• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Competitive Battling Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Do you guys think using Shedinja and winning because of that is something to be pleased about, I guess? (Since Dragon and I had differing opinions on the matter).

Either way, Dragon and I battled (using ubers, which he happened to have Shedinja in, and due to it being ubers, there was no Tornadus etc @ offensive rain) aaanddd I was wondering what you guys thought on Shedinja's use in general, lol.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2012
    Do you guys think using Shedinja and winning because of that is something to be pleased about, I guess? (Since Dragon and I had differing opinions on the matter).

Either way, Dragon and I battled (using ubers, which he happened to have Shedinja in, and due to it being ubers, there was no Tornadus etc @ offensive rain) aaanddd I was wondering what you guys thought on Shedinja's use in general, lol.

I think it would be. I think Shedinja is a hard Pokemon to use, because you could die at any moment. I think I'd be happy if my Shedinja won and didn't get automatically killed by like, Flamethrower or something ^^

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • Do you guys think using Shedinja and winning because of that is something to be pleased about, I guess? (Since Dragon and I had differing opinions on the matter).

Using Shedinja is fair game in my opinion. It's similar to using low accuracy moves, it's a high risk high return option. Shedinja can be slaughtered by heaps of stuff, so winning because of it IS something to be proud about.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Okay you two, consider this! What about when the opponent doesn't have those attacks at all, do you two continue to have that stance? I mean, you don't necessarily prepare for Shedinja so it's like a sitting duck situation yusss? With SR on basically every team except a few teams I don't really see how Shedinja can feel safe like, ever. ;x

Last edited:

The Void

hiiiii
    Years
  • dragon456 said:
    (17:47:56) dragon456: heck, i lost like several times to livewire and da thanks to shedinja lol

^^Remember what I said on PO? lol.
    Shedinja is like one of the weakest guys in my team and can easily be beaten with the weakest attacks. So using Shedinja is definitely fair, yep, yep.

devilicious

dream
    Years
  • like it was said above, shedinja is a high-risk high-reward pokémon
    though often the risk is much higher than the reward l0l

I like using him in ubers when I have a forretress on my team! I once won a 4th gen tourney because of it so it holds a special place in my heart
    oh and I also think ninjask is more viable in ubers than any other tier

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • Okay you two, consider this! What about when the opponent doesn't have those attacks at all, do you two continue to have that stance? I mean, you don't necessarily prepare for Shedinja so it's like a sitting duck situation yusss? With SR on basically every team except a few teams I don't really see how Shedinja can feel safe like, ever. ;x

Yes I do, it's your problem for not having any counters for it, and the point of having Shedinja in a team is to eliminate its counters first, get rid of Sandstorm, SR, etc and then win. It's a risk they take and if they can pull it off, good on them.

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2012
    Okay you two, consider this! What about when the opponent doesn't have those attacks at all, do you two continue to have that stance? I mean, you don't necessarily prepare for Shedinja so it's like a sitting duck situation yusss? With SR on basically every team except a few teams I don't really see how Shedinja can feel safe like, ever. ;x

Well, if they DON'T have the moves, then I guess it's a little unfair.
    Because then, you just sit there while Shedinja slowly faints your team.
    But if losts of people have SR, then it's pointless to have Shedinja, really.
    Why have a Pokemon on your team if you know it's going to faint as soon as it gets in there?

devilicious

dream
    Years
  • Well, if they DON'T have the moves, then I guess it's a little unfair.

it's not unfair
    when creating a team you have to consider everythi- well, most things
    and shedinja is not that rare in ubers
    if you have nothing to counter it it's your fault

and even disregarding shedinja, if you don't have at least a single rock or fire move, nor any kind of entry hazard or way to reflect your opponent's, then you're doing something terribly wrong

man even the worst of players and their toxicstall dialgas have a way to beat poor sheddy

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    @ previous posts: WELL TO BE FAIR, it's all DA's fault for making Livewire and I make ubers teams (which I only used like... 3 times lol). Why yes I can shift the blame entirely. :3;

oh and I also think ninjask is more viable in ubers than any other tier

Ninjask is so annoying, it's always the same thing over and over w/ baton pass. Poor Pokemon needs to stand out on its own lool.

^^Remember what I said on PO? lol.
    Shedinja is like one of the weakest guys in my team and can easily be beaten with the weakest attacks. So using Shedinja is definitely fair, yep, yep.

Weakest attacks I did not possess pfffffft. You win this round. /runs back to OU

devilicious

dream
    Years
  • Ninjask is so annoying, it's always the same thing over and over w/ baton pass. Poor Pokemon needs to stand out on its own lool.

mang I'm talking about them choice band ninjasks!

the highest I got in the uber ladder was leading with petaya berry ninjask and baton passing to specs kyogre
    it was gloriously hilarious
    I have no idea how it worked so well

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Well idk I don't play ubers!!

Wait so the effect of the berry is then passed on? I didn't know baton passing could do that lol ;x

devilicious

dream
    Years
  • Wait so the effect of the berry is then passed on? I didn't know baton passing could do that lol ;x

well the berry has to be activated first you know, but yeah, stat boost berries are just like normal stat boost; petaya passing was really common like EIGHT YEARS AGO OR SOMETHING ):

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Not my fault I wasn't... actually, I didn't even know about competitive battling then. Back then all I knew was to use the most powerful moves, who cares if they're special or physical or not! That does sound awesome though, too bad I'm many years too late :3

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Well, if they DON'T have the moves, then I guess it's a little unfair.
    Because then, you just sit there while Shedinja slowly faints your team.
    But if losts of people have SR, then it's pointless to have Shedinja, really.
    Why have a Pokemon on your team if you know it's going to faint as soon as it gets in there?

Shedinja is one of those Pokemon that needs tons of support to work. If you want to use it, go ahead, but be sure to partner it with Rapid Spinners and Pokemon that can eliminate its weaknesses.

But still, Shedinja can wall a fair few Pokemon, like Kyogre in Ubers.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    And things still haven't changed now hahaha.

did they ever?

gen 1: tauros sleeper zam chansey rock-type filler
    gen 2: "stall"
    gen 3: celebi skarmory tyranitar suicune mence subpunch gar
    gen 4: ttar scizor tran gyarados mence rotom-a
    gen 5: rotom-w scizor landorus tyranitar celebi filler

pokemon has always been a game of dominance

also nica needs to stop posting in this thread so i can retain my dominance over it

lastly why can't we double-post here

devilicious

dream
    Years
  • well hey at least now there's a "filler" spot so I guess that's something

also you can technically double-post
    they just don't think you should
    but it's alright because I treat chat threads like my own and I'll probably reply to anything you say so there's no real need to double post ehehe

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    NOPE VRAI NO CHANCE. Actually maybe that'll inspire you to be more active.

Imma just share this because it was pretty awesome. Minato being livewire etc.

dragon456: i love you shedinja n_n
    Minato Namikaze: :>
    Forever: shedinja is dumb
    Minato Namikaze: pretty much
    dragon456: now what type kills metagross...?
    dragon456: umm
    Minato Namikaze: Ghost
    dragon456: -.- i don't have a ghost type

Start of turn 4
    dragon456 called Shedinja back!
    dragon456 sent out Forretress!

Minato Namikaze's Metagross used Stealth Rock!
    Pointed stones float in the air around dragon456's team!

Minato Namikaze's Metagross restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
    Forever: shedinja IS ghost
    Forever: lol
    dragon456: OHHH
    dragon456: RIGHT
    dragon456: lmao
    Forever: good mind game livewire
    Forever: :)
    Minato Namikaze: ;)
    dragon456: anyway why the eff did i remove rapid spin from forretress?
    Minato Namikaze: my speciality

Idk, I'd say either Dragonite/Terrakion would be the last @ the filler spot, but then again I haven't checked the statistics lately, so!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back