• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Are you a boy or a girl?"

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    I usually am a boy the first time I play, but in those games in which our rival is always the opposite gender, I take the girl while I play the second time because I want to see what kind of dialogues have they slotted in the male character.

Years
  • I always pick male. Becuase I am male I never thought about it really, maybe I do not want to lie to the person who asks me for my gender :P

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Female. That's a definite.

If I'm replaying, doing a challenge, or playing as an original character I made, then there's a chance that I'll choose male.

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    I picked a girl first time I played Crystal just because the gender choice was new at the time. Ever since, I've chosen to play as a boy.

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2016
    On the main copy, I'll play as a male, then a female to see any minor differences. In X/Y, it seems like the girls get more outfits, so I tried both.

RedWarrior702

Returning to the community!
    Years
  • I always choose male because playing as the same gender as myself makes the game feel like I'm the one within the game, as I usually give the character my name too :D

Years
  • I choose the boy most of the time, but if the female design is far superior, then I won't mind playing as her. For example, I didn't even hesitate in RSE when choosing to play as May, haha. I did eventually do a few play-throughs with Brendan, but I prefer May.

Years
  • If there's two versions, I always play as both genders. With "third" games (Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, and Plat.) I'll play as the character design I prefer. (Though, in Plat's case, because I also got an imported copy I ended up playing as both genders.) I just like being able to play as different people and not the same person/gender every playthrough.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Unless I'm playing XD or Colosseum, I play as a girl. They always have the better designs, and not once have I ever even considered using the guy when given the option. It's gotten to the point where I pretty much choose "Girl" by instinct now.

Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2020
    I always play all of the games of a given gen, so I end up playing both player characters. I generally start with the boy, just because I am one, but my second playthrough is with the girl, just so that it's different.

The only exception to that is DPPt. I just can't play as Dawn - I much prefer having her as a separate character and being able to interact with her.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2021
    Usually guy, but every now and then I choose the one which has the superior design. (Except Brendan's hat>>>all designs.)

Back