• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

UNPOPULAR OPINIONS

maccrash

foggy notion
Years
  • WE ALL HAVE 'EM NOW LET'S SHARE THEM AND TALK ABOUT THEM. THIS CAN APPLY TO MOVIES, MUSIC, BOOKS, WHATEVER. I'LL GIVE YOU ONE TO GET THE BALL ROLLING.

DUMB AND DUMBER IS THE WORST MOVIE OF ALL TIME

OO AH and another thing: when people say that people like a certain work of art because they're "supposed to" or it gives them cred or whatever I want to kill them because while some people do that, that is just another way of saying "I don't like this and neither should you" and that isn't cool and you can't really dictate peoples' taste. that gets under my skin. oo.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Is "The Big Bang Theory is Overrated" and unpopular opinion? Cause I know a lot of people love it
    , but an equal amount of people hate it. I watched an episode and couldn't get through it. A lot of the humor, mostly the nerdy humor, seems very forced to me. Five minutes in I could tell the jokes were forced because they have resort to the laugh track too much.

I'll think of more later or an actual unpopular opinions haha.

Last edited:

pompayyy

Forever and Ever
    Years
  • I don't like Fall Out Boy
    I don't like Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask
    I don't like Gravity Falls (Amazing of Gumball is much better)
    I don't like Final Fantasy VII
    And I think acting edgy and hating everything is stupid. Like when people say "all songs on the radio are dumb and I was born in the rong genurashun and where led zepelin now!!!!!"

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I don't like the zombie/undead craze. A few years ago, it was all about vampires and I didn't like that either. I think the zombie thing is even worse. While it's thankfully, to my knowledge, not romanticized, it just seems to be everywhere and the "zombie apocalypse" is a thing everywhere. Either people are preparing for it, asking you how YOU prepare for it, or just something related to it and I think it's overrated and a horrible way to start a conversation with anyone. Yes, I've had people try to use that as conversation starters. Burn, please.

Uhhh and I don't like Friends. It just never interested me. Oops.

Edit: Oh, haha. Silly me. I forgot. Warm Bodies. Zombies did get romanticized. Well fuck. Bye.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    I don't like the whole zombie apocalypse thing.
    I don't like a lot of pop music or rap music.
    I couldn't care less about all these celebrities and their personal lives that are made public.
    Supehero comics need to stop rebooting and rehashing the same stories. Introduce new heroes and villains. Stop making another Batman and Superman storyline. Be inspired by the Japanese comics and know when it is time for a character to call it quits.

Years
  • Steak is nasty. Just the taste and feel of it makes me want to spit it out.
    Pikachu isn't that great and I hate that they keep pushing the annoying little mouse into our face.
    It freaks me out to know people follow what celebrities/singers/actors/whatever are doing. It has gone past stalker territory thanks to the paparazzi. It's basically become a religion.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • this might not actually be unpopular but i actually like the term bae and i know and don't care that it means shit in some other language because honestly who doesn't want their own little shit???? i mean let's be real here if you're my lil shit i probably really like you so you can be bae.

Sir Codin

Green Day ruined punk and I hope they burn forever.
    Misty is the second worst female companion Ash has ever had (Iris was worse).
    Star Trek is boring as shit and I hate it (except the Abrams movies).
    The iPhone is a piece of shit and so is your face.
    I hate the idea of Frozen and I utterly refuse to see it.
    Spongebob Squarepants was never good. Ever.
    Most of the Final Fantasy games suck (only good ones are 1, 6, 7, and maybe 10)
    I hate The Beatles, especially John Lennon.
    Leonardo DiCaprio does NOT deserve an Oscar. At all.
    Big Bang Theory isn't funny. Neither is Friends or Seinfeld.
    Adventure Time isn't entertaining and I hate it's art style.
    Pop music is always bad. Always.
    Everything Mel Gibson made is terrible. Even Braveheart.

Last edited:

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
  • The iPhone fucking sucks.
    Ubuntu > Mac OS X.
    Windows Vista wasn't that bad.
    "It freaks me out to know people follow what celebrities/singers/actors/whatever are doing. It has gone past stalker territory thanks to the paparazzi. It's basically become a religion." --> Totally agree.
    One Direction is catastrophically awful.
    Counter-Strike (especially Global Offensive) is extremely overrated.
    I don't care about Minecraft or League of Legends.
    Shows like "X Factor" and "America's Got Talent" are staged.

pkmin3033

Game of Thrones. Can people just please stop crazing over that boring show.
    Agreed. The books are also uninspired, plodding and just generally badly written. The TV series has never been more than an average TV show based off a terrible series of novels written by an egotistical, arrogant man who thinks he can write better than Tolkien (he can't, although it's a very close thing, because Tolkien himself wrote some very tedious prose) and can demand the worship of his misguided fans whilst keeping them waiting years for books which are just as poorly written and dull as his previous instalments.

...yeah, I really don't like anything associated with George R.R. Martin. The man himself really gets on my nerves, and if his books really were as good as he seems to think they are, we wouldn't have a problem. But as things stand...

I've got some other highly unpopular opinions of my own I might share later...I just wanted to support that one wholeheartedly; I hear far too much praise for it.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Pop music is getting worse and I'm not joking about it. Lately most major pop hits are trying to sell the artist but come at the expense of quality, meaning terrible vocals, sound or both.

It's funny. I think it's getting better and worse at the same time. So many different types of music on the radio. Although maybe what I hear is different from American pop.

I have really unpopular ones I think.
    Justin Bieber's music isn't terrible. He is a jerk though.
    One Direction makes great pop music.
    5SOS is going to be good for the Pop-Punk genre, and make good catchy pop-pop-punk music.

Years
  • Would this count? I despise unpopular opinions in general. You are not a special snowflake if you hate something that's well-loved; therefore, this thread should have never been made.

While that's not my problem with these threads, what I hate about them is that a lot of the things I see on them I find don't exactly seem to be unpopular. If you look at the unpopular opinions thread in Pokémon General, you'll see that I made at least two posts about questioning what "unpopular" really means after people were trashing Generation V and praising GSC and Generations III, which, really, is what I find the general consensus to think, not find them unpopular (although i'm the opposite but that's irrelevant to this thread).

That said, i'm sure I have some to mention but I can't really think of any at the moment.

Years
  • While that's not my problem with these threads, what I hate about them is that a lot of the things I see on them I find don't exactly seem to be unpopular. If you look at the unpopular opinions thread in Pokémon General, you'll see that I made at least two posts about questioning what "unpopular" really means after people were trashing Generation V and praising GSC and Generations III, which, really, is what I find the general consensus to think, not find them unpopular (although i'm the opposite but that's irrelevant to this thread).

That said, i'm sure I have some to mention but I can't really think of any at the moment.

What counts as unpopular is completely based on the place you're asking. If you asked the people on this forum if they like Pokemon, I'm pretty sure most would say they do but if you ask the same question on a One Direction forum, I doubt the answer would be the same.

For the answers in this thread, and even my own answer, I think it depends on what we have all heard or seen. People are mentioning One Direction because they've become they are played a lot and have become pretty big. The same thing could be said about any show, culture, style, music, etc. We're just answering based on the fact so many other people like it, even if a good 50% of the people on this thread dislike them.

Hopefully that all made sense? I was trying to find a way to word it without it sounding like I was trying to start an argument.

Years
  • I don't like the zombie/undead craze. A few years ago, it was all about vampires and I didn't like that either. I think the zombie thing is even worse. While it's thankfully, to my knowledge, not romanticized, it just seems to be everywhere and the "zombie apocalypse" is a thing everywhere. Either people are preparing for it, asking you how YOU prepare for it, or just something related to it and I think it's overrated and a horrible way to start a conversation with anyone. Yes, I've had people try to use that as conversation starters. Burn, please.

Uhhh and I don't like Friends. It just never interested me. Oops.

Edit: Oh, haha. Silly me. I forgot. Warm Bodies. Zombies did get romanticized. Well ****. Bye.

The level of rabid fan-boying and insanity that follows Doctor Who is something I will just never understand. Same with Adventure Time and such. I don't get it.

Game of Thrones. Can people just please stop crazing over that boring show.

Pop music is getting worse and I'm not joking about it. Lately most major pop hits are trying to sell the artist but come at the expense of quality, meaning terrible vocals, sound or both.

I agree will all the above.

Also any sort of reality/talent show such as X Factor, Briton's got talent, only way is Essex etc.

Shows/films/books that are popular because people feel that they need to like rather than because they discovered it themselves.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • Green Day isn't too bad, imo. They're just not nearly as good as they were in the 90's.

Iggy Azalea is terrible, all of her music is incredibly annoying.

The Big Bang Theory isn't funny at all. Enough with the BAZINGA! shirts.

I don't mind when people advertise the fact that they're at the gym through social media. Everyone needs a little motivation, and if that keeps them going, then alrightyroo!

Broad City >>>>>> Workaholics, though I love them both so much.

Back