• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Super Starter Pokémon Club!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021

I seem to have missed this topic! Mine would be either Piplup or Cyndaquil, hard choice between the two! They're both soooo cute <3 Although on second thoughts either of those Pokemon would like strange super-sized, so I think my choice would have to be Treeko! That's the only starter I can imagine not looking out of place whilst being that big :3

It might still look very strange, come to think of it. :P

On the other hand, well, giant plushies are... giant plushies. I'd probably melt.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
OK! Maybe we should both head to the Inter-Club Affairs thread for exactly that. :P

OK, so I'm gonna change the topic now!

Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh or Unova - which starter trio do you like the most?

Hoenn, no doubt about it. Eversince I was a toddler, they ended up being my favorites, not to mention Treecko and Mudkip.

Topic:
Is the first page working properly, and state your browser.

As for updates and things, I might do it tomorrow or so.

Works fine Twiggy.

New Topic!
Ever traded your starter without breeding it to get another starter?

No, never trade my starters, whether they are bred or not. I simply get them in other games. Haven't bothered trying to collect them though, but might in the future.

Side note: How did I forget to update the topic at the first post? :| Maybe I need reminders or something. :P

New Topic!
What do you think is the most balanced starter trio?

Hoenn. Sinnoh seems different, and I still haven't got myself used to them. Unova seems new, and Johto...well, not Johto. Kanto comes to a close second however.

New Topic!
Say you can have a starter plushie as big as you. What would you like it to be?

Mudkip or Snivy. Both are my all time favorites. I could ride their backs, throw them to people if possible, and block the hallways.

Say you can have a starter plushie as big as you. What would you like it to be?
mudkip
2503879733_3594a4e351_m.jpg

the mudkip in the pic is a cake!!

I wouldn't hesitate to devour that cake....

Side Topic:
Should we remove the points system?

No....it's fine actually, motivates many people to keep posting to strike up some prices and competition. I'm fine either way though.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 23, 2012
qorkbro
my favorite starters? Squritle and Totodile
why? well my reason is that pokemon yellow was my first pokemon game and i really never felt attached to my pikachu but either way my first pokemon were my starters(of course) but i'm a little crazy i feel like i share a bond with pokemon sometimes when i was little pokemon just kinda kept me there and i would really love to join if you don't mind me joining

ikaroschase

サンダース the crackling of sparks
Years
Should we remove the points system?

i don't think we should ): i mean like it also motivates users to stay active :D the point system also makes the club more fun due to the prizes available (:

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Seems like the general consensus is to NOT to remove the points system. Point taken! (pun intended)

New Topic!
Which starter Pokémon would you like to be?

ikaroschase

サンダース the crackling of sparks
Years

oh oh i would like to be bulbasaur :DDDDD with the vines i can reach anything that is out of reach for normal pokemon and i can even play pranks >< YAY BULBASAUR! (: oh and being bulbasaur, i would enjoy the sun much more :P [my country is very hot and humid ): it's sometimes almost unbearable]

Popsicle

~Dancing Crazy~
Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2012
Twiggy I'd like my starter to be Treecko if that isn't a problem.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
i would like to be a Chikorita/treecko

Last edited:

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
qorkbro
my favorite starters? Squritle and Totodile
why? well my reason is that pokemon yellow was my first pokemon game and i really never felt attached to my pikachu but either way my first pokemon were my starters(of course) but i'm a little crazy i feel like i share a bond with pokemon sometimes when i was little pokemon just kinda kept me there and i would really love to join if you don't mind me joining

Seems like somehow I missed this one. :P Welcome to the club! I'll be off for a while to add you in, so hang tight!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Which starter Pokemon would you like to be?

Hmm, tough question! I think I'd want to be Piplup! I'd certainly want to be a Water type as having power over water would be amazing - a life long dream of mine! And I'd want to be one that stands on two legs, so Mudkip is out of the question... Then after that, I'd just want to be something huggable and if I was a Piplup, I'd be able to look at myself in the mirror and cheer up due to the sheer cuteness! <3

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Which starter Pokemon would you like to be?

Hmm, tough question! I think I'd want to be Piplup! I'd certainly want to be a Water type as having power over water would be amazing - a life long dream of mine! And I'd want to be one that stands on two legs, so Mudkip is out of the question... Then after that, I'd just want to be something huggable and if I was a Piplup, I'd be able to look at myself in the mirror and cheer up due to the sheer cuteness! <3

*starts to think about Dawn's Piplup*

*melts*

I love Pokémon. I love penguins. I love cute stuff. This means that... well, I think I'm going to bring you home tonight! ^.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Name: Olli97
Starter Pokémon: Chimchar
Why would you like to join the club?: Well, after a while of posting around the clubs, I noticed that alot of my faves are actually either starter Pokémon or evolutions of them, so I assumed it was finally time to join this one. The reason I like so many of the starters are most likely because they're the ones I start out my journey with, and therefore often the ones that I have the most experiences with. Some people tend to just leave their starter behind when they reach a little in the games, though, but I don't remember one singe play-through of a game where I left my starter behind.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
OK, welcome to the club, new guys :)

Now to give the member list and points a huuuuuuuuuge update. When I update this post again, well, you know what's up. :)

Update Finished!

You guys should be able to see the new member list with new points values.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
New topic: 'Which starter Pokemon gains the most interesting typing from evolving?'

Personally I'd go with Empoleon! Water/Steel gives a lot to work with and gives it some good resistances and traits. Plus it's very unique! I don't think it's the most useful typing it could gain, but it sure is interesting!

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
New topic: 'Which starter Pokemon gains the most interesting typing from evolving?'

Personally I'd go with Empoleon! Water/Steel gives a lot to work with and gives it some good resistances and traits. Plus it's very unique! I don't think it's the most useful typing it could gain, but it sure is interesting!
I agree with you on everything you said on the Water/Steel dual-typing. It's pretty interesting and unique, but the typing doesn't really give that many advantages or varied moves as another one could have.

Mudkip's evolutions on the other hand have a very useful typing. Whilst the Water/Ground typing is very unique, it is also really powerful. While the typing only makes Marshtomp and Swampert weaker against Grass types, it makes them completely immune to Electric type moves, which is a big threat for many of the Water types. It also gives a large variety of attacks, which I like a lot n_n

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021

That typing sure messes up a lot of things that were expected of Water types. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back