• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Normal (Build 3.0 RC 2.73 Live Update)

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Nice new screens will there be anything scary in that graveyard like an event
Yes sir! There will be. In fact, before you even get to Gravesend... some weird sad things already happened... hehe.
Also here, Gym Leader Einto has died... so what will happen? Hehe.
-----

-----
That blocked off area has a backstory... since Gravesend is on a mountain... ever since the bad spirits invaded the town, the suicide rates have drastically increased. People used to jump off the edge of town dubbed "Suicide Cliff." Also, the southwestern section of Taejo is a very dark hazardous place. The player even turns evil due to a ghost infecting his spirit... he then gets the ability to send people to the underworld...

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
Yes sir! There will be. In fact, before you even get to Gravesend... some weird sad things already happened... hehe.
Also here, Gym Leader Einto has died... so what will happen? Hehe.
-----

-----
That blocked off area has a backstory... since Gravesend is on a mountain... ever since the bad spirits invaded the town, the suicide rates have drastically increased. People used to jump off the edge of town dubbed "Suicide Cliff." Also, the southwestern section of Taejo is a very dark hazardous place. The player even turns evil due to a ghost infecting his spirit... he then gets the ability to send people to the underworld...
Do you mean that we can send people to the underworld? That sounds very interesting! :D

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Do you mean that we can send people to the underworld? That sounds very interesting! :D
Yeah, it's a mission that started on Route 61 when your good and bad spirits separated. Your bad side convinces you to go to Gravesend to do "evil" deeds. Specifically when you get to the town, you would have the option to send some NPC people there! :D

Regarding the underworld, it is a realm only known by the powerful rulers of Taejo. However, that realm was sealed away 3 years ago (in the pre-sequel, Teal Version). So, whoever now enter would no longer be able to escape... however...
-----

-----
Although, Gravesend is a "ghost" town. It's also a town influenced by dragons which would eventually lead to the next part of the story... at Frozen Fire Lake... Hydra Den.

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Cool stuff will u make an animation when u send people to the other world

Also do u still plan changing oaks intro sprite and adding animation to the water
An animation, would be nice. I kinda already have one since I already scripted two prior "cast to underworld" events. As with my prior releases of betas, I usually edit graphics before a release. Most of all, mapping and scripting are my main priority and then whatever touchups on graphics will be done when I cover 98% of the more important stuff. And yeah, water animation will be added.

Years
Just a curiosity, but will you eventually make it where the player can be bad? Not like, join the villains, but where you are like Paul or Silver? A bad trainer.

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Just a curiosity, but will you eventually make it where the player can be bad? Not like, join the villains, but where you are like Paul or Silver? A bad trainer.
Hehe. Prepare for a major plot twist... I don't want to spoil much, but as the creator of this game, the protagonist that players will be playing as is not considered the "main character." Teal is the "true" protagonist... which means that instead of playing as the good protagonist, (which is Teal, he's the main person of my pre-sequel Teal Version; kinda like how Red and Gold were of their respective Pokemon Red and Gold games) you'll be playing as a 19 year old erratic Zaquar. As you get deeper into the story, players will learn what's Zaquar's true intentions... so basically prepare for Zaquar to do some f***ed up things in the game, haha. Zaquar has a really sinister personality, as you will learn later on in the game.

You will also learn of Teal's past and what made him come to the Taejo Region.
So basically, there are "three" main characters... Teal, Normaly (Normal Version's true female protagonist), and Zaquar.

I could have made players play as Teal, but that would of been boring for me. I wanted to mix things up.

Edit 1 - On a sidenote, the ages of the characters. This game happens during the same times of Johto and Sinnoh by the way.
Tizzle: 20
Zaquar: 19
Sara: 18
Normaly: 17
"Older" Joey: 16
Teal: 16
Zypher: 11

Last edited:

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
FrozenInfernoZX

can i ask how much progres is needed for 100% complete ?
Months and months, lol. This is a two region hack. But the next beta will be a complete region without some of the unlocked areas (from visiting the other region first). You will already get to visit some of the other region in the next beta. I would say that I am around 40% done for beta 3. But that is going to speed up quick cause I am almost done mapping and scripting the more complex landmarks of the game (of the continental land which is kinda hard at times). After that, I'll have only WATER ROUTES (which are easy as hell, lol to map!) Yay!

As far as cities/towns goes, I have only two cities left to map and the Pokemon League.
As far as routes, I have one more continental route to map and 3 to 4 water routes.

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
I'm just shooting in the dark here, But is your third counterpart legendary trainer ZX?
Yep. He is considered the ultimate trainer of current times. But he normally rather conceal his identity. He's the third piece of the Frozen (Ice/Steel Types) and Inferno (Fire/Rock Types) triad with his mastering expertise in (Psychic/Fighting Types). His origins and motives are unknown.

Also, if you played beta 2.3, I have made a very subliminal reference to him in Aqualight City when saving the mind poisoned lady. He has the power of talking through people's mind when they're in danger.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
man, this game is amazing. i can't wait any longer! please release beta 3 quickly (it's much better if you complete this game anyways, lol)

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Should make Splash Magikarp's signature move, and make it a 1-hit KO move!
Omg! Hahaha xD You just gave me a good idea. It will be his signature move. Since his name is Derpfishe in this game, I will rename Splash to... DERP. Lol! As for the Derp attack power, I'm not sure yet! Haha, the possibilities are endless!

What are you going to do with Splash, Snatch, and Water Sport?
I think Snatch will turn into a power-up move or stat lowers move since it doesn't really have an animation. Water Sport has been renamed to Rinse and is the Water-Type version of Doubleslap.

KinKage

Golden Shadow
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 27, 2016
Hey how much of a difference is beta 2.3 gonna be with beta 3? cause i dont wanna start beta 2 if beta 3 gonna be tots better and different ;o

Back