• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC sucks, I'm leaving!

Years
  • There are a lot of issues from the top of the staff (not all) to the bottom of the community. I left for various reasons and some of those reasons still exist to this day.

PC, overall, is a nice community. With every community, it has its issues with members being moronic (of which I was one back in the day), but that's just normal. PC, I feel, is very pop culture centred; if you aren't in the know with mainstream 'stuff', then you'll be cast out. It's a bit of a weird one, but not much can really be done. It does just come down to the community at that point.

A mobile skin that actually works would be nice. Doesn't need to be fancy. Just something clean and light. Maybe have an auto disable on signatures for that, because we all know some people's are just over the top and will eat data. Doesn't bother me with unlimited 4G, but others aren't that lucky.

The downtime is one of the most frustrating things for me. I might have been gone for 3-4 years, but it seriously doesn't look like it's gotten any better.

Some things on PC will never, ever change and that's the problem.​

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I mean... RT is a debate forum. So what exactly would you like us to do? More detail there would be much appreciated.

I just want the mods to keep social justice warriors under control from being highly aggressive towards users who disagree with their points whenever there's a thread related to race, gender, and disability.

Years
  • I just want the mods to keep social justice warriors under control from being highly aggressive towards users who disagree with their points whenever there's a thread related to race, gender, and disability.

If you want to talk about this further than feel free to VM/PM me or Nah. Honestly though, I think you're confusing them finding fault in your sources or flaws in your arguments with personal attacks.

Her

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    peggy if I see one more of those gosh darn leftists I'm gonna kick their ass I tell you h'whut

Guest123_x1

Pokemon Anime in particular is being derailed by two members (you know who) and the fact the section has no current mod is what's making it even worse because higher-ups may be too busy to check the section.

That reminds me, choosing replacements for when a mod leaves staff aren't happening as quickly as they used to. I remember when sections used to not take an eternity to find a new mod and now we have a few sections that are left entirely in higher-ups' hands due to them thinking there's "no suitable person" for the job.
    Definitely agree with your statement. As much as I like to make a contribution of some sort in PokéAni, it's hard to enjoy going over there when every other thread is hijacked with rants about "poor ratings" and other off-topic posts that sound borderline nonsensical or are even outright gibberish.

I've also noticed the longer and longer wait times for a new mod to be appointed to fill vacancies due to a previous resident mod retiring or being promoted. I seem to remember long ago when any particular section had a mod vacancy, a position would be filled in no more than a couple of weeks.

Years
  • I've also noticed the longer and longer wait times for a new mod to be appointed to fill vacancies due to a previous resident mod retiring or being promoted. I seem to remember long ago when any particular section had a mod vacancy, a position would be filled in no more than a couple of weeks.

As far as I know, it's been happening since 2012 when two people who were promoted to smods at the time left their previous sections without a resident mod for what ended up being around a year before they were finally replaced, and it has been quite a disturbing trend as of late. Another notable case was Round Table post-Livewire smod promotion, the section underwent three different mod changes in just a few months where the latest of the three left due to inactivity before the current duo finally stepped in. Pokemon Anime and Pokemon General seem like they're suffering the same fate that Video Games and General Entertainment had when they lost their mods to hstaff in 2012, in that it could take a year before a new leader steps up.

That's one of the few downsides I've been seeing with PC lately - the lack of acknowledgement that a section needs a new leader when the situation calls for it. Even when a higher-up sends a warning it goes unnoticed, which is definitely scary.

Unison the Keldeo E-27

[Moved Back to my Original Account]
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    I'm new to PC and I honestly don't know what to do. It seems like a nice place... I'm trying to put myself out there, but I don't think it sucks though >n<

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
    Years
  • I think there needs to be a stronger emphasis on competitive Pokemon here. Obviously not at the expense of everything else, but to a greater extent that there is now. I feel like the server and the competitive subforum don't get as much exposure as they deserve. It might sound ridiculous coming from me, since the other community I'm a part of is pretty much all competitive Pokemon (save an off-the-wall social forum and small in-game section), but it would be fun to have our own decently sized community of elite players. Even if it were mostly OU (which I don't play, RIP).

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I think there needs to be a stronger emphasis on competitive Pokemon here. Obviously not at the expense of everything else, but to a greater extent that there is now. I feel like the server and the competitive subforum don't get as much exposure as they deserve. It might sound ridiculous coming from me, since the other community I'm a part of is pretty much all competitive Pokemon (save an off-the-wall social forum and small in-game section), but it would be fun to have our own decently sized community of elite players. Even if it were mostly OU (which I don't play, RIP).
    Doesn't even need to be elite; just people who want to get there at some point. For a growing community, more important than people who are really good, getting new people into the meta is pretty important. That way, even if some good players leave the community, there's still more people to come.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • As already mentioned, I feel like PC lacks an up to date incentive system. Emblems were pretty cool back when they were relatively new, but when they were the only thing awarded for anything, they quickly began to feel less special. Especially during the Get Togethers where you could get up to like 10 emblems just during that event.

Unfortunately, I don't really have any good ideas for what exactly a good incentive system could be, and I remember that was the main trouble we had when it came to organizing events for PoC back in the day. Best thing I can think of would be getting points through competitions/contests, reaching certain postcount milestones, etc., that could be used to buy stuff like name changes and special effects to your usertitle or something, but I just feel like what could be done with that is very limited.

We clearly need more pink. Maybe a pink RP mod would do the trick?
    Shame that alternate coloured moderator names never became a reality :( I remember pink being the favourite!

Last edited:
    Back