• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~~Diving Deep~~ (A Water Pokemon Fan Club)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
If I remember my first ever Elite Four winning team featured Starmie (Ace) and Blastoise. At the time Misty was my favourite character in the Anime so I think it may have been. :)

Anime used to have that strong influence to the kids of the generation. Sadly that influence have dwindled starting around The Best Wishes/Black & White season, ultimately the ratings have even hit rock bottom recently. Sorry for straying too far there, without any further ado let's begin discussing an another dual typing.

Water/Ice

A typing that is quite commonly seen in Kanto games. We have Dewgong, Cloyster, Lapras and the Spheal line with this typing combination.

Discussions that have been done
Spoiler:

Sirenita55

Team Popplio!
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2018
I love the Water/Ice typing, definitely one of my favourites and Lapras is by far my favourite within this group of tanks. I was very close to putting the gift Lapras in my X team but I wanted to explore the new gen Pokemon so I went with Clauncher. Surfing on Lapras is one of the most enjoyable things about X/Y :D

Killua

Well they have 4 weakness burlt two of them they get stab super effective advantages both walrein and lapras are great pokémon also they have some pretty NEAT advantages with stab/super effective in dragon. Rock, ground, grass...

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
Water/Ice is a neat typing, a lot of the water ice mons are great, and it is solid offensively.

Years
Water/Ice is a bit of a mixed bag as far as I'm concerned. The combination removes Ice's greatest threat which is Fire, and the Water-type can counter Rock, but the unfortunate Fighting weakness remains and the type is a common force in competitive play, and it doesn't help most of the Water/Ice are in the lower tiers as well.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 3, 2016
Hello guys , so finally I am in my holiday and I decided to play all pokemon game again from Gen 1 to Gen 5 :)
And you know what, just finished Pokemon Blue and I have found something soooooooo good and I want to share with you guys - Water Type lover :)

Since I chosen Bulbasaur to be my starter , I always think that I should get some water type pokemon, and in Gen 1, definitely my favorite is Lapras :) , and I can't believe by doing the same way catching MEW , I found Lapras Lv 7 at Cerulean City's and I am so happy with that , have train Lapras to become one of the best pokemon in my team in pokemon Blue

Here is the video that I have made about catching Lapras, I hope I have all support of you guys. Sorry again for my English, I am not an English speaker , my languages is so difficult :(

In case you can't watch the video on here, pls check it directly on Youtube
https://youtu.be/lK_RUvQfHv4

Hope you guys have a nice day
Thank you xx

Years
I can't seem to understand your video, but I do admit Lapras is definitely one of the better Water-types in the 1st Gen games. Starmie and Slowbro were in particular, very overpowered thanks to their Psychic-type, the former's speed and high Special stat while the latter lacked speed but was able to abuse Amnesia to raise its Special stat to ridiculous levels.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
I have to agree here lapras is definately one of the more powerful water types i personally liked it better than most eventhough there are alot of water/ice types around id say that lapras is my favoite not just cause its a single non evolving pokemon but because comeon its cute and elegant and its design is creative in some aspects.

Along with what Hikari said i see slowbro being very overused and op although starmie not so much anymore since its dropped since that gen but back then omg people would kill anything you put out with that starmies psychic, thunderbolt, and surf, put that with Amnesia or any move that raises the special attacked oh your in for it. Then of coarse there is the speed stat on that thing like wow its high so basically if you allowed it to raise its special attack bye bye you lost you whited out have fun!

Slowbro im not even gonna talk about him and his mega combined are just evil sorry to those who love him or like him but no i can never like that dude haha

Years
Slowbro is to me, a Pokemon that had always been good, showing you don't need speed when your other stats are what make you shine. The Mega makes it even more of a tank, with a huge buff to Defense and Sp. Attack, and it has both Calm Mind and Amnesia to patch up its Sp. Defense.

Let that thing get off some Calm Minds and it can tear apart most unprepared teams. Mega Slowbro is the perfect sign a derp must never be underestimated.

AkioMoto

Seer of Ledian's true power!
Years
Nickname: AkioMoto
Partner Pokémon: Wooper
th

Reason for joining: wooper wooper woop wooper woop woo per! *that's a reason right...?*

Topic answer: I personally prefer water type Pokémon that are designed to hit hard and fast like samurott, sharpedo, and kabutops

Years
Nickname: AkioMoto
Partner Pokémon: Wooper
th

Reason for joining: wooper wooper woop wooper woop woo per! *that's a reason right...?*

Topic answer: I personally prefer water type Pokémon that are designed to hit hard and fast like samurott, sharpedo, and kabutops

And a woop woop to you! Great to have you on board Akio, and nice choice with your partner since Wooper is one of my fave cute Water Pokemon as well, and it also adds to the fact I have a shiny Quagsire in X as well. I do personally love hard-hitters but the walls are fun as well, especially Jellicent thanks to successes I had with it in a few Randoms on Pokemon Showdown back in the day.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
Whilst I have never extensively used Slowbro I have used his Water/Psychic Counterpart Starmie a lot.

The Mysterious Pokemon holds happy nostalgic members for me. It was the Ace of my first ever team (In Blue). I also remember Misty's Starmie being challenging for my Squirtle led team. Indeed Misty's Starmie is a tricky opponent to this day in the Unova PWT. It's fast speed and access to Ice Beam is a big part of that.

The Staryu line was the first Pokemon I went for Shiny Forms in Chain Fishing and I have Shiny Forms of both. :)

When Blue is released in the 3DS shop I will almost certainly use the line again for a Blue run.

Years
Whilst I have never extensively used Slowbro I have used his Water/Psychic Counterpart Starmie a lot.

The Mysterious Pokemon holds happy nostalgic members for me. It was the Ace of my first ever team (In Blue). I also remember Misty's Starmie being challenging for my Squirtle led team. Indeed Misty's Starmie is a tricky opponent to this day in the Unova PWT. It's fast speed and access to Ice Beam is a big part of that.

The Staryu line was the first Pokemon I went for Shiny Forms in Chain Fishing and I have Shiny Forms of both. :)

When Blue is released in the 3DS shop I will almost certainly use the line again for a Blue run.

You suddenly reminded me that I used Starmie less often than I thought. I mostly blame it on the fact that I have a full team by the time I get to catch a Staryu, and now I feel Starmie got overshadowed as a strong Water/Psychic Pokemon by Slowbro now that Slowbro has a Mega that is great at tanking.

Years
This club is still struggling, so I'll give a bit of a plan of what I've got. I think I remember this club did a "Pokemon of the Week" based around a Water-type Pokemon and while I can't recall when it was last an event I think it could help for some well-needed discussion and activity because I'd hate to see this club die.

So, what do you think? Do suggest any Water Pokemon you want me to feature and hopefully I'll get around to it.

Years
Hey everyone, unfortunately the owner of this club has decided to close it due to inactivity. It's been struggling for a while and Hikamaru no longer feels she's able to keep it running as owner due to a general lack of interest/participation.

If anyone would like to take over, feel free to message me! Otherwise I sadly have to lock this. =(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back