• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[RESOLVED] How to make touch events when surfing

Years
  • So I was trying to make an (touch) event that occurs while the player is surfing. But apparently the game does not recognize the surfing player touching an event, but instead maybe the Pokémon, which, of course, does nothing at all, so the player just surfs over the event without the event ever taking place.

Is there any way to make an (touch) event happen while the player is surfing over it?

Thank you for your help in advance :)

Last edited:

ReVaN777

Creator of Pokemon Titanium
    Years
  • i am having this same issue, i did find out that if the touch event is on a rock it will work but other then that i'm as stumped as you. i'll let you know if i figure it out.

ReVaN777

Creator of Pokemon Titanium
    Years
  • i have a character picture thats is called invisible and when i place it as the images for my touch it worked while my player was surfing. picture attacked move mouse down

Years
  • Wow, thank you for the quick response. I would have never thought of such a solution. I was trying to find a way to adjust the script, but that could have taken some time.

Thank you very much for your assistance.

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
    Years
  • Not to beat a dead horse, but another solution, if you don't want the touch event to be impassable, is to make it a "Parallell Process"-event with a Conditional Branch, with the script [ get_character(0).onEvent? ].
    This works kind of the same way doors do in Pokemon Essentials example maps. When the player is on top of the tile with the event, the event starts.

Example:
    Spoiler:

Back