• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Haunted Version

Porto

Survivor
Years
Pokémon Haunted Version

eIrn38i.png
dHjaZf9.png

Haunted Version is a ROM Hack of Pokémon FireRed in English.

Important message: I think I'll let this hack rest, it was a good startup, I learned a lot (I'm still learning BTW) but I think I'll move on to a new hack. Not completely leaving the horror-scene behind: it will be a DayZ hack. There's no thread of it yet, but as soon as there is, I'll post the link here.

The Kanto region as you know it is gone. There is a plague of Ghosts all over Kanto, and suddenly trainers appear to have more knowledge of Pokémon battles. In other words, Ghosts here are the main theme, and battles are more difficult (better AI and coverage, not just a Caterpie). Trying to nuzlocke this game will be a true challenge.
The storyline is pretty much the same as the normal FireRed, except Team Rocket is now after the mightiest Pokémon ever: ((not yet revealed)).

For those of you who'll say I lack imagination, this is mere a study, as I am completely new to hacking, and I didn't want to start off too big.

Features in Haunted Version Beta 1.1
  • Kanto, Johto, Hoenn Pokémon. You will encounter many different Pokémon, not just the Kanto Pokémon.
  • Two new Pokémon added (sprite only). (see screenshot)
  • Physical / Special split.
  • Some stat buffs of normally "not-so-good"mons. (think of Pokémon like Raticate and Arbok)
  • Decapitalisation. (this is only finished up to and including Pewter City, still some errors which are fixed in Beta 1.2)
  • More difficult battles. (as mentioned before, better AI and coverage)
  • It only goes up to and including Pewter City.

Screenshots
(more will follow)
J1SMmrg.png
CBb0Y4F.png
PkOFgHN.png

aJ2brBi.png
ejVZH7g.png
0dHkYQb.png

hSuYLfL.png
K9rtkvA.png
w8YnpRA.png

Known bugs:
  • Some things are still in capitals.
  • The help menu palette is incorrect.

To do List:
  • Some things are still in capitals.
  • Check if the Special / Physcal splitter works.
  • Make all battles more difficult.
  • Add some gen 4, 5, 6 Pokémon
  • Edit the overworld more[/B] (puddles, rocky paths, and more)
  • Add some new physical and special moves

Special Thanks
Spherical Ice for helping me out with the title screen.
Bumbadadabum for helping me out with the stat-buff thing.
GrappigeGovert ideas and stuff.
Darthatron for the special / physical split patch.
Wichu for the Decapitalisation patch.​

Downloads

Pokémon Haunted Version Beta 1.2
Release Date: not yet released
  • This Beta will feature several Pokémon from generations after gen 3.
  • Also some new (gen 5) moves, in order to make the physical / special balance good.
  • It will go up to and including Cerulean City.

Pokémon Haunted Version Beta 1.1
Release Date: 3 march, 2014

Pokémon Haunted Version Beta 1.0
Release Date: somewhere around february 2014
Not worth playing tho, just for archive purposes.

Exclusive Preview material:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Al3x

Pokémon Fan
Years
This is awesome for your first hack. I love the title screen and Kabuto. Looking forward to seeing more! And awesome first comment.

Porto

Survivor
Years
This is awesome for your first hack. I love the title screen and Kabuto. Looking forward to seeing more! And awesome first comment.

Thanks! Great to hear! Beta 1.2 will be released soon I hope

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 8, 2024
I'd recommend mrdollsteak's rombase as it includes most of your stuff which you've put in the todo list. Also i'm looking forward to this !

Al3x

Pokémon Fan
Years
I'd recommend mrdollsteak's rombase as it includes most of your stuff which you've put in the todo list. Also i'm looking forward to this !
That would be a good idea except I think it's too late since I believe it needs to be patched on a clean rom.

Porto

Survivor
Years

Thanks for your tip! I think I'll be using it from Beta 1.2 on as it really saves me time. 1.2 will be out even sooner!

That would be a good idea except I think it's too late since I believe it needs to be patched on a clean rom.

I just patched it, and I just have to fix some minor bugs now. If I start all over again or code all the moves by myself it would cost more time than fixing those bugs

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
Looks good! A question, will you include MrDollSteak patch? There things are already decapitalized, and it even has the new items and moves!

Porto

Survivor
Years
Looks good! A question, will you include MrDollSteak patch? There things are already decapitalized, and it even has the new items and moves!

Yes, I just patched it, and I just have to fix some minor bugs now. If I start all over again or code all the moves by myself it would cost more time than fixing those bugs
Once I have finished all battles up to and including Cerulean City, I'll upload Beta 1.2

Near~

The End is Near...
Years
Looking great so far!
And DAT TITLESCREEN 0,0
so sexyy x3 but seriously this game is a will play for me ;)
and im loving this part right here->
Spoiler:

Porto

Survivor
Years
Looking great so far!
And DAT TITLESCREEN 0,0
so sexyy x3 but seriously this game is a will play for me ;)
and im loving this part right here->
Spoiler:

Looking good, you have my support. Love your username, by the way :o

Great hack, its cool to up the stats of bad pokémons, good luck with the project.

Thanks for your feedback! I have some bad news tho, the 1.2 beta release will be delayed due to my exams and stuff for school. When that's done I can focus 100% on the hacking again.
Stay tuned!

Back