• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: The Leola Project

Winter Wonderland

Puts the fun in dysfunctional
Years
  • It's too bad for me that the file is IPS instead of Zip. I would totally love to play your hack on my android phone. I have been struggling to get out of IPS file on my computer and I eventually gave up. This is a hack I definitely don't want to miss out.

I'm not sure if you're saying you don't know how to use .ips

If that's the case, do the following:

Download a Fire Red ROM, it'll come in a .zip, most likely. Extract it so it's just "Pokemon Fire Red.gba"

Open up Lunar IPS, click Apply Patch, double click on "The Leola Project Summer Beta.ips" then double click on "Pokemon Fire Red.gba"

Put that back onto a zip, transfer it to your Android phone, done deal.

DBKHD

Elite Saiyan
    Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2022
    The problem I've had with Lunar IPS is that when I download it, I have been unable to open it due to it not being a "valid Win32 application". Basically I can't open it.

Winter Wonderland

Years
  • The problem I've had with Lunar IPS is that when I download it, I have been unable to open it due to it not being a "valid Win32 application". Basically I can't open it.

I see, I see. Well, unfortunately, I can't send you the ROM directly. I apologize.

On an unrelated note, you should send me your email.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • Hey Everyone. I hacked into Winter's computer and found the patch, but she traced me and made me sign a NDA. So while I have the Beta, I figure I'll do a little review for you all.

The Leola Project: Beta 1 Review. [PG-13]

The Game does starts off like every other, but then it gets you going. I'm liking the scripting so far, it makes it feel a little more... personal and funny. It's not a hugely differnent hack so far, but I think it's just different enough to keep you interested. A few shockers.
    Getting past the intoductions, you don't have a lot of Pokémon to catch from. To be expected from early from, but a little disapointed nevertheless. The mapping in pretty good.
    Those are my beginging thoughts.

Frosty~

Pancakes are a girl's BFF
    Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2021
    This might be just me, but when I try to nickname Eevee, the nickname screen shows some question marks where Eevee's icon should be. And it didn't even get nicknamed when I typed it in. Just wanted to know if you knew about that already.

Winter Wonderland

Years
  • Hey Everyone. I hacked into Winter's computer and found the patch, but she traced me and made me sign a NDA. So while I have the Beta, I figure I'll do a little review for you all.

The Leola Project: Beta 1 Review. [PG-13]

The Game does starts off like every other, but then it gets you going. I'm liking the scripting so far, it makes it feel a little more... personal and funny. It's not a hugely differnent hack so far, but I think it's just different enough to keep you interested. A few shockers.
    Getting past the intoductions, you don't have a lot of Pokémon to catch from. To be expected from early from, but a little disapointed nevertheless. The mapping in pretty good.
    Those are my beginging thoughts.

Thanks for the review so far. Keep on keeping on. Don't worry, the introduction is gonna be a little slow, but it's gonna get a bit more intricate as we go along. No worries. n_n I'll be sure to keep you on your toes.

This might be just me, but when I try to nickname Eevee, the nickname screen shows some question marks where Eevee's icon should be. And it didn't even get nicknamed when I typed it in. Just wanted to know if you knew about that already.

Sweetie, I think that might just be your ROM.

0yooLBx.png
    aby0zTK.png

Make sure you're using BPRE1.0 and not 1.1

M.L

Invisible
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2017
    Well I started playing this and I must say so far I am enjoying it, I do enjoy the humour in it to be honest and the scripting is superb!

Im looking forward to the next beta great job!

~Shy

Excuse my grammar I'm Filipino
    Years
  • I like the idea of recolored text name but you should recolor npc name when they talk
    example:
    Mom:Oh! Before I forget...

Winter Wonderland

Years
  • Well I started playing this and I must say so far I am enjoying it, I do enjoy the humour in it to be honest and the scripting is superb!

Im looking forward to the next beta great job!

Wonderful. Make sure to come back and tell us what you thought of the beta as a whole--and if you can find the sidequest.

I like the idea of recolored text name but you should recolor npc name when they talk
    example:

Wonderful idea, Shy. We're working on implementing that now. Thanks for suggesting it. :)

Lucifer-san

[i]Recently Revived Zombie[/i]
    Years
  • Just thought I should stop by here before I continue my walkthrough of the game. Only bug I have come across on my part so far is the fact that sometimes the word Pokemon or parts of it are randomly inserted into sentences. That may be my rom because I have had it for quite some time but not really a big problem, I'm liking the way the story line is progressing and the level curve is rounded out quite well. I haven't had any real problems battle-wise accept for the first gym which was just a tough challenge because I was slightly under-leveled. I'll make a more complete review once I finish going through the game.

*Don't mind the part about the text just went and checked my messages.

Last edited:

Winter Wonderland

Years
  • Just thought I should stop by here before I continue my walkthrough of the game. Only bug I have come across on my part so far is the fact that sometimes the word Pokemon or parts of it are randomly inserted into sentences. That may be my rom because I have had it for quite some time but not really a big problem, I'm liking the way the story line is progressing and the level curve is rounded out quite well. I haven't had any real problems battle-wise accept for the first gym which was just a tough challenge because I was slightly under-leveled. I'll make a more complete review once I finish going through the game.

*Don't mind the part about the text just went and checked my messages.

Yeah, if you download the patch from this thread, it's a bug-free(to my knowledge) version.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Hi WinterWonderland,

I am really enjoying this game so far. The story has been very interesting and the leveling has been just right.

I encountered two bugs so far: The old lady in Lake Mark does not have a script (although she did not freeze my game). Also, when I defeated Aaron (and the 2nd gym leader as well) I did not receive a badge.

Hope these help.

DBKHD

Elite Saiyan
    Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2022
    Winter Wonderland, I've played your hack. ;) It looks pretty good. I will be looking forward to it when it is completed.

By the way, on the second entrance in the Mt. Andy, is that the end of beta?

Last edited:

Winter Wonderland

Years
  • Hi WinterWonderland,

I am really enjoying this game so far. The story has been very interesting and the leveling has been just right.

I encountered two bugs so far: The old lady in Lake Mark does not have a script (although she did not freeze my game). Also, when I defeated Aaron (and the 2nd gym leader as well) I did not receive a badge.

Hope these help.

Winter Wonderland, I've played your hack. ;) It looks pretty good. I will be looking forward to it when it is completed.

By the way, on the second entrance in the Mt. Andy, is that the end of beta?

Uh. No, it isn't. :3 The hack goes a ways beyond that. The second entrance to Mt. Andy is still pretty far into the beginning, you have to do a little quest beforehand, and then travel through Sinclaire City, Lake Mark, the Sinclaire settlement, Fordekkin Forest/Beach, and so on. :3

Version 1.1 has been uploaded with some bugfixes. :3

Last edited:
    Back