• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports The Football Discussion Thread!

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
  • No Bassong in the s quad again but this time no Hoolahan as well. Only change in the starting 11 is Hooper in for RvW which I guess was inevitable. Brave.

I will say I'm not sure why Bradders is a head of Tettey, he's been one of our best players.

Years
  • Well they put a good shift in, but not good enough for today. I still think that game shows signs that Norwich can stay up, but unfortunately it doesn't do anything to stop Liverpool.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Officials will not let Liverpool lose. Those obvious corners and that Sakho foul that never was.

I think Adams has proven that Norwich work best as an attacking side and if we play like that in the coming games we will have a chance. As I've said before, if we go down we will do so fighting. Is nice when you don't roll over and let in 5.

Also some good news.
    John Ruddy: "Everything I value in life is down to Norwich. So I am very passionate about this club and unless someone tells me something different, then I will be at Norwich for the next four years."

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
  • Well, you got the scoreline right, just in the wrong order :P

5 hours for the Barça implosion, cannot wait.

beat me to it.

ONE STEP CLOSER TO GLORY. Next two games are where Liverpool can secure/lose the title. Scary. Ideally a win against Chelsea would be good, because if we lose/draw that... I don't know if we're going to have the confidence to give Crystal Palace a good ol' thrashing. Can't underestimate Crystal Palace.

Newcastle don't worry me, mind you.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • In the Betis-Rayo, Betis defender Paulao caused Rayo's first goal by making a terrible backpass without realizing he had a striker between him and his keeper and then scored an own goal 10 minutes later. His reaction? He asked his coach to be subbed, 25 minutes in! Ridiculous.

Betis have 22 points and smell pretty dead, after a season of being the Spanish laughingstock. Very sad for them.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • #prayformoyes #tearsfordavid Quite funny really, anyone reckon we'll get Damned United 2 film out of this? Very similar grounds to Mr. Clough's time at (Leeds) United.

Years
  • What a odd time to sack him, I can only assume losing the faith of the players recently has been the last straw (or did they want him to qualify for the Europa League as a last resort? unlikely but you never know). Oh well, it's about time and lets face it no one will question it down the line.

Not sure about a Damned United 2, Clough only lasted fourty four days so it was a lot more dramatic. I'm sure I'd be interested if they made something about it in a few years though.

Years
  • What a odd time to sack him, I can only assume losing the faith of the players recently has been the last straw (or did they want him to qualify for the Europa League as a last resort? unlikely but you never know). Oh well, it's about time and lets face it no one will question it down the line.

They probably had an objective for United to seal a Champions League spot; their defeat against Everton pretty much made it mathematically impossible.

Years
  • I don't know why they had to wait until it was mathematically impossible, either. The signs were clearly there for the entire season that he was not cut out for the job.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • Tch. Sadly, they might even pick a competent guy for next season. At least he gets to enjoy a nice walk of shame as the cherry on top of a terrible year.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • I'm probably in the minority here but I don't think all of United's problems this season were down to Moyes (though admittedly he hardly covered himself in glory - no team should go from league Champions to 7th, and part of that is down to him seemingly not having any real, coherent, long-term game plan). I think them winning the title last season papered over a lot of cracks, which have been exposed this campaign, big time.

It's a shame for Moyes, as I do still think he's a decent manager. He'd be better suited to someone like Newcastle, a midtable club, or somewhere where there wouldn't be as much pressure on him.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Not a good couple of years for Scottish managers in the Premier League and it might get worse with Lambo at Villa.

Can imagine there will be large number of Norwich fans hoping for Lambert's return. Sadly I don't think David McNally and Paul Lambert will ever be at the same club again.

Last edited:

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • I don't really rate Lambert as a manager, whenever i've seen Villa play this season they've been set up so negatively. Even at home their plan seems to have been "stick 10 men behind the ball then counter/nick a goal from a set piece", it's awful to watch. I do respect his philosophy of giving youngsters a chance, however.

As for Norwich, I think they've got a good chance of going down. The teams below them all seem to be battling, and picking up points here and there (especially Sunderland - four points from City and Chelsea and both away from home!), and Norwich, on paper at least, have the hardest run in of the bottom four or five teams. One more win *should* keep them up, but it's a question of where it'll come from.

Back