• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ace675

Game Tester/Beta Tester
Years
  • Seen Jan 29, 2012
Hi in advanced map when i want to put wild pokemon in it comes up with 12 and i only want like 1 to 4. and when i start the game to test it out there's questions pokemon in the wild and not the pokemon i want and also i have tried the lvl thing with 1 to 1 i put it 0 to 0.
I am using: Advanced Map 1.92
Pokemon Game: Pokemon Firered
Map: Pallet Town

Rikuthemaster

Professional Douchebag
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 10, 2012
Well, no one answered mine yet, so if it's cool, I'd like to repost it.

Ok, I've been having a bit of a problem. I've been wanting to put in a custom trainer in place of Giovanni in Pokemon Fire Red using UNLZ.GBA, using the same palatte as Koga. However, even when I put in the palatte offset for Koga, it's still a bunch of random colors due to a crappy palatte. :|

So, my question is, how do I get my trainer to get the color palatte I want (Koga's)?

KhaosKnight

The 1 and only Khaotic Hacker
Years
  • Seen May 28, 2015
Hi in advanced map when i want to put wild pokemon in it comes up with 12 and i only want like 1 to 4. and when i start the game to test it out there's questions pokemon in the wild and not the pokemon i want and also i have tried the lvl thing with 1 to 1 i put it 0 to 0.
I am using: Advanced Map 1.92
Pokemon Game: Pokemon Firered
Map: Pallet Town

Well lets say you want 4 pokes in one route, but there are 12 slots, and i want a pikachu, rattata, pidgy, and a charmander.

Instead of entering them like this in AMap:
pikachu
rattata
pidgy
charmander
unk
unk
unk
unk
unk
unk
unk
unk

you would add them like this:

pikachu
pikachu
pikachu
pikachu
rattata
rattata
rattata
rattata
pidgy
pidgy
pidgy
pidgy
charmander
charmander
charmander
charmander

that way you can have only four pokes, and you dont have to worry about the "?" things.

Does that make since?

alo

Years
Well, no one answered mine yet, so if it's cool, I'd like to repost it.

Ok, I've been having a bit of a problem. I've been wanting to put in a custom trainer in place of Giovanni in Pokemon Fire Red using UNLZ.GBA, using the same palatte as Koga. However, even when I put in the palatte offset for Koga, it's still a bunch of random colors due to a crappy palatte. :|

So, my question is, how do I get my trainer to get the color palatte I want (Koga's)?

You must actually change the pallette using Advanced Palette Editor. Remember offset of Giovanni's palette, then type it into APE. Change it to your likings and save.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Here is a question I haven't seen anywhere on PC...

Is there a way I can make Deoxys Change, into any form I want, like on Diamond and Pearl, only can I do this on Pokemon FireRed Version. (I want to be able to have Deoxys change from it's attack mode [firered only] to speed, normal, or defense, at the players will! Can anyone explain this for me?

ckk

Years
  • Seen Aug 28, 2009
zYo is there a way to change the speed of your bike
like make it go slower or faster then the usual speed

Rikuthemaster

Professional Douchebag
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 10, 2012
Ok, I got the Palettes to work, but i'm having another problem. This has probably been posted before, but whenever I go to UNLZ.gba to replace a trainer, occasionally, it says that the compressed size is too big, and it's aborting.

Any idea how to fix this?

ckk

Years
  • Seen Aug 28, 2009
@rikuthemaster
make the trainer your gonna use as the replacement smaller or u can uncheck the abort if bigger option which may cause some bugs and glitches in the game

Cy-Chan

GSC Hacker
Years
Hm, I want to add a new Overworld to Fire Red (using Darthatron's tutorial). If I create a new entry that points to an already used sprite (say Zapdos or something) it works fine, but when I point to my new sprite, it shows a Missingno. instead.

Can anyone help with this?

Melash

Back for now.
Years
Okay, here are my questions:
1. What are the TLP numbers for tilesets 2,3,4,... in GS?
2. After applying the titlescreen patch, what offset do I go to in TLP to edit it? (GS)
Thanks!

Years
  • Seen Aug 4, 2008
I have what's probably a really simple question. In Advance Map, I'm trying to make the ice that you slide right across (like in the cave before Blackthorn City in Gen 2), but I don't know how. Does it involve the Movement Permissions?

KhaosKnight

Years
  • Seen May 28, 2015
I have what's probably a really simple question. In Advance Map, I'm trying to make the ice that you slide right across (like in the cave before Blackthorn City in Gen 2), but I don't know how. Does it involve the Movement Permissions?

i am not quite sure about this but i think it only involves the Behavior byte of the Ice tile you are using. Either that you a level script, try to find a map that uses slding ice tiles that is already in FR/LG or R/S/E. And check the beavior bytes of the tiles and the Level scripts

Years
  • Seen Aug 4, 2008
i am not quite sure about this but i think it only involves the Behavior byte of the Ice tile you are using. Either that you a level script, try to find a map that uses slding ice tiles that is already in FR/LG or R/S/E. And check the beavior bytes of the tiles and the Level scripts
Wow, it does already have it programmed in, thanks!

While I'm on the topic of the movement, are half of the functions (0, 1, 2, 1A, 1B, etc) even useful? I'm only used 3: water, walkable places, and unwalkable places.

KhaosKnight

Years
  • Seen May 28, 2015
I have one question:

Where are the open 27 slots to put more pokemon in the game?

They come after the Jhoto pokemon and right before the Hoenn pokemon, and if you want UNLZ numbers then we will need to know what game this is for(ie. FR/LG or R/S/E)

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
It seems I got flooded out... I'll ask again...

Is there a way to be able to change Deoxys mid-game. (Switching between Attack form, Defense form, Speed form, and Normal form) You can do it is Pokemon Diamond and Pearl, is there a way I could do this on Pokemon FireRed version too?

Cy-Chan

GSC Hacker
Years
It seems I got flooded out... I'll ask again...

Is there a way to be able to change Deoxys mid-game. (Switching between Attack form, Defense form, Speed form, and Normal form) You can do it is Pokemon Diamond and Pearl, is there a way I could do this on Pokemon FireRed version too?

You can do it with ASM. However, you'll need to add the three other Deoxys, since FireRed only has the attack form.

Sgt. Custard

Novice Hacker
Years
I've seen multi-choice messageboxes mentioned in only one place and that's thex4's scripting tut, but it didn't say how to do it, so my question is: is it possible to/how do you make scripts involving a messagebox where you have the option of answering out of a choice of options - not yes and no but something like:

"Hello, where would you like to go?"

*Pallet town
*Pewter city
*Celadon city
*Cinnabar island

And you choose one, thus setting a number 0-3 to LASTRESULT depending on your answer.

Is this possible and if so, how? Thanks a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back