• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Looks or Personality

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
    I'm always going to be judging people initially form their looks so that would immediately make me 'avoid' some people unless I get grouped with them and find out that their personality works with me. In the end as others have said personality is of course important through appearance will play a part of it also.

Adore

Party.
    Years
    Looks definitely draw me in first. Personality is key though. Who cares if you look good but are a complete jerk and/or can't hold a conversation?

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
    Well, I tend to go for looks to be honest more than personality. That probably makes me sound vain and selfish oh gosh I'm sorry. But if they are y'know, "ugly" but still have a cute personality, I'll still go for them. It all matters on how you treat me and if I fall for you I guess.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    You can fall for someone's personality on, say, PC or Skype and never know what they look like, but be attracted to who they are. Obviously I'm attracted to looks more, but nothing turns me off like a bad personality. The most gorgeous woman on Earth could be a terrible person and I'd find that revolting.

Cariad

world.search(you);
    Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2023
    appearance is what makes me notice the person and is usually what i focus on first, because if there's no physical attraction there it would only be a friendship for me
    personality is what makes me stay, if they're attractive but i don't like their personality i'm not gonna fall for them. if they're good-looking with a good personality then they're set

Years
    The first thing I usually notice about somebody is the way they look, unless it's online where personalities take pre-eminence for first impression.

But outside of online presence, I tend to look for a connection I could possibly have with a person via a mixture of their personality and their body language. While it's definitely a bonus if I see that person takes care to look presentable, I do like to see the way they use the tools at their staple to convey their energy.

Confidence is a big factor in making me personally inquisitive about somebody, and I do get drawn in by a person who is like that with an overall likeableness in appearance and portrayal.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Intellectual > Looks, Personality. I'm for real.

My previous significant other caught my eyes, because of that brain power. Looks are only good for the first few glance and bragging rights, while personality is vital as well; why would I pick a jerk? {XD}

Fire Heart

Reject Revolving Door
    Years
    Personality all the way, but the person I've got my eyes on isn't bad looking at all either :P

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I'm attracted to looks, I'll fall in love with personality. I don't pick one and just drop the other, as if love is a conscious decision. I mean, if I had to choose, personality over looks, but I hope I find someone with a bit of both.

Years
    in my case it's often been personality, as I've actually met a lot of of the people I've liked on forums or online games and talked to them a lot before meeting them in person, there's been one exception to this where I was attracted to their appearence and they ended up becoming my best friend :3

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
    People who say "it was their personality that drew me in", stop. Yeah nah. Of course, personality is probably the most important thing but it's not the first thing that I notice. What draws people in and influences their decision on wanting to talk to you or not is appearance. Physical aesthetic opens us the opportunity for the personality to express itself and for someone to get to know someone.

True.

Look does matter a little bit. Not that much, but I want someone who's "clean", who know of to take care of them. But personality matter the most. I would never be with someone who's look good, but who's an ass.

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2016
    I 100% have to have both in a partner on top of other things.
    I have to have someone I'm attracted to.
    Someone's who's personality I'm fond of. (kind & not grumpy is the main thing I'm looking for.)
    But they also have to have similar hobbies and interests as me. I don't care if he's hot AND nice, if we don't have any shared hobbies or interests what the hell are we going to do together?

Back