• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Mewtwo or Mew?

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2021
    Who do you prefer from this duo Mewtwo or Mew? I like them both but I'd have to say I like Mew more because it was more of a challenge to get due to being an event legendary.

Years
  • I like Mew because it's cuter. :x I'm a sucker for cute things.

Also, it's actually balanced! In future generations Mew isn't overpowered and can be used in non-uber battles. I like that about Mew since I wouldn't feel cheap using it.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • I prefer Mewtwo a little, because it really shows its psychic powers, while Mew is only playfully flying around on Faraway Island. I haven't used Mew in Gen III though.

FSBS

Defunct
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2019
    I've been a big fan of Mewtwo since the first movie. He looks cool, he's got the whole angsty villain edge to him. I think his story has a lot of untapped potential that I'd like to explore in the near future.

Years
  • I like Mew better of the two, because I have a fetish for cute Pokemon. Don't get me wrong, Mewtwo is awesome as well but I just like the cuter stuff more.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Undeniably Mewtwo is better, stat wise. I prefer Mew though, as it looks cute and it can learn almost every moves out there.

Sirfetch’d

Mew is cuter but Mewtwo gets my vote due to the fact that it is much easier to obtain. I don't think that I have ever owned a Mew legally in any game. I have gotten numerous chances to use Mewtwo and I love it a lot!

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Mew is cuter but Mewtwo gets my vote due to the fact that it is much easier to obtain. I don't think that I have ever owned a Mew legally in any game. I have gotten numerous chances to use Mewtwo and I love it a lot!

Eh? I hope you got yourself the Wi-Fi Mew from Gen IV.

Ahem. On the main topic, design wise I would go for Mew and competitive wise Mewtwo is the winner.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I like Mew a lot more because of the rarity factor (and cuteness), but with battling and overall power, Mewtwo wins that contest hands down.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Yeah I've never legitimately obtained a Mew so Mewtwo takes it for me. Mew is cuter, but Mewtwo is Mewtwo.

Years
  • Mew for me due to how rare it is. It also has an absurdly vast movepool and is balanced across the board, so it can be set up for almost anything competitively.

Life

[FONT="Poiret One"][color=#aaaaaa]Perception of Re
    Years
  • I always liked Mewtwo more. (unless it's a shiny mew ofc :D)
    It kinda reminds me of Frieza from Dragonball Z so I always liked the way it look. Also it's overpowered!

Back