• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

#10: Rascally Rodents

Which are your favorites?

• Total voters
Years
  • Welcome back for the 10th edition of the Poké-Poll of the Week here in Pokémon Voting Polls! You know the rules by now, but just as a reminder, all PC and PVP rules apply, especially:
    Expand on your answers! Don't just tell us that Pikachu is your favorite Pokémon- tell us why! If you're just listing or giving very short answers, your post may be up for a warning or an infraction.
    This week's voting is going to be a little different than usual, as we've got 6 different poll choices available, so you can feel free to pick more than one option. The poll this week was submitted by Chocolate™, who'll be receiving a special emblem for the suggestion. And I'm running out of your poll ideas guys, so feel free to leave suggestions to me either in a VM, or along with your answer in this thread. If your poll gets picked, you'll be receiving your own special emblem, so why not help out? Now, on to this week's question:

Which are your favorite early-game Normal type Pokémon?

Like I said, it's multiple choice this week, so feel free to pick more than one if you'd like, and let us know why. Now let the voting begin!

Last edited:
    Years
  • To be honest, I've never particularly been fond of the rodent-type Pokemon, but among the choices, Sentret and Furret are simply too adorable to miss! I remember having Pokemon Stadium for the N64, and playing the Furret mini-game was one of my favourites; that's probably where I developed my liking for the creature :3 Though on a side note, I thought the evolution would be switched because Sentret looks more like the second stage rather than Furret XD

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
  • Yeah, I hate all of them. The only one I sort of ever used was Ferret. That thing was always adorable, even if it wasn't the strongest. That'd have to be my favorite from the list.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • I Love Them All!! Equally
    Spoiler:

it's also my most recent team - they are all fun in their own way (especially in Amie), all of them being normal types they can learn attacks from other types via TM.

Patrat/Watchog takes my vote since Watchog is my #1 favorite Pokemon, never failed me before (in game), for me it's the most beautiful of them all.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • Bunnelby and Diggersby gets my vote.

They're rabbits, they're strong, they have Huge Power, and Bunnelby's cute as hell. I like Diggersby, because it has a unique type in Nornal/Ground and it hits really hard.

also, diggersby tho? sorry I just had to.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
  • In-game, Linoone is the only one that's remotely usable, and also looks the best of all the "rascally rodents", so I prefer it. However, Diggersby is actually really good competitively thanks to its hidden ability.

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
    Years
  • Very difficult to say. I really like all of them except Watchog and Bibarel (both extremely lame.)

Raticate is really awesome. I'll have to vote for him first. He's really good at NU with Flame Orb + Guts resulting in total mayhem. Then thee's also he fact that he's one of the first pokemon that you get when you start the game.

Furret is also really nice. It's terrible in competitive but it has the second best design among all these rodents.

Linoone is a boss with Belly Drum + Extreme Speed. Linoone is also one of the best HM slaves in the game, tied with Bibarel.

Diggersby is awesome. His ability Huge Power makes him the most competitively viable of the bunch. And he has the most badass design among the bunch, looking like some criminal boss. He get's my second vote.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    I always liked Linoone waay more than the others, because I've got good memories of taking along Linoone in Ruby and always the stuff I got from Pickup. I also used Linoone in the Battle Tower and barely scraped by on critical Slash hits. Besides, I like the design a lot. A zigzag-shaped raccoon evolving into a 100 mph dasher? Sign me up.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Voted for Furret, Linoone, and Diggersby myself. Furret is the cutest of them all, Linoone is a good HM slave that comes with Pickup, and Diggersby is the first regional rodent that's actually good in the higher tiers. Raticate is just a rat, Bibarel is very ugly and is only good as an HM slave, and Watchog has no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Years
  • I picked the Sentret, Bidoof and Bunnelby lines.

Reasons why:

Furret is so cute, and I love its design. Sure it's not that stellar, but its eyes make it really adorable compared to most of the other rodents. I still think it's definitely one of the cuter Normal-types out there.

Bibarel for its versatility as an HM slave. It can learn a huge majority of the HMs meaning you won't have to deal with the pain of splitting them across your team. Plus I love dorky-looking Pokemon given I'm a girl who loves having a laugh.

And Diggersby surely lives up to the "killer rabbit" trope due to its hidden ability Huge Power (the one ability that made Azumarill awesome) along with its decently good defenses meaning it can definitely hold its own in competitive play. A STAB-boosted, max-happiness Return combined with that doubled Attack stat can surely hurt on anything that doesn't resist Normal, and it can use Power-Up Punch to raise that Attack even further while damaging at the same time, and its Ground moves give it extra coverage against the Rock and Steel-types that would resist its Normal moves.

Don't let Diggersby's ugly appearance fool you, he's basically a killer rabbit in disguise.

Years
  • I picked Sentret/Furret, but I also really love Zigzagoon/Linoone just about the same.
    The others are kinda eehhh, though I do like to battle with Raticate sometimes.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'd have to go with Bidoof and Biberal. They might not have the best designs and their stats might not be that great, either, but they could learn a ton of HMs, making them very useful. :] Second pick would be Sentret and Furret; they're just adorable, haha.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I pick the first three! Raticate was always cool to have in the game, honestly, until mid 20-levels or even 30. Dat attack power and simple yet effective moves.

Furret and Sentret are simply cute. Adorable even. Furret's shiny form is superpink, you know.

And Zigzagoon and Linoone were more useful than I'd like to admit on Ruby version, actually. Mostly because great HM slaves 8) But also for Pickup 8) Well also because Zigzagoon actually had decent moves early on and was a boosting support for the team until you found something cool to replace them with.

Okay, I'm not the biggest fan of these "early rodents", but if I'd pick, I'd pick these three ;)

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I always love using Orb+Guts Raticate, even if it's downed after like one hit haha. I also like Watchog for some reason. I've never really used it in battle, but it looks kinda cool with the whole stripes thing (although Furret has that as well). Watchog has a cooler shiny though.

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    Ugh, I clicked the vote button way too soon, and ended up voting only for the Furret line. Well, truth be told, Furret are super adorable, though freakishly huge for what I expected, while Sentret always looked funny to me. Are those arms really muscular, or do they have a skin membrane like a flying squirrel? I know they stand on they tails to scout for danger, and they are wary of enemies, but then why do they have a ring on their bellies?

Anyway, I wanted to vote for Bibarel and Linoone as well.

Bibarel are the ultimate HM carriers. I think most of us have use them in Sinnoh runs just (or at least) for this purpose. I guess they're kinda underrated, since they may not end in the battling team, but they honestly deserve all the credit they can get. I mean, they practically learn every HM move you need; well, except Fly. Imagine Bibarel with wings now {XD}

And here's a fun story about Linoone. So I'm running around post-game Unova in B2. I get to Pinwheel Forest, and outside there's this Ace Trainer with a Linoone. Belly Drum, Rest and Slash... My team was pretty much no match for it, I don't remember if I was underleved or if my Pokemon were simply worn out from going through the forest, but that thing crushed us. Luckily, I was using a Drifblim to fly around, otherwise I would've whited out. I was really impressed with Linoone after that, so I've had my mind set on training one someday.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I do like the Rodents, but I never really use them in-game. Out of all of them though I'd say the Zigzagoon line is my favourite, come to think of it that's the only line out of the Rodents that I actually have used in-game.

Back