• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports The Football Discussion Thread!

Years
  • Well that Moyes sacking was very unfortunately timed for Norwich, I'm afraid that beating was always going to happen with a new manager boost.

And yeah it was a mix of Chalobah coming to life and Barnsley making some terrible mistakes. The rest of the game was really poor though, after this and the Milwall game I think I'll withhold any optimism for next season.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Were like deer in the headlights that second half, a very Hughtonesque away performance in the end. Will just have to hope Liverpool win and Chelsea have an eye on the Champions League next weekend, I suppose. Or maybe Delia can make Abramovich an offer, 3 points now for 6 next year, I presume he'd be open to that sort of thing.

On a slightly better note there is now no chance of passing Ipswich on our way down, that really would have rubbed salt in the wounds.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Were like deer in the headlights that second half, a very Hughtonesque away performance in the end. Will just have to hope Liverpool win and Chelsea have an eye on the Champions League next weekend, I suppose. Or maybe Delia can make Abramovich an offer, 3 points now for 6 next year, I presume he'd be open to that sort of thing.

On a slightly better note there is now no chance of passing Ipswich on our way down, that really would have rubbed salt in the wounds.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • Sunderland have sold out for tomorrow's game. 49,000 fans turning up to watch two awful teams at the bottom of the league, probably play out an equally awful match. Not a bad effort :P

A Sunderland win would certainly put the cat among the pigeons. As they're my nearest team, i'd like to see them stay up.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • 2llogmu.png

Next in the list: Levante (A), Málaga (H). Both are mostly safe by now, but Levante are always annoying to play against, they have the 5th lowest tally of goals conceded. We'll see how it goes, but if we manage to beat them, I can't see Málaga putting up enough of a fight at the Calderón with the league trophy waiting in the backstage.

Also Barça managed to come back from a 2-0 thanks to... two own goals from Villarreal. I don't think I have ever seen anything like that.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • Barca fans are so kind, giving their players a potassium boost mid match.

I saw that! Alves reaction was quality, fair play to him.

Arsenal coasted past Newcastle tonight, and it looks pretty certain that the Gunners will be finishing inside the top 4 again this season.

As for Newcastle though, what a mess. As much as i'd say ~9th is more or less where they belong, I have friends who support Newcastle and they're so frustrated and depressed at the way the season's completely dissipated into nothingness. It wouldn't be so bad for them if they'd had a decent cup run, but Pardew played weakened sides and sacrificed both cups. I also believe their atrocious form runs deeper than just the sale of Cabaye.

Years
  • Well, disaster doesn't even begin to describe the horror show I've seen against Real Madrid today. Nothing surprising considering only thing we did today was replicating our dire performance against them in the first leg, except this time Real Madrid took their chances.

Congratulations to Real Madrid for booking their place in Lisbon. Whether or not I want them to win it will probably depend on the outcome of tomorrow's game.

Ivysaur

Years
  • If Chelsea manage to win tomorrow, I'll look for a movie to watch that night.

Oh well. All we have to do is score once, I doubt there will be more than 2 goals in the game. We only need to take one of them.

Today's game was an absolute slaughter. Does Guardiola even bother practicing corner kick defences? My god that was pathetic.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • So much for me saying Bayern would go through to the final; what do I know, eh? It's a good thing i'm not a betting man! Fair play to Real though, they were awesome.

A Chelsea v Real final would certainly be.. interesting, but then I suppose so would an all-Madrid final (it would be the first Champions League final contested by two teams from the same city, I believe?).

Ivysaur

Years
  • I'm going to be honest, at this point, I'd rather have Madrid win their damned Décima (10th) than Mourinho winning anything. Yes, in barely three years he managed to overtake Madrid themselves in my list of football phobias. And if he makes it to the final, I hope it's a 4-0 as well.

Of course, my first option is still Atleti winning, but we'll see tomorrow.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Opening up the 'player of the season' vote to Twitter and Facebook would have been a slightly smarter move if the club hadn't performed so shockingly all season. Carlo Nash winning by a mile. Bet the club won't accept those votes.

Years
  • I'm going to be honest, at this point, I'd rather have Madrid win their damned Décima (10th) than Mourinho winning anything. Yes, in barely three years he managed to overtake Madrid themselves in my list of football phobias. And if he makes it to the final, I hope it's a 4-0 as well.

Of course, my first option is still Atleti winning, but we'll see tomorrow.

If Chelsea goes through to the finals, I'm definitely rooting for Real Madrid. Hated them since the 2012 CL Final and I hate Mourinho as well.

Conversely if Atletico goes through I'll root for them in the final.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • >Guardiola: The reason we lost is that we didn't have enough possession.

>"I like to have ball possession," Guardiola said. "The reason that we lost tonight was we didn't have ball possession. We needed more control. We have to reflect on this and make our thoughts.

How does it feel to have an autistic manager?

Years
  • >Guardiola: The reason we lost is that we didn't have enough possession.

>"I like to have ball possession," Guardiola said. "The reason that we lost tonight was we didn't have ball possession. We needed more control. We have to reflect on this and make our thoughts.

How does it feel to have an autistic manager?
    Banter is all good, but bringing autism into this is going too far.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • That wasn't banter. Repetitive behavior is a sign of autism. I'm worried. I also think think you should calm the ♥♥♥♥ down, PC Plod.

Edit - Also regarding the Norwich POTS thing I posted last night. It seems one of the other sources for the vote has changed it to only players that have played more than 10 times. Ricky van Wolfswinkel is winning that. lol. Reminds me of the year Lee Croft won it.

Last edited:

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • I remember when RVW first signed for Norwich and thinking he was going to tear shiz up in the Premier League. How wrong I was :/

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Scored on his debut, then the cancer that was Chris Hughton's attacking set up got a hold of him. Would be nice if he had the mentality to stay and prove he was worth the money but I wouldn't be blame if he's on the first but out of Norwich come the end of the season.

Back