• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
  • Snype

Snype sighed and hugged Thyme, mostly glad she was ok. Though he was a little dissapointed in her behavior. "It's alright Thyme. But hey, Next time you get into a fight, Make sure there aren't so much people around eh? I'm all for a good battle but you gotta be at a good place for it! You feeling alright Thyme?" Snype asked her with a concerned tone.

"I told ya I wouldn't let you get hurt. And hey, I keep my promises. If that fight went on a little longer then I would have had to step in... and that would have gotten nasty..."

Mark

Mark got up on his feet and looked at the Teacher.

"O...oh! Sorry... My names Mark... Pokemon Psycology huh...?" Mark said. That could be the class that he needed... mostly to understand Able. She wouldn't listen to Mark at all. His goal was to understand why...

"The Sableye here is my Partner, Snype. The Snivy he's with is called Thyme." Mark added.

Nideous

The world refused to change...
    Years
  • Thyme

Thyme glared at Gemma when she said she wanted to meet Brian. She wasn't to fond of her already, though that was mainly because she didn't know why she wanted to meet Brian. She might want to get him in trouble.

"Humph! I was about to say thanks, but you just messed that up! How was I supposed to know who had healed me? Just because you're the first person I saw when I woke up doesn't mean a thing! And why exactly do you want to meet my trainer? Humph!" Thyme snapped angrily. She hadn't quite cooled off after that battle, though she was calming down. She turned to Snype.

"It's not my fault! I was just talking to the dumb mutt and he attacked me! And yeah, I'm alright, I think. I'm no worse for wear than I was before the fight thanks to her," Thyme said with a dismissive gesture at Gemma. She sighed and looked around again.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • (>~> Ninja'd... I'm just going to post again.)

Valorie's Post

Valorie acknowledged Gemma with her eyes. Pokemon psychology, huh? She could've used that class back when Charmeleon was acting up. That thought aside, it sounded like an interesting class. The teacher had given Valorie her name. Valorie just sort of made a defeated expression when Gemma pointed out that what had happened told her where they stood as far as pokemon psychology went. She felt as if that were a bad thing. This made her a bit frustrated because she hadn't even had a single day to teach Swinub the dos and don'ts of being a trained pokemon. At this point, it might become apparent to Gemma that Valorie was perhaps a bit self-conscious, and perhaps a bit of a high achiever. Regardless, she felt obligated to give her name in turn.

"My name's Valorie Ryder. Um... Do you offer out-of-class tutoring..?"

Valorie was of course asking if she coukd come to learn on her own time. It was no secret that students didn't usually get to pick which classes they got to take.

Megaman765

Years
  • Snype

Snype sighed at Thymes excuse. "I know you were just talking... but sometimes we tend to go a little too far with that without realizing... The whole overgrown Mutt thing really seemed to hurt his feelings... I mean yeah he attacked first but at this rate I really don't care who started it. We're all alive at least ya know?" Snype said.

"I know you have a grudge against Fire Types but sometimes you gotta watch what you say you know? He seemed really hurt... and I guess he responded in the same fashion leading to the whole fight. It was kind of a shame it couldn't be talked over... he got pretty vicious around there... but eh. Water under the bridge. It happens all of us!" He added.

TrainerGiza

that really burns my poffins..
    Years
  • Gemma lightly smiled at the blonde girl, not knowing her name yet, and then glanced to Mark when she heard the boy introduce himself. She nodded.

"Yes, the Professor let me know that you guys didn't have anything like that at the school yet, it makes me feel sort of special." She laughed a little, nodding once more.

"It's very nice to meet you, Mark. You also have a nice taste in Pokémon…I've always admired ghost types." She lightly nodded at both of the Pokémon; even though she knew Thyme and whoever the trainer would hopefully take her class. From the looks of it, the sassy grass Pokémon had some behavior issues. It was unusual for Gemma to get angry at Pokémon, since hers were so well mannered, and she was used to being around well trained Pokémon at the college. For now, she would have to suppress her aggravation.

Gemma did made her comment about their abilities to be slightly bad, though there was a bright side to it; she was able to teach them, and have them learn from her! That alone made her excited; though she hoped what she had in store would work. The tall teacher shifted her weight, seeing that there were still students getting off the train. The traffic had died down a lot from what it was before the explosion, though it was still cramped. She turned to Valorie with an arched eyebrow.

"It's nice to meet you as well Valorie….it's nice to see a student who asks for help when they need it." she smiled; she didn't want the poor girl taking the comment as a put down, it was more of a compliment since most young trainers needed to understand their Pokémon, and teach it to behave.

"I shall if you want and I could arrange something....I'm sure some people will need it, since certain Pokémon are less tolerating to cooperate."

((gemma nods alot xD oh and last post for the night~))

Nideous

Years
  • Thyme

Thyme looked downcast as Snype began talking. She gave a little bit of a 'humph' and thought a moment before speaking.

"Yeah, you may be right. I guess I can be a tad bit... Sharp sometimes. Anyways, like you said, it's over. Thank Arceus! And you know that fire types just rub me the wrong way. But it's all his fault. He stepped on my head, and then he acted like we were the ones doing something wrong! He derserved what he got! Maybe..." Thyme said, her tone escalating a bit, then dropping back to a soft and sad note at the end. She kind of did feel bad for him, but then again, he did attack her. No way she would forget that! And the next time she saw him, if he tried that again, there would be trouble. For whom she wasn't sure, but there would be trouble. Her head snapped up at what Gemma had said. Thyme felt she was being insulted. She walked away from Snype toward her and stared her dead in the eye. Thyme's gaze was so cold, she wondered why the teacher hadn't turned into an ice cube.

"Now, you listen here. Don't you ever imply that Brian is not good enough. Do you unnderstand? Don't you EVER say another thing about my trainer! Or me! I don't tolerate that kind of disrespect toward myself, and I'm not going to tolerate it toward Brian! I don't care that you're a teacher! I don't care that he's only ten! He is a far better trainer than you! You make me sick!" Thyme said, her tone starting out icy and leve, but it started raising and raising until she was shouting at Gemma. The dumb human had made the wrong move when she implied that Thyme acted the way she did because Brian was a bad trainer. The thought that Gemma might not even be talking about her directly never entered her mind.

Last edited:

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
    Years
  • Xavier

"M...My names Xavier, Xavier Starex Swif...." A flash of light and sound occured and Blaze appeared beside his trainer.

"Oh God no... Blaze return!" Xavier took out the pokeball and began to fire the beam at Blaze but he just kept jumping out of the way. Eventualy Xavier hunched over in defeat and Blaze walked towards Thyme.

Blaze

Blaze stopped right in front of her and looked down at her proudly from his upheld head.

"You stupid worm... I had my reasons for that... you don't simply insult ones bravery and dignity aswell as ones family over an honest mistake I made after overhearing your conversation in the bag... Never the less... I shouldn't have attacked you and should have further thought through the situation before jumping to conclusions and for that I am sorry." Blaze with held his paw in a handshake gesture much like that of humans.

"I do not expect you to accept this.... however I have already said what I had to say... I am simply giving you the option... wether you accpet or not is up to you." Blaze sat and waited for Thymes answer.

Nideous

Years
  • Thyme

Thyme continued to glare at Gemma until the Growlithe that attacked her stepped into view. Slowly, she turned her gaze to him. She pondered a moment before speaking.

"Oh? That's not much of an apology. But fine I accept. I may have gone a bit overboard myself. Whatever, it doesn't matter. And keep calling me a worm and see what happens. I am Thyme, not a worm!" Thyme said. That was probably the closest he was going to get to an apology from her. She extended her little hand and touched his paw gently before turning and walking back to Snype. She shook her head. Why was everyone so insistent on trying to make her mad? She's been having a bad enough day! If she had known she would get into not one but two fights, she would have just stayed in the pokemon center. She turned around with a sigh and slipped her arm around Snype. At least he was here. Hm... She changed her mind. No matter what was going on, she was definately glad she had convinced Snype to help her escape from that boring room. It had been quite easy, given his nature for causing mischief. But, she wondered what was going on next. She still hadn't taken her mind off of what that stupid teacher said. How dare she even think that her behavior was Brian's fault! How dare she even think Thyme's behavior was a problem at all! That's when she began glowing. Thyme groaned. God! Why now!? She was irritated enough as it was!

"Bloody evolution! Gah, I really need an Everstone," Thyme mumbled as she stepped away from Snype. Funny, why had it taken this long to happen? Well, she had been trying to block it out as best she could since she woke up. She began using Secret Power, channeling the evolution energy into the attack. Soon, her glowing changed from an evolutionary glow into the attack. The poorly controlled attack, which promptly backfired on her, sending her to her knees as her muscles seized up. She had been paralised by her own attack. She swore angrily and got to her feet after she could move again. She glared at everyone present, but slowly her expression softened into her usual scowl.

Last edited:

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
    Years
  • Blaze

Blaze was satisfied and was about to walk away when he heard the sound of an attack behind him.

He jumped into an attacking stance however quickly realised what had happened. He walked over to Thyme.

"Hmmmm... using evelutionary power as an attack is quite risky... it is known to stop the evolution but you could seriously hurt yourself..." Blaze said, a look of confusion spread across his face.

"But may I ask... why would you not want to evolve?"

Xavier

Xavier watched as his pokemon seemed to make peace with Thyme. He was glad. He decided to let him talk to them a bit more. It would be better if he could get to know others better... and Xavier realised he could take an example.

He approached the teacher, Miss Crane.

"M... Miss Crane? I'd also like to take those privare lessons if I could... I need to get to know Blaze better in order for us to be able to coopoerate." Xavier stated.

Megaman765

Years
  • Snype nodded happily. "There we go. Now maybe we can all get along eh?" Snype said happily as Thyme put her arm around him. He returned the gesture and smiled. He wasn't sure what to think when Thyme was yelling at the teacher. He supposed she had every right to speak her mind out. He wouldn't exactly like it if his trainer was claimed. He did like that the teacher had a good taste in Pokemon, saying that she admired ghost types.

Snype reacted immediately when Thyme tried to resist evolution. Poor girl... it must have been a real pain to go through that experience all the time. Snype wouldn't be able to know what its like to go through the process of evolution, not that he would want too. Snype figured he was fine as he was.

Snype kneeled down and held onto Thyme. "Thyme, You alright?" Snype asked. He could explain to blaze some reasons why a pokemon wouldn't want to evolve but he decided to let Thyme explain...

Mark

"Erm... thanks..." Mark said to her comment relating to his taste in Pokemon. Mark did have a thing for unusual Pokemon. He liked to keep his team unique from everyone else. He hadn't seen another Sableye or Porygon at the Academy at all yet which was good. Porygon was a rather rare Pokemon as is so he had something to brag about at least.

"Um... I'd like to take part as well. There's a Pokemon of mine that's had alot of trouble cooperating with me... I think it would help me out alot." Mark asked.

Nideous

Years
  • Thyme

Thyme sort of gave Blaze an icy stare. She shook her head and waved dismissively at him.

"Humph. You act like there's another way to not evolve. It's not like Brian is here to press the B button and stop it. Anyways... Why do I not want to evolve? Why should I? Why should I change who and what I am? I am happy as a Snivy. Can you guarentee I would be more happy as a Servine? No you can not. Some pokemon want to go through that sort of change as fast as they can. Some don't. It's as simple as that," Thyme said coolly. In truth, she was afraid of evolving. She was afraid that she would change in more ways than she wanted too. After all, pokemon got different personalities when they evolved. She was smart enough to understand this. And she didn't like it. She looked over at Snype, considering what he had and hadn't said for a moment.

"Yeah... I think I'm fine. Hm..." she said thoughtfully. She pondered why Blaze even wanted to know. It's not like he was her friend or anything. Did he really have any idea what was going through her mind? Hm... She thought a moment more.

"What about you Blaze... What do you think about evolving?" she asked.

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
    Years
  • Blaze

"Evolving..." Blaze thought.

"I think I have the same method of viewing it as you do, only I use the same points for a different arguement." Blaze said.

"I can't be sure I'll be happy if I evolve, but I don't know if I'll ever be happy if I don't... If I don't try I'll never know... they say some aspects of our personality change when we evolve... but all the memories I have, all the experiences I've been through... I'll still remember all of them... New form, personality, or whatever, I'm still me. So whem I get the chance to evolve I'll welcome it with open arms. Heck maybe change of personality would be good... have you ever stopped and thought about the positive impact it could make in your life and the life of others. I've never been happy as a growlithe... maybe as if I evolve, maybe if I became an Arcanine... things would be different..." Blaze finished.

"I can tell your afraid of evolving but it mightn't be such a bad thing... I mean if you evolve you'll be stronger right? I know you're thinking of the effects and the reprecutions it has on your personality... but sometimes change is a good thing." Blaze grabbed Thyme with his jaw and hoisted her up.

"It's not my decision to make for you but you should seriously consider both options before making your final decision." Blaze smiled.

"Y'know despite what I thought you really don't seem like a bad pokemon... your just a little... on edge... kinda like me! Ha!" Blaze laughed.

Megaman765

Years
  • Snype was rather confused with the whole talk about evolution. Considering he couldn't evolve himself, he didn't really know the feeling of choosing between evolving or not. However for some Pokemon, it would probobly be the trainer's choice if they wanted a Pokemon to evolve. It would make them stronger but also make them completely different.

"Heh... Can't really say I can relate to that feelling. I don't evolve. Not that I want to. Whatever form I'd take if I could evolve wouldn't be as charming, or look as good as I am right now! Kehehe!" Snype said cheerfully.

"Though... If I could evolve, I wonder what I'd look like? Heheh. I bet alot of Pokemon are eager to evolve because they don't like how they look. Take Len, My trainer's Poliwag for example. You wouldn't want to go your whole life without arms would ya?" He added.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • Valorie's Post

Valorie nodded at Gemma before turning her gaze towards where they were supposed to be heading. She then looked back at Mark and Xavier. She suddenly felt as if she were the only person that remembered they weren't here to stop and chat but rather they were supposed to keep moving. Regardless, this was coming from the girl who had fled the train as if it had been steadily shrinking around her. She passed it off as herself being impatient, but decided to mention something anyway.

"Hey guys..? Maybe we should start walking while we talk? I mean, we don't want to get left behind or miss out on any good seats or something..."

The fact that Xavier had been invited by her to come walk with them was implied. Valorie had just sort of assumed that there would be some sort of auditorium type deal at some point during the trip. It seemed somewhat appropriate anyway. After all, an exposition was when people talked about stuff, right? And they were just guests to watch, right? What better kind of place to hold such a thing? Regardless, it was all just theory for now. It was then that Valorie noticed that Gemma had a fraxure. She kept her approval to herself, though. She herself had a fraxure that had just evolved from an axew rather recently.

Nideous

Years
  • Thyme

Thyme nodded thoughtfully. That definately was something to think about. She was not going to consider evolving. But she wasn't against the concept. It just wasn't for her. She was about to comment on the subject when she was lifted off of the ground. She freaked out.

"Let me go!" she yelled, reaching out with her vines and smacking Blaze on his nose. She glared angrily at Blaze. Stupid mutt! At least that was all she did to him. She barely stopped herself from launching a tirade against him. That would not be good. She really didn't like most people touching her.

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
    Years
  • Blaze

"Ow! You worm! What was that for, it was completely unecesary! I was just trying to help you up and you... you whipped me!!!" Blaze cried. He charged up a fire fang.

"Oh your so dea...." A beam of red energy enveloped Blaze and returned him to his pokeball.

Xavier

"Not again..." Xavier said quickly catching Blaze in his pokeball.

"Silly Blaze... you need to control yourself more..."

"Hey guys..? Maybe we should start walking while we talk? I mean, we don't want to get left behind or miss out on any good seats or something..." Valorie said.

So they still would have him tag along with them? After all that? Hmm, that made Xavier smile a little.

"Right then lets go..."Xavier said plainly as he ran up beside Valorie.

"So umm... where exactly should we be going?"

Megaman765

Years
  • Snype

Snype in a defensive position as Growlithe was about to get another fight started due to Thymes actions. Thankfully Xavier called him back on time and there wasn't any need for round two. Both Mark and Snype were relieved at least. Snype turned to look at Thyme and gave a disapproving look. He knew she didn't like to be touched but Blaze didn't know that...

"Aw Thyme what am I gonna do with you? Hehehe" Snype said with a bit of cheerfulness.

Mark

"Geez... good thing you returned him when you did. I was afraid there would be another fight..." Mark said. He turned to Val and nodded with approval.

"Yeah we should start moving. Let's just be glad we didn't get into too much trouble. Comon lets go." Mark said as he picked up his bag and looked down at both Thyme and Snype. He didn't think they would be in too much trouble if they did a little bit of walking along the way.

Nideous

Years
  • Thyme

Thyme frowned at Snype. What? He was acting as though this was her fault or something. He knew she didn't like to be touched. And after that fight with Blaze, the mutt should have been smart enough to realise that she wouldn't like him in her personal space. So why were they acting like it was her fault? Whatever. She was a tad bit hurt that Snype had not taken her side, and as such, her next few words had a certain edge to them.

"He really should have expected that after he tried to bite my head off! And anyways, he is the one that kept it going. You know I don't like being touched. Humph, it's not like anyone really noticed... Or cared, since it took a total stranger to come over and take care of me when I was surrounded by my friends. Anyways. we should follow along with the others," Thyme said quietly. She knew she was just being spiteful. But the events that had just happened had hurt her, and she was lashing out at Snype. He didn't deserve that. She opened her mouth to speak again, but she couldn't say anything for several moments.

"Snype... I... I'm sorry..." she said. She tried to take the hurtful words back. But the words had been said. She looked down at the ground. She wanted to say something that would fix things. The whole time since she had gotten off the train she had been messing things up. She shook her head slowly and walked over to Mark. She vaguely wondered if she could get away with climbing up on Mark's shoulder. Probably. But then, Brian would most likely be able to see her. So... She'd have to walk along on the ground and possibly get stepped on. Fan-freaking-tastic. She looked apologetically back at Synpe.

Megaman765

Years
  • Snype snickered and walked alongside Thyme, placing his arm around her neck. "Hehehe, Hey don't sweat it! Water under the bridge you know? Hey I'm not here to blame anybody! Stuff happens. Hey I've gotten myself in worse trouble back then and I've put that all in the past! Hehehe." Snype said with his usual large grin.

"But hey, lets save the trouble making for after the trip eh? Gotta save all of it for when we really need it! Let's just enjoy ourselves for now! Alrighty?" Snype nuzzled Thyme a little and continued following the trainers to the expo, keeping close to Mark so nobody steps on them.

TrainerGiza

that really burns my poffins..
    Years
  • Gemma looked on as Thyme and the Growlithe made an unusual compromise. The scene was odd, but she was glad that it didn't fly out of proportion. She then turned to the boy with brown hair; whose name she knew now was Xavier.

"Heh, it's very nice to meet you Xavier…and yes you may. Also… something funny…" she lightly touched her Xatu on the head, he chirped lightly.

"My Xatu here is also named Xavier." She smiled. She nodded at Mark, also saying he wanted the classes. She hardly thought that they really needed them, since she hoped her normal lessons in class would help them. But on the other hand she could start them, and then if they continued to need it, she wouldn't hesitate to continue the help. Gemma observed that the little grass Pokémon didn't want to evolve. With all the Pokémon she had been around, that was a uncommon choice. It wasn't that she thought it was wrong or anything, it just showed a little more of Thyme's character to her. She then became smug, nodded and followed the newly introduced students.

Gemma could only recall going to one of these expos the past right around the time when she first started going to contests. She didn't go to the city to go to one of those, they were just traveling through then decided to attend. As they walked, Gemma wanted to continue the conversation, but she was happy lightly talking to her Pokémon every once in a while. It was funny in a way, since she was around so many people; this was the time she fell into her loner state. Fiona was a little happy for it at the moment.

Last edited:
    Back