• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Let's Plays, Guides and Reviews Brainstorming & Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
If any of you want to get a little feedback on your LPs just VM me the link to your LP's thread and I'll give you my opinion on what I think of it (or at least the first couple of installments).

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I want to try and attempt to make a video Let's Play of Yugioh Forbidden Memories. I've got everything up and running, but I don' have a microphone. I have a standard video camera, so I'm asking if that would suffice as an audio source for just getting my voice onto the video?

Yuoaman

Years
I want to try and attempt to make a video Let's Play of Yugioh Forbidden Memories. I've got everything up and running, but I don' have a microphone. I have a standard video camera, so I'm asking if that would suffice as an audio source for just getting my voice onto the video?

I would suggest doing maybe a quick example video to see what people think of the quality - if not, a cheap $15 microphone will usually do the trick.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I guess I can try with what I have right now. I'll probably be using Camstudio for recording since I'm pretty sure it's free and doesn't have a watermark like Hypercam. My game sometimes stuffs up, so like, sometimes after I put my name in, you can't advance any further than that, and sometimes you can. It's all up to the game methinks. I'll just have to get a new rom. :)

I'm also going to wait until my throat get's better before I start.

Years
Hey, all. I've never done an LP, but I'm a huge fan of Chuggaa and NCS, so I know what they ARE. xD Anyway, any advice to a newb? I don't have a capture card, so I'll have to do everything through Emulator+CamStudio. Is that a good way to start? What kinds of games should I start with that are short enough to be just practicing, but long enough for me to get some experience in?

Yuoaman

Years
Hey, all. I've never done an LP, but I'm a huge fan of Chuggaa and NCS, so I know what they ARE. xD Anyway, any advice to a newb? I don't have a capture card, so I'll have to do everything through Emulator+CamStudio. Is that a good way to start? What kinds of games should I start with that are short enough to be just practicing, but long enough for me to get some experience in?

I would recommend short arcade-style games to practice on. You can get the full experience by playing like fifteen minutes, and still get some quality commentary out of it.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
I finished my Shiny Gold X LP, and am doing a sequel of it where I play through Firered Omega, and to make it interesting, I'm using a theme team in Firered Omega, and I'm starting the game out with that entire team of 6. While this does take out some of the fun of capture the team throughout the game for some watchers, it does keep a bit of continuity, as I can say that these are all Pokemon I captured throughout my Shiny Gold X LP. It also creates a more emotional connection with the team for me as well.

As for the theme, I'm loosely basing each Pokemon off of some sort of criminal. It'll be fun ;)

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I would've said make a Nuzlocke personally, since they're fun, and even more fun when you mix in a fangame or hack into it, which are meant to be harder than the normal games. :D

Anyway, I'm totally thinking of making a Let's Play of Yugioh Forbidden Memories, because let's face it, it's one of the best PS1 games ever. I'll be using an emulator, and as for recording, I could probably use a microphone or something to use. What's the best screen recording program to use which would also take the sound from the emulator?

Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2011
Eveelution All Region Solo Run

I've always wanted to do a solo run, but I could never decide which pokemon to use. I wanted to do eevee but could never decide which evolution to use. And so I've decided to do something a little different.

I'll be doing a solo run in every single region, starting with Sinnoh (To get the bad stuff out of the way) and working my way up to kanto. But in every region I'll be using a different Eevee evolution. (Excluding Glaceon and Leafeon because a) there isn't 7 regions and b) I don't like them :3 )

I just wanted to know if you guys thought this was a good idea, and if so, which eeveelution I should use first for Sinnoh.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Imo you can do great solo run either with Umbreon as a wall or with Espeon as a special sweeper. =)
So were I you I'd use Espeon/Umbreon for solo run in Sinnoh, Hoenn and Johto and in Kanto Vaporeon/Jolteon =)

Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2011
@Ash493

I was thinking of using either Umbreon or Espeon for sinnoh. I'm leaning towards Espeon because Umbreon is my favourite and I want to save it for my favourite region, Hoenn :D

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
Hey guys, should I review Portal 2?
I was thinking I would but I want opinions...

LightOfTruth

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 16, 2020
Can I do Sonic as a starter LP or not? Something simple with my own twist will be a good starter :)

Years
Kicking this thread will hopefully get some activity going.

The board is a little dead and I want to know why you guys think it is so? Ideas, thoughts, anything would help.

Get your thinking caps on. Would weekly reviews from me help get your interest? A bi-weekly showcase of LPs and Reviews?​

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Tbh I would visit this forum more but all I ever seem to see are Youtube Let's Plays, not reviews or guides or even non-Youtube ones and I hate watching videos online so I just skip them over. I would encourage more reviews imo; those are much easier to do than LPs and I didn't even know there was a section for it until I saw you update the rules just now, lool.

Years
That is interesting.
I have done a couple of reviews but they generated no interest at all. I am happy to post more and try to spark interest.

Rather interesting views.​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back