• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssj

Kanto Legend
Years
  • Can someone tell me how I can make events happen by using flags and how I can make new offsets.(Fire Red)

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2006
    Blank Level?

I was using AdvanceMap to Map Edit Fire Red version of Pokemon.
    I discovered that there is 1 "trash" level. I believe it's Sevii Isle 22, 23, and 24. Personally, I think that Sevii Isle 23 is an NPC dump level. If anyone can enlighten me on what these 3 levels are for and why aren't they categorized?

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2006
    Text edition Problem

Hello everybody.

I actually hack Pokemon Blue Version into Purple Version.
    I found "RED MEGA DOCUMENTATION" in "Documents/Tutorials".
    It precise for edit Rom Text, I have to search the text what I want to edit in Transhelxion (Hex Program).

The main problem that each string search return no results o_O.
    There are no text directly written in hex code.

I ask how I can do for editing text of Blue pokemon version ROM.

- Previous thing is not a glitch :P -

Years
  • i added a new house in pallet town but the outside of the room has part of the room repeating in it and i also added a new person in the house but when i try and talk to her she doesnt do anything. I have added text for her using advance text. I am using LeafGreen.

Coco CrisP

Beginning hacker, suck at hex.
    Years
  • Help!!!!

Im in major problem here! Itz probably simple to all u intermediate and advanced hackers but im beginner. Okay my question to you all is how do you insert your own trainer sprite into Pokemon Ruby. I'm trying to replace Brendan with another trainer, so, it would really help me if someone explained step by step how to do this.

Thnx in advance to who ever answerz this.

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2011
    master_of_all_pokemon said:
    i added a new house in pallet town but the outside of the room has part of the room repeating in it and i also added a new person in the house but when i try and talk to her she doesnt do anything. I have added text for her using advance text. I am using LeafGreen.
    Check to see if the script offset for the speech and the person saying it are the same is all I can think of.

Coco CrisP said:
    Im in major problem here! Itz probably simple to all u intermediate and advanced hackers but im beginner. Okay my question to you all is how do you insert your own trainer sprite into Pokemon Ruby. I'm trying to replace Brendan with another trainer, so, it would really help me if someone explained step by step how to do this.

1. Download Elite Map w/UNLZ.GBA
    2. Use UNLZ to find the Brendan Sprite
    3. Export and edit it to how you like.
    4. Import it back in and replace the old one

I wish I could help but I have a few problems myself with scripting:

1. When I insert a script with ScriptED, the person doesn't say anything.
    2. When inserting a trainer battle, the trainer script automatically changes to some thing that isn't a trainer battle.

I have my own question to:

How do you add new trainers/pokemon w/o removing old ones? (The tutorial was removed)

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2006
    How I Can...

Hello there :D !

First, nobody have to answer my previous question beacause i resolved it myself (Poke.tbl) :P

Now I have others question ^^

1. How I can change the starter pokemon in Red/Blue version without use "Starting Pokémon Changer" ? (It stuff not really work, there are bugs, Gary select the same starter of Ash o_O).

2. How I can modify the start screen and the pokemon who appear the first ?

3. It possible to add pokemons in Red/Blue like in RF/LG ? If yes, how ^^' ?

See Ya !

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2011
    X-Glitch said:
    Hello there :D !

First, nobody have to answer my previous question beacause i resolved it myself (Poke.tbl) :P

Now I have others question ^^

1. How I can change the starter pokemon in Red/Blue version without use "Starting Pokémon Changer" ? (It stuff not really work, there are bugs, Gary select the same starter of Ash o_O).

2. How I can modify the start screen and the pokemon who appear the first ?

3. It possible to add pokemons in Red/Blue like in RF/LG ? If yes, how ^^' ?

See Ya !

I can only anwser the 1st one and the only anwser is to use a hex-editor but I don't know the offsets...

w_rink_ly

Novice Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2024
    Help with script

Hi, I am having a bit of trouble with a script. The part of the game in Ruby when you talk to Steven just outside of Fortree Town and you fight the Keckleon, I need to change the script so that you fight a Bayleaf but i dont know how. I've been sucessful in changing its cry but that's it. Here is the script:

Code:
     '-----------------------
    #org 0x151853
    lock
    faceplayer
    checkflag 0x122
    if 0x1 jump 0x151884
    msgbox 0x8171827 '"STEVEN: Hm? \v\h01\v..."
    callstd 0x5
    compare LASTRESULT 0x0
    if 0x1 jump 0x151877
    goto 0x815189D 
    end

'-----------------------
    #org 0x151884
    msgbox 0x817196F '"STEVEN: \v\h01\v\h05..."
    callstd 0x5
    compare LASTRESULT 0x0
    if 0x1 jump 0x151877
    goto 0x815189D 
    end

'-----------------------
    #org 0x151877
    msgbox 0x817193D '"STEVEN: No?\pI'll wa..."
    callstd 0x4
    setflag 0x122
    release
    end

'-----------------------
    #org 0x15189D
    msgbox 0x81719A0 '"STEVEN: \v\h01\v\h05..."
    callstd 0x4
    #raw 0x68
    compare 0x800C 0x2
    if 0x1 call 0x15197F
    compare 0x800C 0x3
    if 0x1 call 0x15198A
    applymovement 0x31 0x81A083F
    pause 0x0
    pause 0x14
    msgbox 0x81719D4 '"STEVEN used the DEVO..."
    callstd 0x4
    #raw 0x68
    applymovement 0x30 0x81A0843
    pause 0x0
    applymovement 0x30 0x81A0662
    pause 0x0
    cry 0xA1 0x99
    end

'-----------------------
    #org 0x151877
    msgbox 0x817193D '"STEVEN: No?\pI'll wa..."
    callstd 0x4
    setflag 0x122
    release
    end

'-----------------------
    #org 0x15197F
    applymovement APPLYMOVE_PLAYER 0x81A083F
    pause 0x0
    return

'-----------------------
    #org 0x15198A
    applymovement APPLYMOVE_PLAYER 0x8151995
    pause 0x0
    return

'---------
    ' Strings
    '---------
    #org 0x171827
    = STEVEN: Hm? \v\h01\v\h05, hi.\nIt's been a while.\pThere's something here that you can't\nsee, right?\pNow, if I were to use this device on\nthe invisible obstacle...\pNo, no. Rather than describing it,\nI should just show you.\lThat would be more fun.\p\v\h01\v\h05, are your POKéMON ready for\nbattle?
    #org 0x17196F
    = STEVEN: \v\h01\v\h05, are your POKéMON\nready for battle?
    #org 0x17193D
    = STEVEN: No?\pI'll wait here, so you can get ready.
    #org 0x1719A0
    = STEVEN: \v\h01\v\h05, show me your true\npower as a TRAINER!
    #org 0x1719D4
    = STEVEN used the DEVON SCOPE.\pAn invisible POKéMON became completely\nvisible!\pThe startled POKéMON attacked!
    #org 0x17193D
    = STEVEN: No?\pI'll wait here, so you can get ready.

'-----------
    ' Movements
    '-----------
    #raw 27 'StLeft4
    #raw FE 'Exit

#raw 28 'StRight4
    #raw FE 'Exit

#raw 55 'Show
    #raw 12 'Delay2
    #raw 54 'Hide
    #raw 12 'Delay2
    #raw 55 'Show
    #raw 12 'Delay2
    #raw 54 'Hide
    #raw 12 'Delay2
    #raw 55 'Show
    #raw 13 'Delay3
    #raw 54 'Hide
    #raw 13 'Delay3
    #raw 55 'Show
    #raw 13 'Delay3
    #raw 54 'Hide
    #raw 13 'Delay3
    #raw 55 'Show
    #raw 14 'Delay4
    #raw 54 'Hide
    #raw 14 'Delay4
    #raw 55 'Show
    #raw FE 'Exit

#raw 27 'StLeft4
    #raw FE 'Exit

#raw 8 'Down2
    #raw A 'Left2
    #raw FE 'Exit

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2006
    Excuse me everybody,

Can I get some help with scripts? I believe it could be hard but I'm willing to learn. ;)

All I want to know is how can you change people's movements? I.E. Professor Oak rescueing you from the grass? If too long to explain is there a tutorial. I've been searching for this for quite a while.

Sorry to bug you ;)

BluePhoenix

http://www.pokefusion.com
    Years
  • Problem adding sprites.

Hey guys,
    Scyther has told me to post this here. He has been making a hack and he found a glitch.
    Picture:
    glitch.png

Can you tell me why the sprite became messed up?

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
    Years
  • Hey guys,
    Scyther has told me to post this here. He has been making a hack and he found a glitch.
    Picture:
    glitch.png

Can you tell me why the sprite became messed up?
    It's an error in the program, use UNLZ or make the sprite smallerif you mut use that program. (I presume it's RS ball). Hope I helped

Scyther

Te odeo interfice te cochleare
    Years
  • JO3 said:
    It's an error in the program, use UNLZ or make the sprite smallerif you mut use that program. (I presume it's RS ball). Hope I helped
    the sprite perfectly fits its predecessor "blazikin" and im using ubLZ-gba

Liquinn

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2007
    I have a problem... I'm trying to change a sprite in the introduction of a gold hack.

I want the "Hiro" sprite to be changed into the "Team rocket" sprite below.

Muduko5.gif

Thanks for helping me... =P If you help me do this, you might get your name in the credits. :)

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
    Years
  • the sprite perfectly fits its predecessor "blazikin" and im using ubLZ-gba
    Ok, erm try re-insertng it at a different location (different offset)
    e.g
    17bt.png

If that fails back up your ROM and click automatically fix pointers. Hope I helped, at least this time...

Edit: I also think your ROM may be corrupt, if it fails try inserting it into a back up file

Scyther

Te odeo interfice te cochleare
    Years
  • i tried that, it dosent work, the first thing you said, just changed the colour of the old sprite in there. the second on about changing the hex value, didnt work the it either says no recognised or the image screen goes black.
    my rom isnt corrupt i dont think because ive added 17 new pokemon so far (34 images)

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    liquinn said:
    I have a problem... I'm trying to change a sprite in the introduction of a gold hack.

I want the "Hiro" sprite to be changed into the "Team rocket" sprite below.

Muduko5.gif

Thanks for helping me... =P If you help me do this, you might get your name in the credits. :)

Use Agixp 4.11, I have a copy so I could do it if you need someone to do it email it

-ROM sharing is not allowed here, neither the request to have it mailed to you-

Last edited by a moderator:

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
    Years
  • Scyther said:
    i tried that, it dosent work, the first thing you said, just changed the colour of the old sprite in there. the second on about changing the hex value, didnt work the it either says no recognised or the image screen goes black.
    my rom isnt corrupt i dont think because ive added 17 new pokemon so far (34 images)
    Sorry as I wasn't able 2 help. try inserting just the background colour and then insert the pokemon. Other than that I can't think of anything other than re-pointing (no idea how to do this in hex) So use a different pokemon for that 1 and reinsert a few squares and call it Missingno.;)

Also when I said corrupt i meant just that pokmon, it's happend 2 me 2.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    I'd just like to ask a few questions concerning Pokemon Ruby ...

1. Can someone please inform me of how to start a wild pokemon battle the way it is started for (most) legendaries.

OK I know that this question (or a similar one) has been answered before, but I'm finding it difficult to find the answer, so can someone please either repost the answer or give me directions to it. Thanks.

2. On some of the routes in Advance Map I get an error message saying:
    Example:
    Invalid Map-Footer Pointer...
    Can someone please tell what's going on. I have added a new map and repointed more than enough times, so maybe that has something to do with it.

3. When I go to Wild Pokemon View in Advance Map, it says "Sorry, no wild pokemon were found on this map", and it gives me the option to create new pokemon. And I know that this is inccorrect cause the maps are routes.

NOTE: If possible, can the answers relate to Advance Map? If you wanna explain it in script though, go ahead, but can you put it in layman's terms. Thanks.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back