• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

UNPOPULAR OPINIONS

maccrash

foggy notion
Years
  • Would this count? I despise unpopular opinions in general. You are not a special snowflake if you hate something that's well-loved; therefore, this thread should have never been made.
    calm down dude. I made this thread so people could talk about opinions they have that may be a bit left of the dial. your argument comes across as a knee-jerk reaction to something you irrationally dislike, I don't know why I'm responding to this. like I'm honestly speechless mate. what the hell are you trying to prove here. why shouldn't this thread have been made exactly, it's good discussion.
    Green Day ruined punk and I hope they burn forever.
    Misty is the second worst female companion Ash has ever had (Iris was worse).
    Star Trek is boring as shit and I hate it (except the Abrams movies).
    The iPhone is a piece of shit and so is your face.
    I hate the idea of Frozen and I utterly refuse to see it.
    Spongebob Squarepants was never good. Ever.
    Most of the Final Fantasy games suck (only good ones are 1, 6, 7, and maybe 10)
    I hate The Beatles, especially John Lennon.
    Leonardo DiCaprio does NOT deserve an Oscar. At all.
    Big Bang Theory isn't funny. Neither is Friends or Seinfeld.
    Adventure Time isn't entertaining and I hate it's art style.
    Pop music is always bad. Always.
    Everything Mel Gibson made is terrible. Even Braveheart.
    the Ramones were doing the exact same thing Green Day were doing 15 years prior and purists love them. Dookie is great, I'd rather listen to that than any of the Ramones' records actually. saying they ruined punk is a wee bit melodramatic considering it was already dire by the 90s anyway and they revitalized it, kind of. if you're basing this off American Idiot and stuff, then I KIND OF get it but at that point they'd diverged from punk so hard that it's really a moot point.

I may DISAGREE with some of the other things but I don't see anything inherently WRONG about them (and I'm not saying your opinion's wrong -- I'm saying that claiming a band ruined a whole genre is just kind of, iunno, off-base). I love you. I'm sorry.

TheGhosteon

Geeeetttt dunked on!!
    Years
  • I never could get into the Zelda series. I tried to force myself into playing Ocarina of Time, but I lost interest really quickly. I also can't get myself to play Mario games anymore. Just...Beeeeh, Nintendo's major franchises that aren't Pokemon, Kirby, or Smash Bros never really interested me to begin with.
    I think Frozen is way too over-hyped.
    I've never seen Star Wars and have no interest in seeing any of the movies anytime soon.
    Am I the only person who liked Madoka Magica Rebellion? Because it seems like everyone else hated it.
    I also never saw the appeal of Bleach or One Piece...
    I'm not a big movie person. I like animated movies, but that's about it.
    I'm not interested in Doctor Who. Not in the least.

Poki

Banned
    Years
  • Hm, I remember posting in a similiar thread.

- Doctor Who, GoT & TWD are overrated as fuck.
    - John Green's books are disgunstingly cliché.

I have more, but they ain't media/arts-related, so.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I have zero interest in reading that mess known as Homestuck.

I might post more later but for now I have to go hide from Rika, Jo, and Omi

I also need to think of more things.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • The 80s was generally not a good decade for music.

I can not understand the continued obsession with games in the style of NES/SNES or earlier. I grew up playing both systems.

There are plenty of great cartoons outside of the 90s. Plenty I'd rather watch than Ren & Stimpy, Cow & Chicken, and Invader Zim.

The Zombies/werewolves/vampire obsession is stupid and annoying. And I do not say that because of Twilight. In fact I don't even care about Twilight (the hate for it was a far more abundant and obnoxious fad). It's the zombie fad that really irritates me. There was a time where on every forum in existence a "Zombie Apocalypse!!!11!!1" topic would pop up every five minutes. Seems like people actually want it to happen. I think they should be focused on the real world.

Superhero media (DC/Marvel) is generally uninteresting. The movies can bring a good laugh sometimes, but people overhype them.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
  • Hmm... Lessee...

• I don't like the Final Fantasy Series [at all]
    • I don't like Katy Perry / most mainstream musicians
    • I think the Batman series is over-rated for their rank on IMDB
    • I think movie theatres are over-rated
    • I think people who live their lives gossiping about celebrity "news" are a waste of space, resources and Oxygen
    • I don't think Spanish sounds attractive at all
    • I think "Let It Go" comes nowhere close to the awesomeness that is the Tangled soundtrack

I will come back and edit this later :pink_tongue:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • The 80s was generally not a good decade for music.

I was literally just talking about this the other day. ...To myself, but still. You know how you can tell what decade music is from for the most part? There are certain styles and trends that go on through the decade. 80's music, however, isn't just a subtle "oh it's an 80's song" kind of thing. It's like in your face here I am synthesizer cheesy lyrics high pitched childlike sounds. 80's music SCREAMS that it's from the 80's. It wants you to know and it doesn't want you to forget.

My sister loves the 80's overall and is always popping in some Cindy Lauper CDs in her car and they sound so atrocious. Not all music from the 80's is terrible, but there's a lot that stands out, shows its age (which is worse because that takes away from making it a timeless song), and just isn't good.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    • Imagine Dragons are a horrible band that I wish would just go away. Complete mockery of indie music.
    • Lana Del Ray is a cheap rip-off of better artists and is one the most boring and irredeemable artists working today.
    • Jay Z should take a break from the rap game; Magna Carta Holy Grail was a utter shitheap of a album.
    • As much as I respect Kanye West and Paul McCartney, them collaborating makes no sense whatsoever.
    • Pop music hasn't magically stopped sucking overnight, it's always has severe quality control issues.
    • I find people who moan about pop music more annoying than the actual music. The genwunner effect strikes again.
    • There is no reason why the PS4 has sold nearly 20 million units into it's lifespan. I feel there are no worthwhile games for it yet and there's barley anything to differentiate it from the Xbox One.
    • I don't see the point in buying a PS4 or Xbox One for myself (my dad owns a PS4 that I play on occasionally) when I have a computer that can run most, if not all modern games.
    • Steam is a excellent service, but their quality control for the games they release is the worst I have ever seen.
    • I think Nintendo deserve a lot more shit than they already have been getting. They almost destroyed both of their current systems by releasing them prematurely and releasing some of the most half-assed instalment in their IP's to date. I don't think they should go third-party as it is, but I won't be surprised if they do.
    • That being said, the Wii U is a much better system than the PS4 or Xbox One as it's actually trying to do something other than making prettier versions of currently existing games
    • If the Wii U Gamepad was a gimmick, then the DS's dual screens were a gimmick. And we all know how much of a failure that system was. {:3}
    • I feel like I like my PS Vita more than Sony does.
    • I don't think that Minecraft is overrated; I feel it deserves to be the cultural phenomenon that it is.
    • What I will say is that I don't like how many kids prefer watching people on YouTube play Minecraft rather than playing the damn game. Seems incredibly lazy when they can create their own adventures.
    • I hate all the tacky YouTubers who call game companies frauds and predict their doom and lambast and even insult the people who enjoy their games, calling them "not true gamers" or "babies". It's immature as fuck. I like to see companies getting teared a new one, even if I love their products (e.g Nintendo and Capcom).
    • I don't like boycotting a company when they do something I dislike, I just boycott that one product. I especially hate it when people brag about boycotting companies. It's just ultra-silly and painfully pathetic.
    • I hate it when games try to act cinematic. It's pretentious and is the absolute worst way to approach making a video game. If you want to make a cinematic experience, make a fucking movie.
    • I think the amount of superhero movies coming out nowadays is oversaturating the market.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    Well let's see here.

Nirvana is one of the worst bands that I've ever listened to, ever.
    Most if not all of the music on the radio nowadays is on par with regurgitated garbage and that's me being kind.
    Youtube had potential a few years back but now it's a vanilla flavored shit stack that's only good for music and that's just barely.
    Usher is the worst thing to happen to music since Elton John and that's just counting his songs.
    Movies in general nowadays are about as interesting or as entertaining as watching a dog lick its balls for 5 hours straight while listening to Nancy Grace and taking her seriously as well.
    Punk music is cancerous at best.

And yes, I know how harsh I sound when saying this.

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
  • Since when has it become a thing to compare a show that kills off characters as "the next GoT" (I shouldn't be seeing that sort of comparison in discussions about animé of all things)

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • Well let's see here.

Nirvana is one of the worst bands that I've ever listened to, ever.
    Most if not all of the music on the radio nowadays is on par with regurgitated garbage and that's me being kind.
    Youtube had potential a few years back but now it's a vanilla flavored shit stack that's only good for music and that's just barely.
    Usher is the worst thing to happen to music since Elton John and that's just counting his songs.
    Movies in general nowadays are about as interesting or as entertaining as watching a dog lick its balls for 5 hours straight while listening to Nancy Grace and taking her seriously as well.
    Punk music is cancerous at best.

And yes, I know how harsh I sound when saying this.
    Dawg, I understand that these are "opinions" but like, what man. as I've said before (and I will continue saying for the rest of my living days on this earth) calling an entire genre of music something as Churlish as "cancerous" is, in fact, off-base and silly. you coulda just said "man, I don't like punk music. in fact I HATE punk music" but alas you decided to imply that it's actually a genre that saps the life out of... whatever the hell you're implying it's sapping the life out of. sorry. sorry. sorry. I'd address your "Nirvana's the worst band ever" thing but that'd be like that "old man yells at cloud" Simpsons headline personified, so I'm not gonna do that.

also to those of you trashing the 80s, man, MAN these songs are as '80s as possible and they fucking bang. and that's not even to SCRATCH THE SURFACE of all of the indie music that was going on in the '80s, all the new scenes going down. man. the '80s weren't so bad. the '70s on the other hand were a bit weak. but I mean EVEN THEN you had punk and glam rock and krautrock and FUCK. no one decade could be considered "bad" from the '50s and on, really. it's personal preference. that "old man yelling at cloud" thing I mentioned earlier is actually what I'm doing now so.

Years
  • I actually love American Horror Story Freakshow, however I can't stand Dandy. I also didn't like Murder House.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Taylor Swift is such a waste of talent and I wish she made more music like this instead of the garbage she makes now.

This reminds me just how crappy and uninspired pop music is. In fact, I labelled Swift's latest album 1989 as the worst one she's ever done, and most of that reason is because I pointed the finger at her going completely pop, which was actually the genre she wanted to do instead of her earlier country-based material... and eventually semi-achieved that come Red.

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    also the current state of pop music is honestly not that bad
    this thread is seriously the town from footloose do I have to be kevin bacon and save you from yourselves

Years
  • This reminds me just how crappy and uninspired pop music is. In fact, I labelled Swift's latest album 1989 as the worst one she's ever done, and most of that reason is because I pointed the finger at her going completely pop, which was actually the genre she wanted to do instead of her earlier country-based material... and eventually semi-achieved that come Red.

Yes, to true, I really loved her first album and Fearless. Ironically music from those albums were never on the radio, but now she does not so good music, her songs are never off the radio lol.

Years
  • Yes, to true, I really loved her first album and Fearless. Ironically music from those albums were never on the radio, but now she does not so good music, her songs are never off the radio lol.

This is true. I know how much commercial Top 40-centric radio focuses much more on the "annoying and uninspired" songs by those mainstream artists as opposed to music of theirs that had at least a trickle of quality.

Back