• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Zelda: Sacred Paradox (DOWNLOAD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
Years
  • 63gOR.jpg

Rzh1R.jpg

I'm not much of a scripter at all, but I have a temporary hidden switch that unlocks a door. I haven't had much time to work on the hack lately because of work and life, but I'm still working on it whenever I get a minute.
    I've also fixed up the underground a little bit:
    3hdjs.jpg

and added Gekko to the Boss Key room, previously the room where you get the Pegasus boots.
    kEEvs.jpg

This is the new floor plan for the alpha dungeon.
    eWS2N.jpg

is that Dimitri or a dodongo?

Both technically... Dimitri is a water dodongo.

What about reworking some of the items into TMs and HMs?

Later in development I'd like to see some of the HM abilities turned into key items.

My current goal however is trying to remember exactly how I inserted that other battle background... I still have everything down except the palette. I remember that it goes 4 bytes before one 00 byte for all 16 colors and how to find them, but I'm having a hard time matching them up. Hopefully after work tonight I can sort that out.

Last edited:

Lunaturret

[B]The Forgotten[/B]
    Years
  • 63gOR.jpg

Rzh1R.jpg

I'm not much of a scripter at all, but I have a temporary hidden switch that unlocks a door. I haven't had much time to work on the hack lately because of work and life, but I'm still working on it whenever I get a minute.
    I've also fixed up the underground a little bit:
    3hdjs.jpg

and added Gekko to the Boss Key room, previously the room where you get the Pegasus boots.
    kEEvs.jpg

This is the new floor plan for the alpha dungeon.
    eWS2N.jpg

Really looks very zeldary for a pokemon rom wow your changing so so much love all the screenshots yet again Thanks so much :)

5qwerty

[b][font="open sans"]WHOLLY MOLEY[/font][/b]
    Years
    • Seen today
    Man, this hack looks amazing. It seems so Zelda-y and Pokémon-y at the same time.

Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2017
    That vid gave me such a zelda-feeling as it was a real zelda game. Great job!

Danno

Years
  • Alright, so I'm hoping to get a playable demo out sometime this year. Right now, I need 2 or 3 dedicated Beta testers.
    Specifically, I need people who will play the game and make a note of ALL discrepancies in the game so far. This means if you notice the title screen still says Pokemon, note it. Tile errors, missing rooms, glitches, any and everything notable so I may have a more accurate idea of what needs doing before the release. Please use this form below and private message me with it. I will post when I have selected the testers(And they'll be credited!)

Code:
    Q: Have you ever played at least a few dungeons in a 2D/top-down Zelda?

A:

Q: Have you ever beta-tested before? This doesn't automatically rule you out if not, but if so, for what?

A:

Q: Do you have Facebook? 

A:

Q: Why should I trust you not to leak the game? 

A:

I'll reply to all applicants within a few days. Thanks in advance guys!

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Well if I ever saw you on IRC chat I'd tell ya' I'd be willin'. Toss me a copy if you want and I'll give it a nice and thorough look-at. I'm happy you've continued on with your hack, I was worried for a little bit when you were without internet and all that jazz ... but now I see you're working harder than ever it seems. Great job man

Danno

Years
  • Well if I ever saw you on IRC chat I'd tell ya' I'd be willin'. Toss me a copy if you want and I'll give it a nice and thorough look-at. I'm happy you've continued on with your hack, I was worried for a little bit when you were without internet and all that jazz ... but now I see you're working harder than ever it seems. Great job man

For sure. You and the crew(you know who you are) only need to ask me and I'll throw you a copy.

To any other prospective beta testers, I'm going to make my selection within a few days, so if you're interested please follow the above post and PM me with your application.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2016
    I'm not much of a poster here, much more of a observer, and even then I haven't been on here for a while, but I need to say, this looks wonderful! I always wanted this, and I can't wait for it to be finished!

Danno

Years
  • I've selected my beta testers and sent out the private messages. I apparently just lost about 3 days (maybe a total of 5-6 hours) of work, thank god for backups.

Here's some new spritage for you all though.
    oT9UZ.jpg

Danno

Years
  • love the skull thingy, how is it called?

That's the Bubble. I used a 3DS Majoras Mask model and processed it into a sprite. I still need to do the same for the back of it. Bubbles will evolve into Stalchildren and then Stalfos. The top one is the Zora King, renamed to Zora Elder for this project, and the ghost is a Ghini.

Reactions: Nex
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2017
    Wishing i had known about this sooner i have some experience in Beta Testing was apart of Beta testing for various MMO's and other games over the years both large and small and some which have yet to see the light of day and Zelda Oracle of Ages was the first game i brought for myself by doing a paper route hope the testing doesn't take too long and the errors arent to hard to correct :)

Danno

Years
  • Not trying to be rude but any idea when game is coming out? This hack looks good! ������������������

#askingforreleasedates

On this very page you commented on, only a few posts before you, you would see I only just started selecting beta testers before the initial release, which will eventually™ only have one dungeon and a few handfuls of monsters. You can follow progress on this hack by subscribing to this thread and/or on Facebook/YouTube.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back