• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you a loner?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
  • I like to enjoy my time alone. I kinda value it in a way. But the feeling of "loneliness" is something I do not like. It's actually unhealthy if you don't interact with people for a long period of time. Being new in a city and all, I was able to get in touch with a few friends here, so at least I do not feel too lonely.

Years
  • I'm a very lonely person as far as real life is concerned, and this mainly draws from the massive fear of bullying that I've been suffering since I was in primary school. It's also why I have had no real life friends ever, meaning I heavily rely on PC when it comes to chatting. PC members who I've talked to here are like the friends I never had.

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
    Years
  • Being alone for me is a horrible feeling. I will admit there are moments where I want to be alone, but in most cases I would like to be with other people.

I am definitely more on the social side than the loner side. I have a large group of close friends and I have friends in most places I go. For example, I go to a design and architecture university: I'm a third year, but most of my friends are in second and I still have lots of friends in third. However, I'll be friends with some first years, some 4th/5th years as well as some architecture people and then I've also got friends from the other 3 campuses here and friends from other universities. For the shy part, I'm totally the same, but after I get to know them for about a week, it's cool between us.

Only downside is I am kinda shy upon meeting new people haha but I really like making friends wherever I go.

Thanks god I'm not the only one. The idea of being by myself makes me cringe. I love socializing with people. I'm happy I'm not a loner, the word itself seems a bit boring. I'm always happy making new friends. When I go out, it's literally impossible for me not to bring a friend along with so we go chat. At school, I never spend my breaks alone. I'm always playing something like soccer or socializing with other people.

I wish I could be more social but it's so hard, especially when the students in the school around you have the maturity of a 9 year old.
    Being mature sucks. I'm probably like one of these type of students you're talking about.

Years
  • {:3}

I like to talk with other people, even if its a stranger! I learned how to talk to strangers here. Unknown people sending me a friend requests, and something like that :P

Though if that happened in real life, I'd probably be more hesitant.

With that being said, I'm generally much more socially adept online than offline. For the most part, only my close friends know how dorky, clumsy, etc. I can be since my true colours have only been shown to a handful of people, particularly my boyfriend who accepts every weird cell of my being.

I'm like the majority of people here, I wouldn't consider myself a complete recluse even when I prefer solitude over going out with friends any day. And having said boyfriend be as much a hermit as I am, think that may have contributed to becoming slightly more of a loner. Though I don't mind the occasional outing whenever situations call for it, just once in a while since I need to recoup my energies and what-not.

Years
  • I haven't been very good at being able to find other people to talk to. Yet I keep saying that i'm gonna try to, but I never do. Although last week I attended some events the Anime Club at college hosted...

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    You know I've thought about this a lot and I think I was never actually a loner. I think I hid away because I was afraid of being judged/made fun of or being put into a situation that would give me tons of anxiety, but deep down I was longing to join those things. I enjoy my alone time, but ultimately I love going out with my friends and meeting new people. I'm just really glad I've gotten over those things that were holding me back

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I really like being alone, but I don't think I am a loner. I go out with friends around once a week (Well used, but well, sickness, but I'm getting back into it) and I have different groups of people I regularly interact with. That said, I love just sitting in my room with my pc on and my curtains closed. There is just something about hentai Anime that friends can't replace...

Outlier

I'm a loner in the sense that I don't put in much effort into being social or making friends outside of the internet. When I do try I usually find it pretty difficult but I'm not a misanthrope. Just like most people I crave interaction with others and get lonely when by myself for too long. I think succumbing to pressure and isolating myself during my formative years made me a bit more withdrawn than I'd like to be.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    Let's see...I haven't really interacted with people irl for at least 2 years, it's hard for me to talk to people on the forums and whenever I'm in a chat, I just sit idly by, read about the fun other people have, always unable to participate in the chatting myself.

Whatever you interpret out of those statements shall be my answer.

Years
  • I'm definitely a loner. Sure I have friends that I talk to, but it's super minimal. I like keeping to myself more irl and I absolutely HATE hanging out with people. I don't know why but I just can't be social. Even when my friends call me to go out, I usually make some stupid excuse why I can't or if I'm peer pressured to do it I just go into this state of like depression + anger. It's really weird. It's like I'm mad that I can't be by myself and I'm sad that I have to leave my room... yeah I'm a weird person.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • I'm both an extrovert and a lonewolf. And I love being that.

I'm set apart from the others as my own unique thing while still getting my interaction with others. People seek me out, or I seek them out. It is never a flock affair.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm definitely a loner. I don't like being around people, and if I am around people, I want to be left alone. I prefer quiet over the need to make small talk just to fill the air with noise.

I'm probably like this because my family are all loners too, so I was never raised around large groups of people. And in school, it was easier to keep by myself rather than face any bullying from trying to interact with others.

Right now, I don't really want to change. I'm perfectly happy as an island, surrounded by my books and poetry to protect me. There's your Simon and Garfunkel reference, everyone.

Back