• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: The Leola Project

DBKHD

Elite Saiyan
Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2022
    Ah, I see. When a guy told me to go to the east inside the cave, which I did, and then enter into second part of Mt. Andy, I don't see anything except the Thunderstone. There doesn't seem to be another entrance. I guess I should look around more. Maybe I will find something.... lol

Winter Wonderland

Puts the fun in dysfunctional
    Years
  • Ah, I see. When a guy told me to go to the east inside the cave, which I did, and then enter into second part of Mt. Andy, I don't see anything except the Thunderstone. There doesn't seem to be another entrance. I guess I should look around more. Maybe I will find something.... lol

Oh, yeah. Definitely. There's a lot more to go, dear. You haven't fully experienced Play Me Casually's beta. :3

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
    Years
  • Wow, the scripting is so superb! I tip my hack to your scripter, he's a genius! And I bet he's pretty studly too.

Falsever

Nation Blue
    Years
  • I played this and I fell in love! <333
    Seriously, the storyline's great and unique.
    The maps are going great with FireRed tiles, I like them. :)
    But well, you should work on the tree shadow, FireRed trees suck without it.

Other than that, best of luck! :)

Winter Wonderland

Years
  • I played this and I fell in love! <333
    Seriously, the storyline's great and unique.
    The maps are going great with FireRed tiles, I like them. :)
    But well, you should work on the tree shadow, FireRed trees suck without it.

Other than that, best of luck! :)

Thanks for the review. n_n Glad you liked it.

BlissyMKW

Rawr
    Years
  • I played a bit of this, and from what I played, it was really good. I liked how Eevee was the starter this time around, along with the fact that you have some different options for things to catch early on, especially since Poliwag is avalible in Mt. Andy so you can pretty much destroy the first gym if you raise it up a bit so it's Bubble will pack more of a punch. I only normally play up until the first gym so I can make a first impressions video, but with the little bit that I played, I really enjoyed it :)

socko

[i]VERY ANGER!!![/i]
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen May 18, 2020
    The vast maps of the region kept me wondering as to what was at every corner. The places are fully explorable, and there is a touch of just enough placements of trees, paths, and bushes so that no map will look empty. Good job, Winter Wonderland! This is one of the hacks that I have enjoyed the most thus far, since 2011. The only error that I can seem to spot is how Eevee's mouth seems to be bleeding or it seems to be wearing lip gloss in the Oak/Harold intro :)

Falsever

Nation Blue
    Years
  • The vast maps of the region kept me wondering as to what was at every corner. The places are fully explorable, and there is a touch of just enough placements of trees, paths, and bushes so that no map will look empty. Good job, Winter Wonderland! This is one of the hacks that I have enjoyed the most thus far, since 2011. The only error that I can seem to spot is how Eevee's mouth seems to be bleeding or it seems to be wearing lip gloss in the Oak/Harold intro :)
    Well, I don't think it's an error (Eevee).
    That's the original FireRed sprite so blame Game Freak.

Winter Wonderland

Years
  • I played a bit of this, and from what I played, it was really good. I liked how Eevee was the starter this time around, along with the fact that you have some different options for things to catch early on, especially since Poliwag is avalible in Mt. Andy so you can pretty much destroy the first gym if you raise it up a bit so it's Bubble will pack more of a punch. I only normally play up until the first gym so I can make a first impressions video, but with the little bit that I played, I really enjoyed it :)

Well, I'm glad you liked it! Yeah, I got mixed reviews about the Pokemon selection, people saying that the 1st gym was way too hard, but I figured they just weren't searching hard enough to find that poliwag. :3

The vast maps of the region kept me wondering as to what was at every corner. The places are fully explorable, and there is a touch of just enough placements of trees, paths, and bushes so that no map will look empty. Good job, Winter Wonderland! This is one of the hacks that I have enjoyed the most thus far, since 2011. The only error that I can seem to spot is how Eevee's mouth seems to be bleeding or it seems to be wearing lip gloss in the Oak/Harold intro :)

Thanks! I greatly appreciate your comments. It's stuff like that that keeps me and my team goin'. I'm glad you enjoyed our game. Also, as Rizon said, that is the default Eevee sprite. So, maybe we can switch 'em with HGSS or some DPPT sprites.

Lucifer-san

[i]Recently Revived Zombie[/i]
    Years
  • Alright just got around to finishing the main storyline in the game and I can say from my overall experience that I thoroughly enjoyed the game. The game was a welcomed experience for me with it somewhat darker story, and decision making options. I didn't have any problems with any of the gyms after searching for the correct Pokemon, poliwag and machop respectively, and the difficulty was at a nice level overall. The maps are never too empty as to make it seem as if it was unrealistic and besides some people giving referencing the base game I ran into no problems after updating it. Overall my experience with the game was quite the experience and I was left wanting to find out what was going to happen next. I will definitely make sure to get this when it's finished, so good job on the effort so far. Until then, time marches on.

Team So Far:
    Lv21 Jolteon Female
    Lv23 Swellow Female
    Lv18 Machop Male
    Lv15 Poliwag Male
    Lv15 Mantine Male
    Lv14 Seviper Male

Winter Wonderland

Years
  • Alright just got around to finishing the main storyline in the game and I can say from my overall experience that I thoroughly enjoyed the game. The game was a welcomed experience for me with it somewhat darker story, and decision making options. I didn't have any problems with any of the gyms after searching for the correct Pokemon, poliwag and machop respectively, and the difficulty was at a nice level overall. The maps are never too empty as to make it seem as if it was unrealistic and besides some people giving referencing the base game I ran into no problems after updating it. Overall my experience with the game was quite the experience and I was left wanting to find out what was going to happen next. I will definitely make sure to get this when it's finished, so good job on the effort so far. Until then, time marches on.

Team So Far:
    Lv21 Jolteon Female
    Lv23 Swellow Female
    Lv18 Machop Male
    Lv15 Poliwag Male
    Lv15 Mantine Male
    Lv14 Seviper Male
    I'm glad you enjoyed the game! The key to this game, as you've discovered, is just finding the right Pokemon. Don't worry, progress on The Leola Project will continue shortly. We're just taking a brief break. We'll try not to disappoint!

What do you mean by "giving referencing the base game" ?

Also, two new support banners make their way onto the scene, thanks to Countryemo! Check the original post if you wanna see them. :3

Lucifer-san

[i]Recently Revived Zombie[/i]
    Years
  • That should have been "giving references", as in I would talk to certain people and they would have their original dialogue from Fire Red.

Years
  • I've just started playing this and I'm really enjoying it. The fact that that Eevee is the starter and the diverse options of early wild pokémon let me build a very different team from all the other games.

So, my favourite eeveelution is Umbreon. Will it be possible to evolve Eevee into it? Or is it just the Kanto evolutions? Will you put a clock system or another method to get it in later releases?

Are the gym battles mandatory for completing the game or I can just skip them?

Other than that I would have to say that I love the idea of the seasons chapters stuff, but I recommend for later releases to be in the form of IPS patches. Great story, great hack, keep on the good work!!!

Last edited:

Winter Wonderland

Years
  • I've just started playing this and I'm really enjoying it. The fact that that Eevee is the starter and the diverse options of early wild pokémon let me build a very different team from all the other games.

So, my favourite eeveelution is Umbreon. Will it be possible to evolve Eevee into it? Or is it just the Kanto evolutions? Will you put a clock system or another method to get it in later releases?

Are the gym battles mandatory for completing the game or I can just skip them?

Other than that I would have to say that I love the idea of the seasons chapters stuff, but I recommend for later releases to be in the form of IPS patches. Great story, great hack, keep on the good work!!!

Let's see, let's see.

Thanks for the comments, I'm glad you enjoyed the beta.
    As it stands, in the current beta, Umbreon is unobtainable, but it will be in the future.

Gym battles are not mandatory, they're just extra training, and a TM to go along.

I'm glad you've enjoyed it. Also, I'm pretty sure it IS uploaded in the form of an IPS patch. :)

How far does the current beta go? If it´s at least 3 gyms long I definitely play it :)

It's hard to say, this game doesn't use gyms as a mandatory chunk of the game, so it's hard to determine. There's two gyms available, but five cities, a cave, a forest, and so on available.

AmazingCharizard

Pokemon Rocket Strike creator
    Years
  • Let's see, let's see.

It's hard to say, this game doesn't use gyms as a mandatory chunk of the game, so it's hard to determine. There's two gyms available, but five cities, a cave, a forest, and so on available.

Well I think, that´s enough, I´m gonna play it. Btw, the title screen looks like the image of the bug contest in HG/SS. Or am I wrong about this? It looks good btw.

Back