games I played on them though. Lets leave it at a lot.

One console I was going to buy would be the Xbox 360. But my mom told me she was going to be buying one for us for Christmas, so... There's that.

I rarely, however, find myself cleaning my consoles. They usually work fine, and to me that's what matters.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Consoles:
    NES
    Nintendo 64
    Gamecube
    Wii
    Wii U
    PlayStation 2
    Xbox 360

Handhelds:
    GameBoy
    GameBoy Pocket
    GameBoy Color
    GameBoy Advance x2
    GameBoy Advance SP
    Nintendo DS
    Nintendo DS Lite
    3DS
    3DS XL (red XY)

I kind of have an SNES as well. It's actually my grandmother's, but I'm the only one that really plays it. I play my 3DS the most as I'm never really home, so handhelds are usually my gameplay method. I took my Gamecube over to my boyfriend's though so I was playing that a lot the past month. I've been playing my Wii U a lot lately during the time I'm home, mostly for Mario Kart 8 with Klippy. I've been using my SP a lot too for Sapphire and Final Fantasy IV Advance. I was playing a lot of PS2 during the spring semester and a good bit during the summer as well, so there's that.

It really just depends on what I feel like playing as to which I play the most, but my 3DS definitely sees the most usage. It goes everywhere with me and I love the 3DS library. It's probably going to remain my favorite handheld for a long time. That spot was previously held by the GBA.

As for cleaning, I don't do it as much as I did as a kid. I did it about once a week as a kid. I was really obsessive about it back then, as well as some other things. Though I'm not as crazy about it, I do make it thorough when I do it now. I had a massive cleaning session this summer, actually. I had the night off and spent about two hours cleaning off consoles, controllers, cords, and game boxes. Don't get me STARTED on those boxes! Disadvantage to buying used: stickers. JESUS LORD THE STICKERS. One hour was dedicated to those entirely. And the sad part? That was only boxed games. I completely forgot to go through my N64 cartridges. UGH. I should do that before the year is over if I can find the time, now that I think about it.

Vinny Vidi Vici

Leave Luck To Heaven
    Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    Okay, I'm glad someone here already has more than me so I won't have the feel like the World's biggest hoarder, but here are what I have:

Home Consoles:
    NES
    SNES
    N64
    PS2
    Wii
    and I'll likely get a Wii U sometime soon.

Portable consoles:
    Gameboy (technically my brothers, but I'll claim it just to add to the collection)
    Gameboy Pocket
    Gameboy Colour
    Gameboy Advance
    DS Lite
    3DS XL

Right now most of my gaming is done on the PC and 3DS. But I'll boot up virtually anything if I fancy playing something on it. Well with the exception of the GBA as it has no backlight and the games look better on the DS. With all those consoles it's pretty damn hard to keep my room looking respectable. Over the years I've sort learnt that it's best to only have one TV and only console out at a time. The last thing you want to do is have someone, particularly a girl, come over, see your room and there are two TVs, one just on the floor with like 5 game systems virtually stacked on top of each other, power boards in every corner of the room looking like they could set on fire at any minute, etc. etc.

So if I'm in the mood for platformers, I'll have the SNES out and everything else boxed away in the closet. If I want some 3D action adventure, I'll do the same but with the N64. RPGs? I'll pull out the PS2, and so on and so forth. I probably spend as much time setting up and packing away consoles as I do playing any one individually, but I guess that's my cross to bear. I think part of the reason I love portables so much is that I don't have to go through the rigamarole of setting anything up.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Consoles - PS3, PS4
    Handhelds - PSV, PSP

I actively play on everything but PSP due to having a huge backlog on the 3 gaming devices.

I do not plan to purchase anything else in the near future... I might eventually pick up 3DS for Persona Q but... not sure when.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Consoles:
    NES
    SNES
    N64
    Gamecube
    Wii
    Xbox
    Xbox 360
    PSX
    PS2
    Dreamcast
    Sega Genesis

Handhelds:
    Gameboy Color
    Gameboy Advance SP
    Nintendo DS
    PS Vita

I hardly ever clean any of my things but I play most of them (aside from the genesis and dreamcast because of lack of decent games) fairly often. I have cleaned my SNES before because it was technically my first gaming system and it holds a special place in my heart because it was a gift from my great-grandpa who died a few months after.

pkmin3033

Consoles:
    SNES
    Nintendo 64
    Gamecube
    Wii
    Wii U
    PS2
    PS3
    PS4

Handhelds:
    GameBoy Micro
    GameBoy Advance x2
    GameBoy Advance SP
    Nintendo DS Lite x2
    3DS
    3DS XL
    PSP
    PS Vita

Of all of those, I find myself playing my PS3, PS Vita and 3DS the most. I don't have many games for my PS4 and Wii U yet, and the rest of the consoles aren't connected to my TV, and it's a hassle getting them out unless I really feel like playing a certain game. I occasionally go back to my older handhelds - my Gameboy Micro is in my coat pocket; I like playing Sonic Advance on train/bus journeys.

I play mostly JRPGs...which would be why my PS3 gets the most use. As far as cleaning goes, I'm constantly brushing dust off my PS4, PS3 and Wii U...they get very dusty in my room somehow; it's not THAT dirty in there. Even though my Vita is unprotected, I don't find that I need to clean the screen very often, and the same goes for my other handhelds. I do miss the days of needing to blow into the console and the cartridge to get it to work sometimes, though. xD

Years
  • I've owned a 3DS since 2012, a GBA SP since this year, and a DS lite since this year. I did own a different DS lite from 2010 to this year, but it had many flaws, so I threw it out. I am planning on getting a 2DS sometime next year.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • Consoles:
    N64
    Gamecube
    Wii
    Wii U
    PS1
    PS2
    Xbox 360 (Well it's my Brothers)
    Planning:Maybe a Retron console, PS3, Maybe a PS4, and my brothers will get the Xbox One sometime.

Handhelds:
    Gameboy Pocket
    Gameboy Color
    Gameboy Advance
    DS Phat (Well it broke.)
    DS Lite
    DSi
    DSi XL
    3DS
    3DS XL
    Planning: New 3DS

I only play the Wii U/Wii Mode and 3DS activiley anymore, that probably won't change until the new Wii U console. Sorry Sony/Microsoft.

Years
  • Consoles:
    Wii (Barely touch since it rarely reads discs anymore)
    PS3 (Play it all the time)
    Xbox 360 (Ran out of space to play games, so I brought a PS3 instead)
    Dreamcast (It's not really mine, but I'm the only one that plays it, so it might as well be mine)

Handhelds:
    Gameboy Color (I don't play it)
    Gameboy Advance SP (Used to play it all the time, but I can't find it's charger)
    Nintendo DS Lite (It broke)
    Nintendo 3DS (Play this all the time)

Systems I used to own:
    SNES
    N64
    Gamecube
    PS2
    Xbox

Aeon.

Carrion
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 22, 2016
    Console
    NES*
    N64*
    Dreamcast*
    GC*
    PS2**
    Xbox**
    360*
    Wii*
    PS3*
    Wii U

Handheld
    GBC**
    GBA** (+SP*)
    DS (original and Lite)**
    PSP**
    3DS

*It's in storage somewhere
    **I used to own it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2017
    Console:
    NES
    SNES
    N64
    Sega Genesis
    Sega CD
    Sega32x
    Sega Saturn
    Dreamcast
    PS2 (x2)
    PS3
    PS4
    Gamecube (x2)
    Wii (x2)
    WiiU

Handhelds:
    Sega GameGear
    GameBoy Color (x2)
    Gameboy Advance (x2)
    GameBoy Advance SP (x3)
    DS
    DS Lite (x2)
    DSI XL
    3DS XL (Zelda Edition)
    3DS (Kingdom Hearts 3D Edition)
    PSP
    PSV
    Getting New 3DS LL

My first console was the Sega Genesis, the day I became a Sonic fan. Since I was pretty much hooked on Sonic, I bought every Sega console after. Shortly after I got the Genesis, I bought the NES. Most of my handhelds I bought for Pokemon and Mario game. I usually use my PSP or Vista for RPGS such as the Persona Series and Kingdom Hearts BBS, etc. I bought a Vita last year so I could especially get Tales Of Heats R. My Wii is homebrew modded so I can play lots of games on it. Usually uses it for family related gaming. And Xenoblade Chronicles and The Last Story. I got a PS3 because mass majority of RPG's were being released on it..and free internet. I also thought Kingdom Hearts 3 was going to be on PS3..but trolled by Square. I got a PS4 so I could get the new Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts. My Nintendo consoles are primarily used for Family gaming. Since it has games like Mario Party, Wii Sports, etc.

Since my Father was strict about me playing games, I usually had to buy everything myself. Which really wasn't a problem.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • Console:
    Xbox 360
    Wii (Family owned)
    Planning: Xbox One
    Planning: Wii U (Sometime after getting Xbox One)

Handheld:
    Game Boy Advance (does not work)
    PSP (been having problems)
    DS (original)
    3DS

I find myself mostly using my Xbox 360 and 3DS these days. Mainly being that most games I tend to buy now work on those systems.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • So far I only owned one console, which is PSone, I used to play much using it when I was a kid, and I still have it even though I don't use it anymore.

And speaking of handhelds, I have Gameboy Advance SP, Nintendo DS Lite and Nintendo 3DS XL.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • Console:
    Xbox 360
    Wii (Family owned)
    Planning: Xbox One
    Planning: Wii U (Sometime after getting Xbox One)

Handheld:
    Game Boy Advance (does not work)
    PSP (been having problems)
    DS (original)
    3DS

I find myself mostly using my Xbox 360 and 3DS these days. Mainly being that most games I tend to buy now work on those systems.

Honestly - and this just my opinion - I wouldn't get the Wii U if I were you if you're planning on getting an Xbox One first. I did the exact same thing you're planning on doing and I find myself very rarely playing my Wii U. Probably one of my worst investments to be blunt. If you can balance the two then awesome, but I find myself playing the Xbox One for everything - games and things like Netflix/YouTube - so if I were you I would invest the money towards the Xbox One.

TY

PS3
    PS2

Handhelds:
    DS
    Planning on getting a 3DS

And of course a shiny laptop which I use for gaming and gaming only 8)
    no im not a pc master race guy but the genre i play is most enjoyable on a PC ;P

IllusDark8

Consoles
    NES
    SNES
    N64
    Gamecube
    Wii
    Wii U
    PS2
    Xbox 360
    Sega Genesis
    Sega Dreamcast

Handhelds
    Gameboy Color
    Gameboy Advance SP
    Nintendo DS Lite
    Nintendo DSi
    Nintendo 3DS
    PSP 2000

I think that's it.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Consoles:
    Wii
    Playsation 1 (x2)
    PlayStation 2
    Playstation 3
    Playstation 4

Handhelds:
    GameBoy Color
    Nintendo DS Lite
    Nintendo 3DS XL (red XY)
    Playsation Portable (PSP)

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    Consoles:
    Nintendo SNES
    Nintendo 64
    PS3

Handhelds:
    3DS
    DS Lite
    GBA

Our family has a Wii so it's not exclusively mine v.v I also used to have a Gameboy Color but the poor thing was left on my parents car and we drove over it. I miss it, but my boyfriend has his so I just play on that.

I mostly use handhelds since the vast majority of my favorite games are for them (Ace Attorney, Pokemon, Zero Escape, Animal Crossing, Hotel Dusk, etc etc). I am starting to grow a nice little collection for the PS3, although the console that gets the most love from me is the N64.

Back