• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Mirage Of Tales

Indigo

The Novelist from Panju
Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2019
    Just tried the hack out, it was freaking amazing!! I believe if you keep up the good work, this could have great potential. Possibly even be the Hack of The Year One Day!

Xanathos

JOHTO FAMILY MEMBER FOREVER
    Years
  • It's the Hack of the year =) great making and ideas. =)

one reason Avara to unlock Pidgeot in your game
    pidgeot_by_viba_chan-d51fgmx.jpg

so cute ;-;

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Just tried the hack out, it was freaking amazing!! I believe if you keep up the good work, this could have great potential. Possibly even be the Hack of The Year One Day!

Thank you! I highly doubt we'll get HOTY since the game lacks a lot of advanced stuff like ASM and 4thgen+ moves/abilities etc, but I don't care so long as people enjoy it =)

I was holding my breath when I read this part, then I let it out when I read this.

Haha, I'm not sure if I could be of any help, but the one thing I have is time. Maybe we will both get lucky and some mapping genius will show up in the next few minutes and reply, but if not send me a PM and let me know exactly what you need me to do.

Here's hoping I don't mess things up >.<'

No worries, I'm not expecting you to do anything! Like I said, your support is help enough =)

It's the Hack of the year =) great making and ideas. =)

one reason Avara to unlock Pidgeot in your game
    pidgeot_by_viba_chan-d51fgmx.jpg

That is so cute!!! =D

Today I've been working on mapping the Great Maze, which is basically this game's equivalent to Victory Road, then I'll get onto scripting the events for there, then comes work on the Tournament which I'm super excited about!

Xanathos

JOHTO FAMILY MEMBER FOREVER
    Years
  • Today I've been working on mapping the Great Maze, which is basically this game's equivalent to Victory Road, then I'll get onto scripting the events for there, then comes work on the Tournament which I'm super excited about!

Yeah! that sounds good =)

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    So I'm removing the Day-Care guy in Grey Lord Estate because the script is freezing, but I have no idea what to replace him with. If anyone has any suggestions feel free to leave a comment! I'd rather put something useful there rather than just a house with an NPC and random text. =P

Chimchar

THE Chimchar Tamer
    Years
  • So I'm removing the Day-Care guy in Grey Lord Estate because the script is freezing, but I have no idea what to replace him with. If anyone has any suggestions feel free to leave a comment! I'd rather put something useful there rather than just a house with an NPC and random text. =P

Have him offer an egg? Or an item like a lucky egg. I was just thinking something related to the daycare or gaining exp.

Bliss

Part-time Pegasister, Part-time PokéFreak
    Years
  • So I'm removing the Day-Care guy in Grey Lord Estate because the script is freezing, but I have no idea what to replace him with. If anyone has any suggestions feel free to leave a comment! I'd rather put something useful there rather than just a house with an NPC and random text. =P
    It might be a bit much, but maybe add a house with 3 NPCs, each one is a member of the family and has a unique side quest for you to complete.

The first asks you to deliver a message (I leave the details to you)
    The second asks you to capture a certain Pokemon and bring it back to show him/her
    The third asks that you complete both of his/her brothers'/sisters' side quests before speaking to him/her and then challenges you to a battle.

For completing the first family member's side quest (message delivery) you obtain 1 Lucky Egg.

For completing the second family member's side quest you get 1 Exp. Share.

For defeating the third family member in a Pokemon Battle you acquire 1 Leftovers.

Very complex, but just thought I'd make my suggestion.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    Can I be a Researcher and Seeker? Great hack btw, I'm already in love with it.

Years
  • Is there any place to buy stat boosting items? I want to boost my azradon's attack before it evolves but can't find protein anywhere.

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Is there any place to buy stat boosting items? I want to boost my azradon's attack before it evolves but can't find protein anywhere.

Yes, in V2 it's in Finagold Terrace, but unfortunately due to bugs you'll only get there if one of your Careers is Seeker. Although I did place lots of defense-boosting items in Iron Hollow I think and I think some protein may be in Tanzite Tunnel.

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2016
    I hate to inform you Avaramoon that I've noticed a glitch in the tri-poke challenge in which you can infinitely challenge it to gain infinite rare candies. Unless you already knew about this then maybe this should be fixed in v3?

DoYouKnowHowToPokemon

noob rom hacker/beta tester
    Years
  • Yes, in V2 it's in Finagold Terrace, but unfortunately due to bugs you'll only get there if one of your Careers is Seeker. Although I did place lots of defense-boosting items in Iron Hollow I think and I think some protein may be in Tanzite Tunnel.

Hey avara I tried to pm you my report for the patch you sent me to beta test, but apparently your inbox is full.

I hate to inform you Avaramoon that I've noticed a glitch in the tri-poke challenge in which you can infinitely challenge it to gain infinite rare candies. Unless you already knew about this then maybe this should be fixed in v3?

Getting 5 rare candies every time you complete it, although helpful, is a bit overpowered. Maybe changing it to sitrus berries/oran berries would be better?

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2016
    The MediaFire download didnt work for me. Also the download was 1.2 mbs I think and im wondering why it was so abnormally small. I'm using visual boy advance. Haaalp

DoYouKnowHowToPokemon

noob rom hacker/beta tester
    Years
  • The MediaFire download didnt work for me. Also the download was 1.2 mbs I think and im wondering why it was so abnormally small. I'm using visual boy advance. Haaalp

The file you downloaded is an IPS patch. In order to play you will need a clean fire red 1.0 rom and lunarIPS.
    Open lunarIPS and select apply IPS Patch, select the mirage of tales patch, than select your fire red rom. Once patched, rename the patched rom pokemon mirage of tales. Open it in vba and you're set.

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2018
    I have a Tranquill of lvl 21 now. What is the level to be needed for the Fly License?

Chimchar

THE Chimchar Tamer
    Years
  • I have a Tranquill of lvl 21 now. What is the level to be needed for the Fly License?

The level effects nothing. What matters is the actual pokemon. For a fly license you'll need to evolve your tranquil to unfezant. If you want to know which pokemon qualify for each license there is a list under the faq I think.

Back