• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ROM Hack's Recommendations

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2016
    Well, I read every hack on the forum and no one's here have all pkmn fossils yet, so that's why I'm asking here, if so I wouldn't...

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • Well, I read every hack on the forum and no one's here have all pkmn fossils yet, so that's why I'm asking here, if so I wouldn't...

You have LCCoolJ95's Theta Emerald.
    It have all the Pokemons from Generations I to V.
    It doesn't have Amaura or Tyrunt, but you can replace 4 Random Pokemons that you don't like too much and put them yourself.
    (Those 4 could be.. i don't know.. Sableye, Stantler, Basculin and Emolga, for example)

Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2017
    Just got finished playing the Volt white series 1 and 2 are there any pokemon hacks using the black and white game engine?

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2015
    Looking for a ROM hack but I've had bad experiences in the past.

Things I need:

• Character-based story
    • Balanced gameplay, no grinding required and no spamming single move over and over
    • Witty dialogue
    Things I want:

• Custom music, preferably using conventional instruments (drums, guitar, bass, piano, trumpets, ect.)
    • Fakemon (if done well; no photoshop, original inspiration)
    • Unique moves
    • Interesting setting and plot
    • All double battles
    • Open world
    • Character development
    Things I could live without:

• Mapping
    • Graphics
    • Pokemon from Gen 4 and above/Fairy type
    • All pokemon catchable
    • Special features (physical/special split, seasons, mega evolutions, ect.)
    Things that strike me as red flags:

• Stolen music/unattributed tile sets
    • Mute protagonist/protagonist with no character traits
    • Dialogue containing memes/references
    • Illogical characters
    • Fake difficulty
    Note I dislike the Gen 3 portable games and like the Gen 3 console games. I've lost touch with the main series after Gen 5. I did not like Gen 5's storyline, but I liked the idea of a story intensive Pokemon game.

I'd also like a Gen 3 hack that's "average". Something that will give me a glimpse at what hacks generally try to do, storyline-wise, gameplay-wise, graphics-wise, and feature-wise.

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2023
    Hello,

I want to playthe new ORAS Hack from drayano and i also want to do a playthrough of all other pokemon games. It should be very challenging.
    So i want to ask you what in your opinion the most difficult hacks (that keep the original story!) for FireRead/LeafGreen, Platinum (Pearl/Diamond), Black/White and Black 2/White 2 are.

I have already played Black/White (2) from Drayano (Blaze Black/White (2))

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2016
    Best Hacked ROM

Which Hacked ROM is the most worth downloading and playing here?

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2015
    SEARCHING FOR FIRE RED HACK

Hi. I`ve been looking for a fire red room hack with the exactly same story an mechanic of fire red, the only difference is that you are able to catch all 151 pokemon. I`ve already searched and found nothing. Do you guys know if there is anything like that?

Years
  • hello everyone. iam new here and I like to play pokemon hacks. I have completed all the original and I have also played many hacks and I like to play them I have completed many like glazed dark rising 1and2 so please tell me any other hacks please help me

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2015
    Hack Recommendations (Mostly 1st Gen. Pokemon)

I'm looking for a hack reminiscent of Pokemon Red Adventure.
    Would like mostly 1st Gen. Pokemon or Gen 1-3.
    Multiple Regions.
    Rely's heavily on Story/Events.

thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen May 6, 2016
    Searching For a Hack Rom

Hi, im searching for a hack rom and i hope dat u can help me.
    I just want to ask if there is a hack rom with these characteristics.

-GBA hack room
    -2 or more regions playable
    -Difficult

OPTIONAL(i dont care if it cant be)
    -Red is the main character

And anotther question is that if there is a hack rom like fire red/leaf green but on pokemon yellow.

PD:sry if i have some fails but im not english

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2017
    Im looking for a hack with fakemon mostly but not the parody kind like a region with actual unique pokemon to itself I used to play pokemon sienna but it was really just too buggy for me :(

So ill take all the fakemon hack games i can get : )

Thank you for the help :D

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    Im looking for a hack with fakemon mostly but not the parody kind like a region with actual unique pokemon to itself I used to play pokemon sienna but it was really just too buggy for me :(

So ill take all the fakemon hack games i can get : )

Thank you for the help :D

Blatant self-advertisement time, try clicking on the link in my signature. My hack doesn't have a tonne of fakemon (they're sporadically mixed in with regular Pokemon) but I make sure that they're high quality and I'd like to think anyone who enjoys fakemon games will like Cyan's fakemon. Give it a shot and let me know what you think!

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2017
    Blatant self-advertisement time, try clicking on the link in my signature. My hack doesn't have a tonne of fakemon (they're sporadically mixed in with regular Pokemon) but I make sure that they're high quality and I'd like to think anyone who enjoys fakemon games will like Cyan's fakemon. Give it a shot and let me know what you think!

Ive actually already played that hack already Chrunch but good recommendation seeing as how its also yours haha but really, great game bro

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
    Years
  • Hi everyone just wanted to know if there is any rom hack game not about pokemon (Final fantasy if possible, but anything is ok), tried to google it but couldn't find anything out there. Thanks

I wanted to know if there is any non-pokemon rom hack out there, i googled it and didnt find anything all was about pokemon
    Romhacking.net is a site with all kinds of different rom hacks. There are many Final Fantasy hacks out there for instance.
    For Final Fantasy VII specifically (if you're interested in mods of that) and maybe VIII too, there are different kinds of modifications which aren't usually called hacks although they're pretty much the same thing (they aren't modifications of one file but many). These can't be find in that site I linked though (because they're not rom hacks).

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2017
    Can someone recommend me a hack with shadow pokemon in it? I Love shadow pokemon so any help would be appreciated :)

Back