• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2014

Eeeew...it's Ebay, don't expect much.

I would lmao if it was just a box, and no game inside. I don't think we can get mad at the bidders, they are probably clueless. Poor guys.

OT: I LOVE MY JIRACHI!! Yay, Jirachi!!!

On topic: Maybe the harder version could be Shiny Silver?

I love the hack, like the many fans here. KEEP IT UP!!!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 19, 2007
Hey um how do you get the bike? I went to the bike shop but the guy just says

"My bikes are top rate you can ride them anywere"

Isnt he supposed to give you a free bike?

he does give you the bike it worked 4 me

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Pokemon_X: I do know about the problem with the policeman (because originally you weren't supposed to rebattle a policeman, so they didn't give him the sprite for when you use the VS-Seeker). For now, ignore it, I'm trying to decide if I'll still let him rebattle, or give him a sprite (if possible).

marz & furrypaws16: The harder version will be another version of Shiny Gold. I mean, the same game, but a bit more challenging. There wont be any other differences. And do not ask me to make Silver, since the idea is to have only one game.

Grim: Well, he should give you the bike if you do the event almost as soon as you get to Goldenrod, but there's the possibility that you may have done other events, and I may have used a flag that has been used somewhere else... I don't know how to help you... :(

Updated Status once again, since I finished the Rocket event in Goldenrod (I thought it would be longer... But I've done it quite fast... Jojo!). Now, I'm gonna make a tileset for the Tin Tower, so then I could start mapping, and finally add the event for the capture of the first legendary in the game!

OK, people, I hope you have a good end of year! Be happy! :D

D-Trogh

Dead
Years
zel, I just want to say: Keep on hacking ^^ and.. Happy New Year !! //To all

and for those who never have a happy year, make it the best ^^

Blackandy

Rock On!
Years
Happy new year everyone! Rock On! \m/ can't wait for B3 zel. Take your time to finish it(beta 3 I mean):)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2014
Happy New Year!

Allright, that's ok with me.

I'd laugh if one of the trainers battled you with a Missingno, and then after, he said, It's all because of this stupid pokemon! Who's this guy in the Hall of Fame?!"

Yeah, I've got a wacked sense of humor.

It will be able to battle with other SGs, right? See, I've got a Mac, so they haven't released VBA link for the Mac yet. >=O I'll get a Mac-PC soon though. Maybe if I downloaded to a Flash Cart, I could trade with other versions, to trade to them, not to trade to me. Don't worry, I won't sell it! I may show it off to my friends, though...:badsmile: lol

I have one last question...I think in Argentina, they speak Spanish, right? And the j is pronounced sort of like an English h, right? So when you say jeje, jaja, or jojo, do you mean hehe, haha, hoho? Just a simple question.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2009
You're done with the whole Rocket event? Woh, that's cool! I guess time does fly fast...you're nearly done with teh hack (well, Kanto shouldn't take too long, that's for sure, knowing how good you are at hacking). :D Well, hope everyone will havea good new year, and hope for all the best fro SG in 2007. Kudos! ;)

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
Sweet the TR event is OVA! Wait... tell me that's the last TR event in the game... By that time you have like 7 badges and you are really sick of TR... Ugh. Team Rocket sucks. It's great you got it over with, man. You said that you were gonna add events in the Kanto, good, cuz Kanto was pretty boring, they didn't have any room left in the room, I mean Mt. Moon was 1 floor and you walked a distance of like 1 metre! Since you don't have a cartridge to limit you, and you're doing it on an IPS patch, you should really make Kanto more challenging then it was in the original ROM. That would be great.
Say, have you thought of a way for the player to catch Celebi?

Well, happy new years everyone!

Blastoise

Der Lufthausen
Years
Oh, and Zel; I know very little about how the GBA soundtracks work, but Ruby/Sapphire has some remixed Gold/Silver tracks (unused in the actual game) that you may be able to use, if you can import songs from other games somehow. On the OST I have, there's:

-Rival's Theme Song
-One of the route themes...it's a march; I believe it was used for the route with the MooMoo Ranch on it
-Kanto City Theme (piano arrangement)
-Encounter a Legendary Beast (Raikou, Suicune, Entei fight)

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
Oh, and Zel; I know very little about how the GBA soundtracks work, but Ruby/Sapphire has some remixed Gold/Silver tracks (unused in the actual game) that you may be able to use, if you can import songs from other games somehow. On the OST I have, there's:

-Rival's Theme Song
-One of the route themes...it's a march; I believe it was used for the route with the MooMoo Ranch on it
-Kanto City Theme (piano arrangement)
-Encounter a Legendary Beast (Raikou, Suicune, Entei fight)

But also FR/LG, which is what he's hacking, has some remixed Azalea (sp?) and Olivine city songs, as well as a remixed route song, which in my opinion is great, I love the remix XD. How would he get it from RSE to FRLG?

Random

-
Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2008
Yeah when zel gets to Kanto all he has to do is...
-add a giant snorlax large enough to block Digletts cave and Route 11
-Change the inside of the power plant, since people do work there now
-Have Misty's Date appear along route 25, and have her come back to the gym
-Block the Cerulean Cave
-Battle the TR member along the bridge to find a machine part in the cerulean gym to the power plant
-Block Safari Zone(Though i wish you wouldn't...zel)
-Get rid of the viridian forest, since it became a maze of trees
-Change the Fuchsia city Leader to Janine, or whatever they called her in Firered
-Change Cinnabar Island, while having Blue(R/B/Y rival) appear on it
-Change Viridian City Gym Leader to Blue
-Put Blaine's gym on Seaform Island since because of the volcanic eruption on Cinnaber
-Because of that eruption have Route 19 blocked into you beat Blaine
-Add the soul house in lavendar town
-Add Mt. Silver to fight Red obviously
-Most importantly change the gym leaders pokemon and level
-(optional) put the trainer house in Viridian where you did mystery gift stuff but instead have it as a trainer tower like on sevii Island 7... though you could leave Viridian alone
-probably still more to come like changing what people say, tilesets, etc.

So i think thats all the big major changes? Now i know you like to script the hack while you play... so maybe i wanted to show when people say, all zel has to do is take Kanto and there you have it.

Happy New Years Everybody!:D

flipboi

The Primetime of my Life
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 11, 2010
man, i wish my idea woulda worked out.

hey zel, if you can, could you do my idea?

remember i said like in a town wherever in johto, you'll see the hero from R/S/E, saying he's going to move

you don;t have to do it if you can't but, if you could, could you do it?

it would be cool to see a little cameo

Blastoise

Der Lufthausen
Years
But also FR/LG, which is what he's hacking, has some remixed Azalea (sp?) and Olivine city songs, as well as a remixed route song, which in my opinion is great, I love the remix XD. How would he get it from RSE to FRLG?

I'm not saying to not use those songs; but these are songs that aren't included on the FR/LG OST, and it'd be cool if he could somehow do it.

I have NO idea how he would do it. I'm not a GBA hacker; I'm pretty sure it's impossible. But I figured I might as well bring it up, in the one-in-a-million chance that it could be useful.

That's just the kind of person I am.

..:i n n e r_宇 宙:..

This is called 'YOU SUCK'
Years

Ah-ah-ah~

There is a tool called Sappy, where you can extract files from other games (ie: Pokemon Ruby) and then put them in Pokemon FireRed. Useful, ne?

Anyways, wonder what else you could put in Pokemon ShinyGold? Maybe zel should make a feature list, and people can vote on what feature they like the best, and then he can incorporate it into the hack. At least, after the first poll is up and done. That poll is so old now XD

Sorry, I'm not very good with ideas today. Hehehe~

martijn

HeartGold & Collosseum
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 28, 2016
I'm amazed that you've got the TR event done, zel!
And since his sprite is all ready in the game, the idea of the R/S/E hero would be cool to add, indeed. Only a pity that changing the starter PokeBalls to Premier Balls isn't possible :( but you can't have everything ;)

Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2014
Yeah when zel gets to Kanto all he has to do is...
-add a giant snorlax large enough to block Digletts cave and Route 11
-Change the inside of the power plant, since people do work there now
-Have Misty's Date appear along route 25, and have her come back to the gym
-Block the Cerulean Cave
-Battle the TR member along the bridge to find a machine part in the cerulean gym to the power plant
-Block Safari Zone(Though i wish you wouldn't...zel)
-Get rid of the viridian forest, since it became a maze of trees
-Change the Fuchsia city Leader to Janine, or whatever they called her in Firered
-Change Cinnabar Island, while having Blue(R/B/Y rival) appear on it
-Change Viridian City Gym Leader to Blue
-Put Blaine's gym on Seaform Island since because of the volcanic eruption on Cinnaber
-Because of that eruption have Route 19 blocked into you beat Blaine
-Add the soul house in lavendar town
-Add Mt. Silver to fight Red obviously
-Most importantly change the gym leaders pokemon and level
-(optional) put the trainer house in Viridian where you did mystery gift stuff but instead have it as a trainer tower like on sevii Island 7... though you could leave Viridian alone
-probably still more to come like changing what people say, tilesets, etc.

So i think thats all the big major changes? Now i know you like to script the hack while you play... so maybe i wanted to show when people say, all zel has to do is take Kanto and there you have it.

Happy New Years Everybody!

That looks like a lot to me, and I'm not even doing anything!! Ah well...Zel will get through it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back