• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Let's Plays, Guides and Reviews Brainstorming & Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cello

Tonight!
Years
  • Well as long as the commentary is decent then I'll surely give it a chance.

Thanks for the feedback, i'll try my best not to disappoint.

I had actually recorded my first LP today and I felt that it came out really good! The thing is, though, I uploaded it to YouTube after watching it like 5 times, then watched it 1 more time after I had uploaded it to YouTube only to realize I called the game "Kirby 64: The Shattered Stars" TWICE.

I heard it and was like "Wait... Oh no."
    Ha ha.

monkeyandhead

I didn't train to be a Pilot.
    Years
  • This is more of a question about what's permitted. I'm finding it easier to do a video Let's Play because it takes a whole lot less time and because you can physically hear the commentary. I already know about the YouTube posting rule and that you have to post the video here, but it's not about that.

Considering my personality I don't think I'd be able to go through a Let's Play without a few naughty words and some crude references, would I have to put a warning or something in the thread, and how much until the video is too bad to be posted?

NatureKeeper

Hello Guys. I kept this discussion within the LPG group for a while, and. Well, I am starting a Let's Play of the well-known Pokémon SoulSilver Version. I have already finished Update 1, just uploading the pictures (they're not little). Just wish me luck.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm thinking of doing an LP when I get the chance (a video one ost likely), yet I don't really want to do a game that has been done here before. If I can get the quality good enough, I'll probably end up doing one of a game called Titan Quest. Good or bad idea?

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • I'm thinking of doing an LP when I get the chance (a video one ost likely), yet I don't really want to do a game that has been done here before. If I can get the quality good enough, I'll probably end up doing one of a game called Titan Quest. Good or bad idea?

I've heard that Titan Quest is a good game, so I'd at least give a video LP of it a chance, so I'd say go ahead with it.

What about reviews on Homebrew games and game hacks on various devices, like the ds or gba? Would those be a decent review?

As long as the details are done with enough depth, there's no reason not to do reviews of these sort of games.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I'm strongly considering doing a screenshot Let's Play of Pokemon Diamond/Jade after my exams - i.e. a poorly-translated pirate of the game 'Telefang' which was passed off as Pokemon. Figured it'd be something not done much (youtube offers very little doen beyond a few 'episodes' in that regard when I last looked) and it was a game I played ages back, and feel like playing again. XD

Am also considering using the music-playing function on PC to let the user hear the tunes of the game despite it being a screenshot LP - would that be a workable idea? (I'm also wondering how I'd approach it e.g. from the view of the protagonist or just have fun pointing out all the english and weirdness).

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2012
    I have a question: Say I wanted to do a Non-Video LP. Would I HAVE to put screenshots, or would me describing with the occasional Screenshot be okay?

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • I have a question: Say I wanted to do a Non-Video LP. Would I HAVE to put screenshots, or would me describing with the occasional Screenshot be okay?

Well that wouldn't really be much of an LP really. The closest to what you're describing would be skipping screens of dialog to just type out the rest of what they are saying below the screen - which many people prefer to do.

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
    Years
  • I'm a big Megaman fan and I was thinking of doing an LP of Megaman 7. Would anyone be interested with that or should I just forget about it?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen yesterday
    Honestly, do the LP. It shouldn't matter what others think, as long as you enjoy it!

My thing now - I recorded part one of my Titan Quest LP like I said I would - however, the video seems to lag behind the commentary as time goes on. I'm using BB Software Express, which does incredibly good quality. Is there any way to fix this in my current and future recordings?

EDIT: Turns out the game lags a bit in general when played back, resulting in the commentary and game becoing out of sync. However, I managed to fix it a tiny bit by reducing the quality of the movie, yet it still does have a bit of lag. So, any recommendations on free recording software?

Last edited:

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
  • i'm kinda new to this leg of the forum,
    but can i have some peoples opinons?

should i make a let's play of Harvest Moon Grand bazaar or Professor Layton and the Lost Future?

Years
  • I got a Blank FireRed, a Game Boy Player and a DVR Recorder. I need spice suggestions

Ok. I finally got fed up of my firered, so I uploaded all my valuable pokes to 4th Genreration, and I deleted the save. I have all the required stuff to make a walkthrough of it, but I don't want to do just a plain old one, everybodys done that, and People like Chuggaaconroy and Marriland have done it with more class than I can even match. but I want to do something... unusual with it. but I need suggestions to do it. can anyone think of a challenge or something I can do to make it awesome?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Ten days late, but you might consider a Nuzlocke LP. Nuzlockes are probably one of the most popular types of challenges, and people enjoy the updates in the challenge forum. I mean, obviously it wouldn't be posted there, but the general feedback for the challenge itself is high, so I'd consider that if I were you. Or a random challenge. Something interesting where you don't really know what your final outcome might be.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
  • I've been dying to do a Let's Play,
    but can't think of a game to do.

can someone please give me ideas?

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • I'm planning to do an LP on the game 'Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition'. I've tried recording the game a few times but no matter what software I use, the video always lags. Is there any way I can stop the lagging? Or is there any screen capture software that isn't heavy on the resources?

Oh, and I've tried Hypercam and Camstudio, by the way.

LightOfTruth

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 16, 2020
    Guys if you do a LP put it on your sig as I want to try and get some new users to this section :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back