• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Competitive Battling Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Void

hiiiii
Years
  • Hi guys!! I just had a battle with someone earlier and basically I was already down to two Pokemon in a matter of seconds lol. And then, when all hope was lost...

180px-196Espeon.png

^^ This little critter saved my life :3
    Who would've thought Psyshock would be so useful? lol

Here's the log btw:

Spoiler:

Yeah, that's it. XD
    Just wanted to share because I thought it was awesome and all. xD

Last edited:

devilicious

dream
    Years
  • I know about it, but it's too situational imo to forego a spinner if you're decided on using shedinja

like I said before it is a huge gamble so you need to lower your risks as much as you can
    in fact if espeon wasnt so weak in ubers I'd totally use it alongside a spinner on my shedinja team

The Void

hiiiii
    Years
  • I don't need spinners for Shedinja... it has a Focus Sash already lol...
    Besides, who says I don't have a spinner? lol, I had Forretress, remember? I just didn't get to use Rapid Spin much XD

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    But if you come in on SR and the opponent has an attack you don't know of that may be super effective, then... you lose. ;x

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    NOPE VRAI NO CHANCE. Actually maybe that'll inspire you to be more active.

nah not really. the only inspiration pc gives me is to like light it on fire

I don't need spinners for Shedinja... it has a Focus Sash already lol...
    Besides, who says I don't have a spinner? lol, I had Forretress, remember? I just didn't get to use Rapid Spin much XD

the idea of focus sash is so that shedinja can take a hit, not switch in once and proceed to die

regardless it's a bad pokemon

The Void

hiiiii
    Years
  • the idea of focus sash is so that shedinja can take a hit, not switch in once and proceed to die

regardless it's a bad pokemon

WHY DOES EVERYONE HATE SHEDINJA??!!! It's NU and I beat several uber teams with it! Come on!!!

And again, let me remind you and Nica:

Besides, who says I don't have a spinner? lol, I had Forretress, remember? I just didn't get to use Rapid Spin XD

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    WHY DOES EVERYONE HATE SHEDINJA??!!! It's NU and I beat several uber teams with it! Come on!!!

And again, let me remind you and Nica:

point? shedinja still loses to any decent team. it's not that i hate it, it's that it sucks hard. the sooner you realize that, the better your future battling career will be.

HEY IT WALLS KYOGRE
    just like quagsire!
    THAT MEANS IT MUST BE UBER
    ...just like quagsire!
    RIGHT

HEY HO-OH IS BEATEN BY STEALTH ROCK
    it should be OU not ubers amirite

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I still had the window open so I went to find this from about 24 hours ago...

(12:31:48) XEL: This server hasn't crash for 13, almost 14 days :o
    (12:32:09) +Forever: DON'T
    (12:32:11) +Forever: JYNX IT
    (12:32:14) +Forever: OR I WILL HATE YOU

XEL I'm never talking to you again. :(

Also nah Ho-Oh's too good for OU, it should be like a tier higher than uber really, reserved just for Ho-Oh.

Oh, and on the uber point dragon, a lot of ubers players aren't that good, so they probably won't know any better - aka new people grab legendaries, think they're the best, some happen to be in ubers, and boom ubers players w/ bad movesets that lose to Shedinja.

Years
  • I still had the window open so I went to find this from about 24 hours ago...

XEL I'm never talking to you again. :(

Also nah Ho-Oh's too good for OU, it should be like a tier higher than uber really, reserved just for Ho-Oh.

Oh, and on the uber point dragon, a lot of ubers players aren't that good, so they probably won't know any better - aka new people grab legendaries, think they're the best, some happen to be in ubers, and boom ubers players w/ bad movesets that lose to Shedinja.

There are good Ubers players and then there are server randoms who use Dragonbreath/Dragon Claw/Tail Whip/Dragon Rage Dialga, I'm guessing Dragon faced the latter. But yes, Shedinja is viable in Ubers due to the lack of attacks that hit it super effectively, it's awful in every other tier.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • There are good Ubers players and then there are server randoms who use Dragonbreath/Dragon Claw/Tail Whip/Dragon Rage Dialga, I'm guessing Dragon faced the latter. But yes, Shedinja is viable in Ubers due to the lack of attacks that hit it super effectively, it's awful in every other tier.

But aren't Ghost, Fire, Rock and Dark somewhat widespread attack types in Ubers? (because of Giratina, any Psychics who carry Shadow Ball, Dragons who carry Fire Blast, Reshiram, Blaziken and Ho-oh, random Pokemon who carry Stone Edge/Rock Slide and Darkrai)

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    But aren't Ghost, Fire, Rock and Dark somewhat widespread attack types in Ubers? (because of Giratina, any Psychics who carry Shadow Ball, Dragons who carry Fire Blast, Reshiram, Blaziken and Ho-oh, random Pokemon who carry Stone Edge/Rock Slide and Darkrai)

It still sucks in ubers lol.

Not to mention Deoxys-S leads @ hazards spam.

Even with a spinner i wish you the best of luck trying to spin vs Arceus-Ghost, Giratina-A, Giratina-O etc lol... (you're going to need all the luck in the world to get past those spin wise)

devilicious

dream
    Years
  • it sucks in ubers, but it's still shedinja's most viable tier -- I guess it's what we're trying to say

foresight hitmontop best ubers spinner amirite

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    it sucks in ubers, but it's still shedinja's most viable tier -- I guess it's what we're trying to say

foresight hitmontop best ubers spinner amirite

Seems most people use Tentacruel, who also absorbs annoying Toxic Suck Spikes which sinks most of the tier hnng, plus Rain Dish is cool with Kyogre support lol.

I was actually gonna try Hitmontop though for "guaranteed" spin. That or Toise who also gets Foresight and Rain Dish. XD

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I didn't even know tentabro got rain dish! yay for 5th gen being stupid ^__^

hitmontop has like priority though and priority is broken I hear!

nop

well maybe against deo and darkrai (does it even ko deo?) but yeah, its still really weak when you compare its damage to stuff like 120/120/120 defenses from arceus etc

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back