• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC sucks, I'm leaving!

Years
  • What needs to change in PC is better monitoring to keep its most viled members in check. I've seen countless debates in at the Round Table and the Pok?mon Anime subforum that go nowhere.

I agree with you here, Pokemon Anime in particular is being derailed by two members (you know who) and the fact the section has no current mod is what's making it even worse because higher-ups may be too busy to check the section.

That reminds me, choosing replacements for when a mod leaves staff aren't happening as quickly as they used to. I remember when sections used to not take an eternity to find a new mod and now we have a few sections that are left entirely in higher-ups' hands due to them thinking there's "no suitable person" for the job.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I think pc is a safe haven for anyone who feels like they don't fit in. I know this doesn't apply to everyone, but over the years I've noticed a lot of members who spend a lot of time here have either some sort of social issue, trouble making friends, trouble at home, or a mental disability.

I know when I joined (2009/10?) and when I was very active I was very depressed and very anxiety ridden. I didn't talk to many people outside of pc and I felt isolated in real life. Pc became a place I could go to talk to others, make friends, and not feel so nervous/shy.

Now that I'm older and have faced these setbacks I find myself losing more and more interest here. I don't think pc is all that different from when I joined. The biggest difference would have to be the people, but even that's not so crazy different.

So overall I don't think there's anything pc is lacking that it had before and I don't think there's anything reasonable that could be implemented to be that much better. Pc just appeals the most to a certain niche of person and I think it's a safe and welcoming place for those people.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    PC does indeed suck, and it's all that Nah person's fault. Absolutely terrible mod, should be fired and then perma-banned 5 and a half times and then forced to listen to Ben's puns for 24 hours straight for one day a year, every year.

Physical incentives like Pokemon game giveaways (I believe we gave away one copy each of Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire as part of a pre-release hype competition or something before ORAS was released) are fantastic imo, it's just that they, y'know, cost money, and no one should be forced to put out money for an internet forum, so those kinds of things aren't gonna be a consistent incentive since they can really only come when someone is willing to shell out the $$$ (nevermind possible shipping issues).

Also, I still support this idea of Anti's: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=353696

Lize

Forever paired with [b]machomuu[/b]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Mar 25, 2023
    PC has Ben. I think I'm leaving.

Seriously, though. I really haven't been bothered by anything over here. There's nothing on PC that calls for me to even think about leaving. I'd only say that I'm really waiting for that PC 2.0 because hyped and I kind of notice at times that PC is old, but.. that's about it.

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
    Years
  • PC sucks, I'm leaving!

so people can be silly or whatever and create threads in not the most appropriate section(yes i'm sure you all think it's fine here and sure it is but isn't this a feedback thread and this place got a feedback board especially for that? ) with a thread title that is totally different than the content of the thread aka being silly or something, one can assume at least

but then people who think them being silly doing this, irrelevant/strange title and all, one cannot be silly too and post something thats relevant to the title?

ok.​

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    We need some glue, so people don't run away and stay. Also some fire and pitchforks. Gotta have some beef on here, as well. People love that stuff.
    so people can be silly or whatever and create threads in not the most appropriate section(yes i'm sure you all think it's fine here and sure it is but isn't this a feedback thread and this place got a feedback board especially for that? ) with a thread title that is totally different than the content of the thread aka being silly or something, one can assume at least

but then people who think them being silly doing this, irrelevant/strange title and all, one cannot be silly too and post something thats relevant to the title?

ok.​
    Welcome to PC!

Sirfetch’d

I think Ben summed things up well here guys so lets get back on track in the thread. I don't want this to stray off and become a discussion about thread titles or what not. :^)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I feel like PC could also use a bit more sex appeal... how about we hire some hot young celebrities to swing by and post up a storm and we'll have fangirls flocking in from miles away? My vote goes to Simon Neil, mmmmmmmmmmmmm.........

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • idk if i see any problems with pc or anything that needs to change.

But we could up the sex appeal a bit. Maybe even make some dreams come true like Archys to have a Bang the Person above you thread.

Years
  • It's been said before but really, a section doesn't need a moderator that badly. It taking time is a good thing and keeping a section fun, active and happy is mostly down to you guys, the users. True, you can't stop users from arguing or breaking rules, but the report button is there for a reason and H-staff will deal with it when they can.

You have a point, but sometimes higher-ups are very busy and may not have time to look at a report.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • PC needs more bolt on features like it needs a hole in the head. I'm satisfied with the current PC discord chat, I'm satisfied with most forum features, though that can and always should be worked on to be improved on the back in so it functions smoothly. So PC as a website needs a little bit more computational muscle I think at times on the back end. Of course this can be achieved by adding more metal, as in hardware, or by further optimizing our current software so it requires less computation! :3

Of course additional widgets, gadgets and gizmos are nice sometimes. I think neat little emblems you can earn in each section that are not so much based on merit, but on other things like participating to a certain quantifiable level would be neat. You know, something that rewards things like thread creators or people who reply to a lot of threads and maybe keep topics going and generally behave as a positive force in a section. :3

Of course there will always be room for "special" emblems. The contest prizes, the merit emblems, and the like. Perhaps neat little widgets besides just emblems could be created, though i'm not creative enough to suggest anything else on that front. Perhaps they could chain onto someone's usergroup bar, but be only decorative add-ons. Or maybe there could be perhaps symbols you could obtain from doing something or being a part of something. (or just donating for)

of course I'm only mentioning all of this playfully, not as any real suggestions.

Years
  • What needs to change in PC is better monitoring to keep its most viled members in check. I've seen countless debates in at the Round Table and the Pokémon Anime subforum that go nowhere.

I mean... RT is a debate forum. So what exactly would you like us to do? More detail there would be much appreciated.

Flower

✿ flower keeper ✿
    Years
  • I can't really think of much that really needs to be done for PC, honestly. Being on multiple forums that have designated Club forums though, it's a little odd to see there are none on PC, rather clubs are just scattered throughout multiple forums which feels incredibly out of place (and clubs in those forums take up space for discussion). I don't mind them not being in one named forum, but it's just such a foreign thing to me lol.
    A new-and-improved incentives system would be pretty nice too, though I quite like the emblems thing going on.

There's just not many ideas that can come to mind, since honestly PC's all I want already, being a sort of safe haven for me. x:' Oh well.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I think PC needs more toggles tbh. If they don't come soon I might jump ship.

/modnote Avoid complaining about specific members (unless obvious joke), even if you're not naming them, please :).

Back