• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Looks or Personality

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • Do you tend to fall in love with a person's looks or personality?

---

Personality for sure! I so lean more towards a girl's personality more than her looks, like... if she's pretty, I'll be attracted, but I tend to fall for a personality because if your personality is beautiful, so are you.

Ahhh.

---

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • well, looks are always the first thing that's gonna draw you to a person, let's be real. that's the only thing that you'll be able to take any stock of when you haven't spoken to a person and don't really know anything about them, unless you've heard them talk or know what their personality is more or less already for some reason. that being said, personality's obviously more important in the long run, but if I'm falling in love with someone, I'm falling in love with both their looks and their personality or else it's not going to work.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • Personality is a much larger factor than looks for me.

I have heard of a cafe that pairs you up with someone and puts paper bags or something over both of your heads and lets you talk, so you dont judge based on looks. I sort of like that.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I usually go for both... yet most times, I lean more towards personality most. I feel like personality is important. I mean, I don't want to be with someone who's going to be angry all of the time, you know? Looks aren't important to me, but I still tend to fall for those with good looks. However, I also make sure the person with those good looks has a good personality to back them up... if that makes sense?

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Well I mean, you're not going to notice a personality just out and about somewhere unless they are really out there and wear who they are on their sleeve. But usually looks are what bring me in. Though with my last two relationships I first started talking to them through facebook and they didn't really have any pictures except for their face so I really had nothing really to go on as far as looks go, but I did end up falling for their personality and then stayed around after I found out what they looked like. Idk. Maybe it's like 70/30 personality to looks?

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I've been interested in a lot of people who i deemed ugly prior to getting to know them. Looks help, but they have rarely had much of an influence on my decisions, which I know can be hard to believe

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • I have to admit I go for looks first. I'm not gonna be interested in someone that doesn't physically attract me. However, I don't want a gorgeous girl if she's gonna be either completely dull, needy, or a flat out jerk.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I can't say I have much experience in this area, but for me personally, looks seem to hold more weight, and I think that's because a majority of the people I interact with have pleasant personalities, making me subconsciously expect nice, well-rounded people

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    In all honesty, if I like what I see, then I check out the personality. If it's compatible, then the looks just end up being a perk.

That's seemed to work well with me as far as matchmaking, as I've been with my current beau for nearly five years now ;)

Years
  • I've only ever fallen for someone once in my life so far, and it was definitely the personality that got me. Uh...a lot of people say that looks are what initially draws you to a person, but for me it wasn't that since I had seen them as a friend for a couple of years before I developed strong feelings? But it's stupid and strange... but like... whenever I feel strongly for a person, they become super cute. Or perhaps it is only then I start "checking 'em out?" {XD}

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • Do you tend to fall in love with a person's looks or personality?

---

Personality for sure! I so lean more towards a girl's personality more than her looks, like... if she's pretty, I'll be attracted, but I tend to fall for a personality because if your personality is beautiful, so are you.

Ahhh.

---

This for certain. I always have and will fall in love deeply with their personality, if treated with kindness and respect long enough to come to know them well. As I am more perceptive than most; that doesn't usually take long~ :3

Looks unfortunately take a secondary place; they don't matter much. While looking good is a positive thing; it's not something I require from a person like ever if I've already decided their personality is absolutely lovable.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    personality is all i've ever gone for. the only thing i really care about with looks is whether or not they bathe regularly, but sure it's definitely a plus if they're aesthetically pleasing to me. if not i really don't mind, it's not a make or break deal at all.

Years
  • Personality is always going to be the biggest factor for me. I don't care if you're the most gorgeous woman alive, if you don't have the personality to match you can go home. I won't pretend that appearances mean nothing to me though, I don't think I could date someone I wasn't physically attracted to.

WolfAndSheep

Nor Predator, nor prey.
    Years
  • Both are important and it's necessary to have both or I wouldn't stick around or fall for them. But if I think without any bias about all my relationship related experience, I'm going to have to push looks a bit. I don't really think it makes me shallow though, because it's not all about the looks.

I'd put my best friend and lover on more or less the same tier as one another, which means that they would be equal in terms of how much I valued their personality, intelligence, personal values, and amount of time we spend with each other otherwise I just wouldn't be best friends with them at all. But with my friends I don't really care what they look like so much. Ie. if someone weren't attractive I'd probably just value them the same way as I would value a best friend. I don't think I really fall for people all that easily because of this - I can count the number of crushes I've had on people in my entire life on one hand. I've been with two people in life and both of them were very handsome and I was lucky those crushes were reciprocated :> I think I have kind of high standards and can't really help it. I'm the sort of person who looks for soul mates and I wouldn't commit to something unless they had the whole package.

A lot of people have a nice personality with good qualities and I get along with most people but few people are attractive in the way I want ._.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    My attraction to someone comes from their physical attributes.
    My emotional reactions come from their personality.

I need both, though.
    If I'm not attracted to someone, nothing more is going to come of it.
    If I don't have an emotional reaction to them, then it's usually just infatuation.

Back