• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Pokemon Ranger and the Prince of the Sea" Movie Discussion

SBaby

Dungeon Master
Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    I thought it was pretty good, to be honest. Pirates, Pokemon and not-so-subliminal advertisements (which is par for the course with Pokemon). If LittleKuribo ever decides to do a Pokemon Abridged series, I'm sure he'll reference this in the movie parody. Overall, it was a good send off for Max and May, ending their saga (as far as the Anime goes) with a movie.

It kinda made me think of my Captain N in Pokemon Fic. Now if only Mother Brain and Simon Belmont were in Pokemon...

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
  • That actually bugged me a bit through the whole movie. First there's that obscure pun with the Luvdisc (I doubt most people caught that, though), then May cheering Ash on...not really meant as an Advanceshipping hint, true, but can still be taken that way...but then they made the realization at the end. Supposedly, Ash was flying because he had obtained the Sea Crown, making him King of the Sea. And Manaphy, the Prince of the Sea, believed May to be its mother, which in relation would make her Queen of the Sea, wouldn't it? So..........um, yeah...

Don't take me the wrong way. I actually prefer ContestShipping over AdvanceShipping (seems more canon to the anime itself), but this...

You forgot when Ash put May in that capsule. I mean when he actually put her in there, not while she was in there. That was sorta shippy too. Heh, I hadn't noticed the part about May being Queen of the Sea, thats pretty cool.

You do? I didn't know you liked any shipping *brick'd* Hehe, I used to be all CS, but this is starting to turn me into an Advanceshipper.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    You forgot when Ash put May in that capsule. I mean when he actually put her in there, not while she was in there. That was sorta shippy too. Heh, I hadn't noticed the part about May being Queen of the Sea, thats pretty cool.

You do? I didn't know you liked any shipping *brick'd* Hehe, I used to be all CS, but this is starting to turn me into an Advanceshipper.

Eh, not too much. I remember reading a review of the Japanese version on (I think) Serebii and it said something about the two of them looking in each other's eyes at that point...but there was nothing of the sort. Meh.

I didn't say I liked it. I just prefer the idea.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    One thing I always like about the movies is the animation, and fact that movements are sooo much better in the movies, as well as camera angles.
    I really loved the intro, with Jackie stealing the egg, I found it really amusing to watch... and again, loved the movements.

The movie in general wasn't my favorite Pokemon movie, but I did really enjoy it! ...I want to own it now!

I also loved the Team Rocket Heart-Swap, however, I liked that part better in Japanese... it was just more amusing that way for some reason.

Oh, and Manaphy was really adorable. I have to admit that I don't care for it too much, but it had a cute voice. x3

...and Jackie was awesomness.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    I also loved the Team Rocket Heart-Swap, however, I liked that part better in Japanese... it was just more amusing that way for some reason.

D'OH! How could I forget about the hilariousness of their most recent botched motto attempt? Of course, the D/P "fourth wall" jokes were still the best, but this was a close second.

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
    Years
  • I think my favourite funny part was when team rocket got their minds swapped. ^_^ hahahahaha, jessie being meoth was extremely funny, comlpaining about her know short legs because she was meoth!

But Phantom is the best villin yet. He doesn't give up on things, unlike other villins. Hes mean and green to the core.....he's a great example of what a pirate is suposed to be!! ^_^ It would of been nice though if he had a sword, and drew it out to fight Jackie, when he was returning the crystals to the crown. But ohwell.. Great Movie ^_^

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Lol Phantom sort of annoyed me, but he did make for a good villain.

The only part of the movie that really bugged me at all was the end, where Ash was zooming around covered in that yellow energy... thing. >>; They could've done something better for that part, I believe.

dannichols

A Theodore Tugboat Fan
    Years
  • Okay, I have seen this movie yesterday and I like it a lot. The way the Captain Phantom traveled by a torpedo was funny. It was also funny when he got crushed. I forgot what were those things he was wearing that gave him super strength. Jackie words did made me smile with humor.

CrystalFlow

Fun Trainer
    Years
  • Just finished watching, the movie was pretty good. very good opening with Jackie who all around was a very good character threw out the whole movie. Then Phantom was a very good movie villain, must say he was one of my favs threw out the pokemon movies. i don't think i could complain about the movie really, in my opionon it was a nice well rounded movie: had its funny parts, had the pick ups and the down drafts that every movie has. was well worth the wait for this movie, now we can wait for D/P to come out :D

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 9, 2007
    I think my favourite funny part was when team rocket got their minds swapped. ^_^ hahahahaha, jessie being meoth was extremely funny, comlpaining about her know short legs because she was meoth!

But Phantom is the best villin yet. He doesn't give up on things, unlike other villins. Hes mean and green to the core.....he's a great example of what a pirate is suposed to be!! ^_^ It would of been nice though if he had a sword, and drew it out to fight Jackie, when he was returning the crystals to the crown. But ohwell.. Great Movie ^_^

Yep i agree with you ^^ the Phantom was the best villian yet! he had the power which was his Mega Suit which made him very strong, loved how the phantom used puns he always thought up "there are two types of men in this world, those who get crushed and those who do the crushing!" lol

He used similar puns throughout the movie, i found that one the funniest 'cause it was the bit where he was holding the part of his ship falling on him after it got destroyed ^^;

Oh, The Phantom with a sword? that would of been cool and i drew him with one! ^^; glad u mentioned it heres a link to my drawing of him ^^;

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/51131228/ wat ya think? ^^

Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2009
    I think my favourite funny part was when team rocket got their minds swapped. ^_^ hahahahaha, jessie being meoth was extremely funny, comlpaining about her know short legs because she was meoth!

I agree totally with that~ it made me laugh. x3 hilarious~

Anyways! I thought this movie was really awesome actually. It was really fun and enjoyable to watch. The end part was a little silly (the yellow light king thingies) But it was nice and dramatic. lol.

I don't think Ash and May make the cutest couple... imo... But, it's all good, there were a few hints in there...~

Nice movie overall~ my 3rd favorite i think! ^.^

And i loved Jackie, lol, and his voice~ fit him perfectly xD

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
  • When Ash & May are swimming underwater and all of those Luvdisc come by...as a not-so-subtle hint...

(1800!)

Even I got that... XD

And i loved Jackie, lol, and his voice~ fit him perfectly xD

OMG! That was another one of my peeves I forgot. His voice was alright most of the time, but ocasionaly it started to sound like Captain Zap Branagin from Futurama. So erm yeah, that was another thing I didn't like.

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2021
    Excellent! I've now seen 1-3 & 9, and I think this is the best that I've seen. Although it was a bit long... and technically speaking, since I got it from a torrent, it didn't look quite right... But as a movie, it blew my expectations away. Now it's time to catch up on the rest of the movies - thank God for libraries! XD
    The Diamond and Pearl joke was probably the best one in the whole movie.

"I'm ready for some diamonds and pearls!"
    "Let's make it through this season first."
    I don't remember that one.

I liked the movie. The Special Effects were awesome. The Diamod and Pearl jokes were the 2nd best part.

The best part was seeing May in that Bikini! I swear she has boobs that rival Pam Anderson's! :D
    I agree with the first part, and no comment on the second.. o_O

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    ( xD This thread is horribly amusing.)

... So I have to ask... did the AdvanceShipping-ness in this movie bother anyone else? ^^;

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Ahaha, its the AshxMay pairing.
    A shipping is a pairing, and in the shipper's world its called AdvanceShipping.. oO

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2021
    I see. Well, I noticed it a bit, like when they were swimming or when Ash put them in the chamber, but it didn't really bother me.

Back