• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2009
    That sounds like its a connection problem. You seem to be connecting the map to itself. Just go to the connecting manager and delete all the connections, since its indoor it shouldn't need any connections.

i already tried that, thanks for the answer anyway.

any other ideas?

Dratii

Working on something new...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2023
    Thanks, now it works (though now I see my scripting sucks :D). Care to tell what exactly this 0003 at the Unknown field generally indicates? :D

*goes fixin' the movement errors :D*

E: I'd like the script to be executed right when I enter the map, not just after taking a step. I realize this happens by making it a map script. I made a map script, put it to be of type 02 (peeking the original game stuff again :D) and entered in flag 4050, value 0000 and the script offset. The script is executed normally, but after it's done this junk message box appears out of nowhere keeps repeating itself!

Here is a screenshot:

That happened to me. It is A-map, it sometimes screws up a byte.

Use this tutorial to help:
    http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=141650
    Go to the extra part and it will have a bit on Level-scripts.
    It was made by Cooley.

Hope it helped.

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    Although 0000 and 5240 work as well.
    If you're referring to the var number, then you can use pretty much any variable as long as you've got the var value set to the right number.

i already tried that, thanks for the answer anyway.

any other ideas?
    Try posting a screenshot, I was confused by your phrasing before. A screenshot should help clarify things.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2009
    sorry about not hiding the image, i dont think i used the spoiler tags correctly.

the top-left image is the left wall of my map, the top-right is the right wall. as you can see my map loops through the wall. (i cant walk through the wall, even with movement permissions set to C)

the bottom image is my map as i made it in advance map. i put black blocks on either side to try to make a wall that would show ingame, instead of the loop, it didnt work.

Last edited:

Melash

Back for now.
    Years
  • Okay, here are my questions, some of them asked before:
    1. Is there a Silver backsprite anywhere?
    2. Is there an alternative Silver picture, with his hands in his pockets?
    3. What is the Dude's backsprite offset in AGPIX? (Gold Version)
    4. GBC ASM hacking. Where do I even get started?

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024

Death-The-Kid

The one and only Shinigami
    Years
  • Does anyone know how to find the surfing overworld sprite in pokemon ruby i'm dying to edit it.

Thanks.

GoldFlareon

Biotic Flareon
    Years
  • Alright...This really sucks.

With A LOT of help, I managed to get my sprite onto Sapphire version. But whenever I run into it, I also run into a "???" Pokemon with no name or sprite, and it is level one. This happens to every ROM I try to use. I inserted my sprite into a fresh Sapphire ROM, and the ??? still popped up (as well as the inserted Fakemon), and I also tried it with a fresh Ruby ROM. But the ??? still keeps popping up, no matter what ROM I have!

Could it be because:
    a) When I overwrite Paras, I un-tick the "Auto Abort" thingy. (I do this because otherwise it won't let me insert it.
    b) My sprite is cursed.
    c) All my ROMs are cursed.
    d) I am cursed!!

@Death-The-Kid: Do you mean the actual blue sprite the hero rides on, or the sprite of the hero riding on it?

EDIT: Never mind. Haha, it was a bug because I was making the Pokemon appear in Oldale. xD

Last edited:

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    Does anyone know how to find the surfing overworld sprite in pokemon ruby i'm dying to edit it.

Thanks.
    In FireRed those OWs can only be edited using a program such as TLP/Tile Molestor. It might be the same for Ruby. OWs start at 3718D4.

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
  • Originally Posted by Death-The-Kid
    Does anyone know how to find the surfing overworld sprite in pokemon ruby i'm dying to edit it.

Thanks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You can edit it with 3 things
    1.tile molester, it is the best yet the most complex way.
    2.overworldeditor rs, the simplest way.
    3.spread by the helmated rodent, a knock off version of overworldeditor rs.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    EDIT: Never mind. Haha, it was a bug because I was making the Pokemon appear in Oldale. xD

even so, the safest way to insert new PKMN sprites is to look/search for clean offsets in the ROM...
    there's a tutorial in the Documents and Tutorials section on how to do so...

@ Death-The-Kid...

use Overworld Editor and search for it. It is there, close to the hero's OW sprites...

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2008
    Here's my conundrum:

I'm trying to replace one of the main character sprites in Sapphire with an edited image. The one I want to put there is too big, so when I upload it, the colors change and it deletes the sprite after it.

I finally figured out I could put my picture over a similarly-sized picture and then use the trainer editor to make the rival look like the person I wanted. However, it doesn't work for when I'm trying to put the picture on the trainer card.

I've looked into using offsets, and I've followed the directions there to a T. They said it should "repoint the sprite" so that when it pulls up the sprite, it will be the one I imported (with UnLZ)

So, I was wondering if there's a simpler way to do this. The only alternative I can think of is to use a scripter to change which image is pulled up for the main character.

I'm fairly new at this, and I'm really not much more than a dabbler, but this is a frustrating issue. Any of you experienced ones willing to give me advice? (or point me in the direction of where this has already been answered? I've already looked, and all I've found was the same advice that didn't work before)

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2009
    not trying to spam, but does anyone know what to do about my map loop? (refer to my previous post)

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    not trying to spam, but does anyone know what to do about my map loop? (refer to my previous post)

Try adding some black spaces around the place to make it gone. That's my idea, I don't understand what made this. Maybe a mapping error, I dunno.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2009
    Try adding some black spaces around the place to make it gone. That's my idea, I don't understand what made this. Maybe a mapping error, I dunno.

id rather not do that because i cant add space to the left side, meaning id have to remake the map completely, just with more blank space. if nothing else works i suppose i might have to do that

any other ideas?

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
  • Originally Posted by djjomon
    id rather not do that because i cant add space to the left side, meaning id have to remake the map completely, just with more blank space. if nothing else works i suppose i might have to do that

any other ideas?

you can use glossery block to move the map 40 locks at a time. It will even move the movment permisions!!!! hit control. then (while holding) hit right click and hold them both. then drag mouse over blocks you want to copy.

Grinner

Smiley Face
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Aug 27, 2009
    Hello all!

I was wondering if anyone knew how to change the location of sethealingplace (0x9F) I know that 0xE on ruby sends you to the door outside of the pokecenter in oldale however I wonderd if anyone knew how to, for example change the location to the middle of town.

Any help would be most apreciated

Ps dose anyone know what the status ailment byte dose for pokemon ruby? i know its a dword but whatever i do to it all that happens is the pokemon eather goes to sleep or has no ailment, its starting to become frustrating (the ofset for pokemon 1 is 0x30043B2)

Thanks for your time

Years
  • Hello all!
    Ps dose anyone know what the status ailment byte dose for pokemon ruby? i know its a dword but whatever i do to it all that happens is the pokemon eather goes to sleep or has no ailment, its starting to become frustrating (the ofset for pokemon 1 is 0x30043B2)

Thanks for your time
    This was just some data I was playing with a little while ago. Of course those two are in Decimal and Binary.

00000000 - Normal -0
    00000001 - Sleep -1
    00000010 - Sleep -2
    00000100 - Sleep -4
    00001000 - Burned -8
    00010000 - Frozen -10
    00100000 - Paralysis -20
    01000000 - Poison -40

There's another Poison one aswell. I just haven't gotten it written down.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back