• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Zelda: Sacred Paradox (DOWNLOAD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
Years
  • Zelda: Sacred Paradox (DOWNLOAD)

I know you guys hear this from me a lot, and honestly, I REALLY DO want to spend more time working on this hack, but my life is crazy. I really should write a book about it haha. Anyways, here's another almostnothing that I've been working on (there's a lot of almostnothing changes in this hack... considering I'm trying to overhaul all text, graphics and sounds)

To my selected closed beta testers:
    I apologize for your long wait, and I can't make any promises on when I can get the patch to you. However, there is no need to worry; you'll be receiving it at some point, just stay posted. :D

EDIT: Yeah, I know I haven't changed the text yet in that GIF. It'll happen haha.

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
    Years
  • Zelda: Sacred Paradox (DOWNLOAD)

I know you guys hear this from me a lot, and honestly, I REALLY DO want to spend more time working on this hack, but my life is crazy. I really should write a book about it haha. Anyways, here's another almostnothing that I've been working on (there's a lot of almostnothing changes in this hack... considering I'm trying to overhaul all text, graphics and sounds)

To my selected closed beta testers:
    I apologize for your long wait, and I can't make any promises on when I can get the patch to you. However, there is no need to worry; you'll be receiving it at some point, just stay posted. :D

EDIT: Yeah, I know I haven't changed the text yet in that GIF. It'll happen haha.

Image not working, here's the correct link: https://s27.postimg.org/6pkmomppt/tmp.gif

Zelda: Sacred Paradox (DOWNLOAD)

Looks great btw!

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • Good to see this is still alive and well. Not a massive Zelda fan but the work you've put in so far, especially graphically, has been tremendous.

Danno

Years
  • Good to see this is still alive and well. Not a massive Zelda fan but the work you've put in so far, especially graphically, has been tremendous.

Thanks! Speaking of which, the screenshots in the first post are outdated, I'll be replacing them soon.

Danno

Years
  • Do they look even better than the outdated ones? Because this hack rocks from the "outdated" screenshots.

Yeah, it's better... Unfortunately I stepped on my laptop while it was closed on the ground today and broke my screen. I dont currently have an HDMI cord so i cant hook it up to another screen. In light of this, the project is forced into a hiatus... Im very sorry, and upset.

I'm hooked up to a TV for now, but I may have to put this on hiatus soon...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2017
    is there already a link to download current version? would like to test it :D

Danno

Years
  • Back in the earliest days of this hack, I remember having some discussions with Machomuu about not including trainers. I figured I would use them for occasional swarms or something gimmicky... well, I've decided that I need them. In Sacred Paradox, you can buy Soul Gems at Vasu's Jewelry shop. You'll have access to different types as the game progresses. Why then, would Link be the only one who can tame creatures?

Think about Ganondorf, for example(strictly!). You fight Ganondorf and his team of 6 whatevers. After his defeat, he transforms into Ganon, and you encounter a wild battle with Ganon. You could them capture Ganon and it'd be outside of a trainer battle.

And then there's rivals. My intention is to give Link a few friends in the game, all fighting for a common goal. In true POKéMON fashion, the player should be able to battle his friends as rivals. Obviously there will be something in the story that will have you do as such.

The Hyrule Guards will eventually also become tamers so they can protect the Royal Family.

Don't worry though, trainer battles will still not be as common as in the official POKéMON games. I'm hoping to mainly make them a way to bring in more familiar characters and allow the player a chance to interact with them.

So, as my first trainer, I give you Maple the Witch... the apprentice/granddaughter of Syrup the Witch.

(original art: )
    Spoiler:

Naturally she'll have dark/ghost type monsters on her team, from what I've already sprited she'll have at least a Ghini and a Bubble.

Years
  • Back in the earliest days of this hack, I remember having some discussions with Machomuu about not including trainers. I figured I would use them for occasional swarms or something gimmicky... well, I've decided that I need them. In Sacred Paradox, you can buy Soul Gems at Vasu's Jewelry shop. You'll have access to different types as the game progresses. Why then, would Link be the only one who can tame creatures?

Think about Ganondorf, for example(strictly!). You fight Ganondorf and his team of 6 whatevers. After his defeat, he transforms into Ganon, and you encounter a wild battle with Ganon. You could them capture Ganon and it'd be outside of a trainer battle.

And then there's rivals. My intention is to give Link a few friends in the game, all fighting for a common goal. In true POKéMON fashion, the player should be able to battle his friends as rivals. Obviously there will be something in the story that will have you do as such.

The Hyrule Guards will eventually also become tamers so they can protect the Royal Family.

Don't worry though, trainer battles will still not be as common as in the official POKéMON games. I'm hoping to mainly make them a way to bring in more familiar characters and allow the player a chance to interact with them.

So, as my first trainer, I give you Maple the Witch... the apprentice/granddaughter of Syrup the Witch.

(original art: )
    Spoiler:

Naturally she'll have dark/ghost type monsters on her team, from what I've already sprited she'll have at least a Ghini and a Bubble.

Sounds cool! Trainer battles would seem to work for this hack, but like you said, making them uncommon makes the game...unique.

Danno

Years
  • Laptop screen is broken, and i have no wifi, but I am finally connected to another TV screen. Unfortunately errors with OWM and some script questions i have that will require me to have wifi have arisen, so in the meantime the only progress I'll be making on Sacred Paradox will be sprite work, which is desperately needed anyways as i still have far too few monsters in my roster. I recently finished the front sprite for the Stalchild and hope to present it here soon.

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2016
    I've been lurking here for just over year now and I've finally decided to give some feedback. You've really come a long way and the progress made has been amazing. It seems to be developing nicely and the frequent updates have kept me hyped. Awesome hack, keep it up!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2016
    I really don't think making items into Pokemon is a good idea, it would take away from the immersion of the hack and wouldn't really feel like Zelda. It'd feel like...well, Pokemon with a Zelda texture.

If the items were really going to be used in battle, why not just use them as separate versions of Link (as in, in Sprite and moveset)? This was an idea I had for one of my other non-Pokemon ideas, but creating a separate version of Link that uses that item would work just fine, as it's basically Link equipping the item.
    I think that items could be more like held items.
    Some ideas include:
    Power Bracelet increasing attack and defense a bit, arrows increasing special attack,swords raising attack a lot (Master sword raises more attack than white sword), arrows raising special attack(ice arrows up freezing chance,fire arrows up burn chance, light arrows gives small chance to lower foes accuracy), goron tunic boosting fire resistance and immunity to burn, zora's tunic boosting water resistance, iron boots raise defense a lot but lower speed, roc's feather gives immunity to ground moves or raises speed or evasion, red potion heals(not held), green potion increases pp(not held), etc.

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2020
    Hi,
    First of all, amazing job.
    Second, are you planning to make Vaati a boss? If so, i thought it would be cool if you first battle him in a trainer battle, and after you have defeated his team, you encounter Vaati's other form (a big monster with one big eye) and you catch of defeat it.
    Sorry for bad english btw and good luck

ComicRyan

Owner of 'BLUE CAT INC.'
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2020
    If this project goes down, I'll be extremely sad...;-;
    Anyway, if its okay, could I temporarily use a few of your sprites for my hack? (I would credit you) and it would only be until I can get around to making my own (hopefully as good as yours). ~_~

Danno

Years
  • Sorry guys, someone broke my laptop even more(it already had a broken screen) and i currently cant afford a new computer. The project is never dead as long as I breathe though, so dont worry about that... As for using my sprites, I'm sorry, but they are exclusive to my hack at this point in time. Thank you all for your continued support for this hack and I hope I can resume work on it soon.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back