• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

negative

Life returns. Life prevails.
Years
Hi! I have a problem...
I have 2 maps the one is: __ ___
|%%%%% |
| %%%%%|
X %%%%%|
| %%%%%|
| %%%%%|
<< ________| This is a route. you come from up to down and then you come to a little town which is a half smaller than the route...but when I connect the maps...the town is higher that I planned the connection. It's high as the X on the map I made now...Please help!
The | is the outline
The % is the route inline
Please someone! answer this question...

...and when/ if someone answers my 1. question...I have another one:
what is the tile behavior of a tile that doesn't have a pokemon grass animation, but still has wild ?pokemon-such a tile is a tile in a cave.

Last edited:

Cy-Chan

GSC Hacker
Years
Please someone! answer this question...

...and when/ if someone answers my 1. question...I have another one:
what is the tile behavior of a tile that doesn't have a pokemon grass animation, but still has wild ?pokemon-such a tile is a tile in a cave.

Just mess with the adjustment numbers until your map matches up. You're probably just missing something. Caves are made up of C tiles, I believe it's dependant on the tileset you use. Hope this helped somewhat.

I've got a question now. In my hack, I've added new attacks (completely new). However, I don't know how to give them animations, so they crash whenever I use them (with animations enabled). And since the animation pointers are such a mess, I have no idea what I'm doing.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I don't care if it means having no animations, as long as it doesn't crash.

Years
  • Seen May 21, 2022
How do you change the sprites/overworlds for the player to another? Like for example changing May to Prof. Oak ?

Years
Could I edit missngno to be like a real pokemon?
I would like it to have HP and the move splash, but disappear when you catch a pokemon.

Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2008
I'm a newbie, if you couldn't tell, so please go easy on me. >.<

Anyway, I've been trying for a while to figure out how to change the palette colors of the battle sprites in Diamond.
I've figured out how to rip them out as .bmps using Pokemon DS/Pic, and putting them back in the .narc like that, but .....
Well, the colors revert back to a point where some of the ones I changed are kept, some go back to normal, and some just plain pick a new color.

I'm guessing this has to do with the limitations of the palette selection for each sprite.

Help a newb out and explain how I should go about this?

(I'm using the English Diamond rom, btw.)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2008
Alright, after I find that byte....what do I do?

I'm completely new to hex editing...well, at least, in the manual doing of such. -.-;

I'm guessing I'd use that same program to generate a new Palette?

Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2008
Guh, I can't get Translhextion to work. -.-
Any other editors that would work?
Also, could you give me a link to that particular Palette Editor? When I google it....Well, it seems like everyone and their great-grandmothers have made one.

Also, um.....
In what .narc would I find the sprites for the throwing animation? I've edited the trainer's backsprite, but I can't seem to find that part.

Last edited:

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
Guh, I can't get Translhextion to work. -.-
Any other editors that would work?
Also, could you give me a link to that particular Palette Editor? When I google it....Well, it seems like everyone and their great-grandmothers have made one.

Also, um.....
In what .narc would I find the sprites for the throwing animation? I've edited the trainer's backsprite, but I can't seem to find that part.

The newest version is in Hack Mew's Tool Factory.

CLICK ME!

Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2008
The newest version is in Hack Mew's Tool Factory.

Thank you. ^_^

Though, I still can't get a hex editor to open the rom (They either freeze when opening, or freeze when searching) and even if I had gotten that far, I don't know what to DO with what I find to change the palette.
Ah well.

Still, can anyone point me towards the right .narc file for the trainer's throwing animation sprites?
I need to edit those to look like the default starting backsprite I made for him.

Years
I got a question about Hex editing trainers (only way for me now, since I can't get neither PET nor trainer edit at work).. Lets say I want to edit Bug Catcher Rick in viridian forrest... Here's what I found:

Offset: 0023FB2C

Code:
CC C3 BD C5 FF 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 02 00
00 00 98 A5 23 08 00 3A 00 53

NOTE: I'm not completly sure if the 3A 00 53 is part of this trainer, or the one next to it, since there's a 3A 00 53 right before CC C3 BD etc.. as well.

Here's what I know:

98 A5 23 leads to the trainers pokemon, and I pressume that 3A 00 53 means what type of battle it is.

Here's what I don't know:

How do I find the offset to the actual script, which initiates the trainerbattle? (For instance the offset 1605E9 which leads to the script from Bug Catcher Rick)

Cuz if I search for Team Rocket Grunt (which I want to edit, because I don't know how to replace the sprite of the trainer, and I need a team rocket battle) then I do find it, but it's completly diffirent from other trainer battles (except for gym leaders, which are diffirent as well).

I'm sorry if I explained it badly, but I'm just bad at explaining complicated stuff :P

Years
Usually you would have to search for their name and the Pokemon data should be right after that. Like with Bug Catcher Rick you would have to search for Rick.

I know, that's how I got the info, but now I need to search for Team Rocket grunt, and once found, I find something completly diffirent from the other trainers.... (If it helps, I'm looking for trainerbattle 0x239)

Years
Hmm...did you try searching for his Pokemon data? The data goes [2-byte Level Data][00][Pokemon 1(4 -byte)].

Actually, that's the problem I got: I don't know the pokemon and I'm not far enough in my firered rom (lost the save files a year or so ago) and playing through the game again would take too much time..

Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2008
You have to change the japanese letter bytes to english letters and then rewrite the text.

Maybe your computer doesn't have much speed, check my signature (Presea's Tool Archive) for APE.

Nooooo, it has a LOT of speed.
The thing can run Crysis on High settings, so I think it should be able to run a hex editor. >.<

Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2011
Prof. Birch offset

does anyone know prof. birches sprite offset I know he's a tilemap but i can't find him in tile molester and I searched all over the web and found nothing

Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2008
Thank you. ^_^

Still, can anyone point me towards the right .narc file for the trainer's throwing animation sprites?
I need to edit those to look like the default starting backsprite I made for him.

*look in quote*
Seriously, can anyone answer my question?
I figured out a way around the palette thing.
But I still can't find those sprites.
Does ANYONE know where they are?

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
does anyone know prof. birches sprite offset I know he's a tilemap but i can't find him in tile molester and I searched all over the web and found nothing

Are you hacking Ruby? Prof. Birch's intro sprite's offset is 39DBF4.

Years
You would need to find Missingno's stats and edit or redirect them to new pointers so that it is like a Pokemon.

Does anyone know where Missingno's stats would be?
I have no idea where it could be, since I have no idea what to search for(where stats could be, where missingo's stats could be, what stats to edit)
(I'm a noob when it comes to hex editing:\)

Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2008
Another option would be to search for GRUNT, then change the data slightly of them till you get one right, just using trial and error.

You can always try different hex editors there are many of them, Zophar's Domain has heaps.

Usually the backpics are located towards the end of the tiles, so you would have to use a tile editing tool to find them.

I tried that, with TilEd 2002, but all I got was some garbled orangish mess. What am I supposed to put in? The trbgra.narc? Hell, what settings should I be using? There's no DS option.
I've got the stationary backpic for the trainer edited, but the other ones where he throws the ball still elude me.... >.>

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back