• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
Years
hey i have this question i wanna ask.I have been around pc and ask some people about it,but it just does not really work out well.Look at this screenshot:
ForbiddenRoad2.png

See the mist on the maps,it does not completely cover the whole tiles/map,is there anyway to fix this or i forgot to do something..If i were to put the background bytes to block by hero,wouldn't the hero be walking on to of the tree and house?

Years
  • Seen Dec 22, 2010
sorry, this is probably too simple for a simple questions thread, but what is an ASM assembler, and where could I find one?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
hey i have this question i wanna ask.I have been around pc and ask some people about it,but it just does not really work out well.Look at this screenshot:
ForbiddenRoad2.png

See the mist on the maps,it does not completely cover the whole tiles/map,is there anyway to fix this or i forgot to do something..If i were to put the background bytes to block by hero,wouldn't the hero be walking on to of the tree and house?

This is because the mist is in the middle layer (or whatever it is), which is below OWs and the Top layers of tiles, but above the bottom ayer of tiles. I am not sure if this can be fixed or not, and only Blocks are covered by Sprites seems to fix the mist... But that would cause tree top issues, such as walking on them, and the buildings...

Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2009
wee, guess who, thanks to giradialkia i've managed to sort my Oak sprite problem..with some minor..palette weirdness going but I can deal with it.

BUT I seem to have a problem with my front sprite, he seems to have a split personality so to speak >>;;

pokecommunity.com/album.php?albumid=4947&pictureid=35643

I've tried importing the sprite a few times to fix itself, moving the sprite image up a notch in photoshop but still nothing

Haku.

(FLAME)...H....A...K..U
Years
I have another pallete question for you guys lol.
Does anyone knows the pallete offset for start menu, box which is below the start menu?

Years
  • Seen Dec 15, 2009
I have a question too:
Is anybody know that Pokemon Ash Gray or Pokemon Ash Quest is in production?
(On youtube you can watch films about this games) Please, answer me:)

+

Is enybody do game with Ash in Hoen region?I would like to make a game like this but if someone is already doing it I will not

Last edited:

chentm

Stylish Improv
Years
Question

How do I edit the VS picture that slides in before the start of an Elite Four battle in R/S/E?
I tried finding the forums but to no avail, someone please guide me!

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I have a question too:
Is anybody know that Pokemon Ash Gray or Pokemon Ash Quest is in production?
(On youtube you can watch films about this games) Please, answer me:)

Is enybody do game with Ash in Hoen region?I would like to make a game like this but if someone is already doing it I will not
Ash Gray yes, Ash's Quest not.
No noone's doing Hoenn journey.

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2010
Im here again. With a probably easy Q, probably.

Anyone know how to change the pallete of the heroes' backsprites in Emerald?
APE offset, or anything. Im sure some of you have gone through this one before..

For the love of F, don't ignore this one.

Unzl gba

ugh... why do we need 25 characters in a message?

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
Years

APE offset, or anything. Im sure some of you have gone through this one before..

Just get in a battle in your game as the trainer. then when your backsprit e is shown, use palette viewer.

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
Years
I have another pallete question for you guys lol.
Does anyone knows the pallete offset for start menu, box which is below the start menu?

Eghh, I just submitted a tut for this reason of questions. Check in the documents and tutorials sections, and sooner or later it will get posted xD

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 30, 2009
What is the Tile Molester back Sprite code for pokemon Ruby?
I know its already in unLZ, but i have a hack that was patched to Ruby that has a backsprite i want imported into FR,
Also, how do i IMPORT back sprites into FR Via Tile Molester?

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
For some reason my Emerald Rom no longer works on VBA. It works just fine in AdvanceMap and all those other editing programs, but when I load it on VBA all I get is a white screen. When I load it on no$gba, right away I get, "The ROM image has crashed!".

What happened to my Emerald Rom? It worked just fine before.

EDIT: And yes, I've already done the whole Emulator -> Save type -> 128k thing. It used to work, but then it suddenly stopped working. Apparently AdvanceMap crashed my Rom...

Last edited:

Ayesha

惚け
Years
What is the name of a common patch application?
I'm trying to patch a ROM but have had no luck so far.
The guide I found doesn't mention one... :T

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
What is the name of a common patch application?
I'm trying to patch a ROM but have had no luck so far.
The guide I found doesn't mention one... :T

A common one found nowadays would be Lunar IPS, (LIPS)
You would use LIPS if you have an ips file, to patch it to your .GBA, .gb, or .gbc files... (Depending on what game it is, lol

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
For some reason my Emerald Rom no longer works on VBA. It works just fine in AdvanceMap and all those other editing programs, but when I load it on VBA all I get is a white screen. When I load it on no$gba, right away I get, "The ROM image has crashed!".

What happened to my Emerald Rom? It worked just fine before.

EDIT: And yes, I've already done the whole Emulator -> Save type -> 128k thing. It used to work, but then it suddenly stopped working. Apparently AdvanceMap crashed my Rom...
Yeah, that's a sample of a "ROM crash".
But don't give up, make backups, you know - it really helps.

Years
Ok, so I was inserting a new sprite for the titlescreen in Fire Red, the way it's shown in DawnRyder's tutorial, but since he's left PC I figured I'd ask here.
The sprite was divisible by 8- it was 128x128 in size. It was also indexed. So, I imported the sprite into UnlzGba, and unlike in the tutorial, I had to repoint it. Which was fine. I then imported the tilemap.raw which also needed repointing. So I open up my Rom, and the sprite is perfectly intact- but not actually using the correct palette. It's using the palette of the "Pokemon" logo, ie it's just white, with different shades of yellow and blue. How can I fix this? I've changed the Charizard Title-sprite palette, so how can I... I dunno, re-direct (doi- repoint) the palette to the new sprite?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back