• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen FireRed or LeafGreen?

Years
LeafGreen because I prefer the Pokemon that are exclusive to the game which is the only in-game difference between the two. Other than that, I prefer the cover and the colours displayed on the cover. LG was one of my first Pokemon games and I've used a lot in challenges, so I think I have good reason to pick LG over FR.

Infinitum

╭━━╮╱╱╭━? ??╱╱╱╱╭╮╱? ?╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱ ╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱? ??╭?
Years
Fire Red:
  • Box-art was way more appealing, Charizard just ruled.
  • I really liked the exclusives much more, and I disliked Bulbasaur.
  • They should've remade Blue (Aqua Blue or something) because in Europe/NA in Gen I Blue/Red were released and Green wasn't.

Years
Leaf Green, because I like Venusaur more. ;D

Though seriously, I have (or at least ended up with) both versions, but Leaf Green is the one I prefer since it was "mine" in the first place, it was the version I actually bought for myself. The Fire Red I have was actually my sister's copy at one point, but it ended up in my care whoops. I think I chose Leaf Green in the first place since my first pokemon game ever was Blue, and in place of Blue not being one of the two colors available here ...Leaf Green was the next best choice.

Shiro

Dad! Or should I say... Big cheese of Hoshido?
Years
LeafGreen. I bought it simply because green is my favorite color and I preferred Venusaur though lmfao. FireRed did have some of my favorites, such as Growlithe, but LeafGreen had Slowpoke so.

Years
LeafGreen. I love Bulbsaur and Ivysaur so much, and FireRed was the copy my friend got and we always made sure to get different games. LG had some cool exclusives too, like the Vulpix line and my precious Sneasel. <3

Years
LeafGreen! It was one of my first Pokemon games ever, then I lost it for few years and when finally found it I cried because I was so happy. ;-; It was in my old bag that was inside the wardrobe, I'm so stupid.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Leafgreen cause it was one of my first pokemon games and i never played firered and i like supporting the underdog pokemon and everyone already loves charizard. :)

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Leaf Green was the version I bought, since it has the better version exclusives, my brother got the other version, and since I was gonna play through the game as Leaf...

The featured Pokemon on the front was a moot point because I went with Squirtle as my starter :P

Years
  • Seen Sep 6, 2016
I like Fire Red because of Arcanine, Scyther and I also like Leaf Green because of Starmie, Slowbro though I usually play Fire Red due to Arcanine being my must have pokemon in Kanto. My usual Kanto team is

1.Arcanine
2.Nidoking
3.Jolteon
4.Lapras
5.Aerodactyl, Dragonite or Scyther(albeit rarely)
6.HM slave

Micael Alighieri

Helix Boo / Lord Kaktus, ex-member from Whack a Ha
Years
  • Seen May 24, 2017
Definitely, Leaf Green, I always liked Victreebel and Slowbro.

OliDSi

Pokemon Friend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 7, 2015
FireRed had better exclusives. That's the only real thing that matters.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I got FireRed first when that came out, which I loved sooo much honestly. But, I picked up LeafGreen a couple of years ago and that quickly replaced FireRed as my favorite between those two remakes, mostly because I got to use Ninetales, but also because I picked Bulbasaur as my starter and it quickly became my favorite Kanto starter after that, too.

Back