• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~~Diving Deep~~ (A Water Pokemon Fan Club)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Congratulations to Diving Deep for being one of the 2 Best Clubs of 2014. We tied with Pyromancers, but still top 2. I'm proud to be the founder and I enjoy seeing how many people have joined.

Which water types would be the best/easiest to ride on?
    I enjoy the thought of riding on Gyarados. Just riding in on that angry beast makes me smile.

Well at least we are the top among other types! xD Thank you so much for the congratulatory message. :) We'll keep doing our best.

Years
  • Congratulations to Diving Deep for being one of the 2 Best Clubs of 2014. We tied with Pyromancers, but still top 2. I'm proud to be the founder and I enjoy seeing how many people have joined.

Actually it was a four-way tie, but hehehehe I was the one who voted for this club. Still, I'm glad that we won even if it was a tie (fyi only four members voted in the ballot, and they all chose different clubs), and I hope we can continue showing the love of Water-types!

Reactions: Sun

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Actually it was a four-way tie, but hehehehe I was the one who voted for this club. Still, I'm glad that we won even if it was a tie (fyi only four members voted in the ballot, and they all chose different clubs), and I hope we can continue showing the love of Water-types!

Water-types are awesome! So as their club and their members!!

Topic:
    Which Water-type Pokémon do we need IRL?
    *Need; Not want. They are different things.

Imo, Blastoise is needed. Since they can help putting out fires for firefighters and catch criminals for the police! xD

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • THE SQUIRTLE SQUAD!!!!
    Lol umm umm umm wow hard question but i like it :3
    In my opinion we extremely need suicune! It can put out fires but it wont lol instead itll use its majesticness to stop pollution. Yes if u didnt know this when suicune touches a body of water ex: lake the entire body of water is purified and rid of polution and sickness. That would be super helpful! Plus it would be so cool to see in real life! Also it hunts down polluters of lakes oceans streams etc. KILL THEM OFF haha. But in all seriousness that would be my best choice ;)

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    THE SQUIRTLE SQUAD!!!!
    Lol umm umm umm wow hard question but i like it :3
    In my opinion we extremely need suicune! It can put out fires but it wont lol instead itll use its majesticness to stop pollution. Yes if u didnt know this when suicune touches a body of water ex: lake the entire body of water is purified and rid of polution and sickness. That would be super helpful! Plus it would be so cool to see in real life! Also it hunts down polluters of lakes oceans streams etc. KILL THEM OFF haha. But in all seriousness that would be my best choice ;)

I forgot the fact that Suicune can purify polluted waters. You made a great point and I agree with you, we need Suicune to purify murky waters. :)

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • Yeah, Suicune could purify water yadi yada, but who needs that when we have a Ludicolo? *carambas*

On a more serious note, I think we need more Lapras. We need her for a better sea transportation, much safer too. Also, it will bring us back to our natural roots.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Yeah, Suicune could purify water yadi yada, but who needs that when we have a Ludicolo? *carambas*

On a more serious note, I think we need more Lapras. We need her for a better sea transportation, much safer too. Also, it will bring us back to our natural roots.

Eh since when did Ludicolo purify waters? :o :o :o

Perhaps a Wailord as a transportation, yes? ^_^

jombii

Years
  • I mean, who needs someone who can purify water when you have a dancing water monkey with a mexican hat? *sarcasm intended*

Wailord could work for mass transportation, yes.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Prolly it's a bit too quiet or my question's too difficult? xD

Feel free to change the topic guys. :)

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Because he said topic in a sentance and im like world renowned for making topics and i got some stored up for each club..... No i dont have to much free time!

Anyways here it is i want ur opinions like everyone EVERY MEMBER haha no but if u see this u should reply cause its more fun!

What are your thoughts on volcanion? Do you see him as a volcano pokemon? What do you think of his unique typing? When do you think he will be able to be caught or received through an event?

Discuss!discuss!discuss!

jombii

Years
  • I'm really excited about Volcanion. Water/Fire type? Steam? I am really wanting to read his lore as it seems the two Gen VI event-only legendary seemed to be filled with good backstories.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    What are your thoughts on Volcanion? Do you see him as a volcano Pokémon? What do you think of his unique typing? When do you think he will be able to be caught or received through an event?
    Sadly, I'm not too sure if I'm actually fond of Volcanion, to be honest.

I do admit that it's creative; we've never had any fire-water type before, and now, this finally gives us some chance to see and utilize one! Though, what keeps me away from precisely liking this Pokémon would be its general appearance, which seems to be kind of mashed-together without much... thought, I suppose? I would have preferred it better if Volcanion were designed some other way.

In terms of battling, I'm not sure how much I'm fond of it as of yet, unfortunately, as I had never gotten any chance to try the Pokémon out. Hopefully, I will give Volcanion a go at some point in future, once I do manage to get a hold of it! Would definitely be nice if they were to hand this Pokémon via Mystery Gift, or something along the lines of that.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • Volcanion: I'm glad there's a Water/Fire-type, but I'm not really a big fan of it. I also learned it can't learn Ice-type moves, which is a big must for Water-types for me (especially since every other Water-type can learn Ice moves), so it kind of disappoints me a lot.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    What are your thoughts on Volcanion? Do you see him as a volcano Pokémon? What do you think of his unique typing? When do you think he will be able to be caught or received through an event?

The best way to describe Volcanion is 'a really cool typing with a poor design'. Volcanion or the volcano pokemon, has a design that suggests more of a ground typing. Also why not make Torkoal fire/water if the typing's from the ability to use steam? Just a thought there.

And while I agree that it's cool they finally decided to mash the two opposites together, I'm really not feeling it haha. Its design doesn't seem too great since it doesn't actually suggest anything that makes you say 'oh it's a fire/water!'. Though I feel like it'll be distributed via an in-game event or mystery gift, so who knows? Maybe I'm wrong about this and it turns out to be a great battler.

Hmm, that's interesting it can't use ice moves. Maybe the part fire just evaporates its ability to use ice? I feel like that also ruins the water aspect in a way. :(

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    On Showdown, I believe there is a custom move known as Water Eruption (or something along the lines), which has a base power of one-twenty as well as some decent chance of burning opponent alongside (similarly to Scald, but only more powerful); perhaps they could consider making such an attack available to Volcanion? If it were, this would likely turn into a signature move, which, in return, would help making the Pokémon stand out, in a way. Usually, side-legendaries (Jirachi, Celebi, and so forth) don't have sig moves, but some do; I feel it could work out without much trouble.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    As Aslan coined, 'cool typing, worse design'. It's also rather unfortunate that it couldn't use Ice-type moves, even though it is logically right that it couldn't use it.

Besides on its worse design, it doesn't even look like a legendary to me. It looks a bit too common for me.

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2015
    Nickname: The Dark One
    Partner: Walrein
    Reason: I've been a huge fan of Water types for 13 years. I thought that it would be fun to have bros with an affinity for everything aquatic
    Answer: Suicune, because we could use him to clean all the water in the world.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Nickname: The Dark One
    Partner: Walrein
    Reason: I've been a huge fan of Water types for 13 years. I thought that it would be fun to have bros with an affinity for everything aquatic
    Answer: Suicune, because we could use him to clean all the water in the world.

Hello The Dark One. Welcome to this aquatic group. :)
    We are currently discussing Volcanion, please feel free to express your opinion.

jombii

Years
  • As Aslan coined, 'cool typing, worse design'. It's also rather unfortunate that it couldn't use Ice-type moves, even though it is logically right that it couldn't use it.

Besides on its worse design, it doesn't even look like a legendary to me. It looks a bit too common for me.

Am I the only one who thinks that his design is great for a legendary? O_O

~~Diving Deep~~ (A Water Pokemon Fan Club)

Also, it follows logically that it is unable to use ice-type moves. But we have a much larger plethora of fire-type moves at its disposal so I guess it's a good trade-off?

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2015
    I honestly think Volcanion was created by an acid trip. You'd have to be pretty high to come up with something like this.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back