• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] «Sword Art Online: Sanctuary» [IC][T]

Geras

Roleplayer
Years

• Rikuto Yuuto Sato // Ryuusa Lv.7
    Urbus
    In store: Floor 1 - Closed, Floor 2 - Closed (Special Item: Berserk Ring / 2000 col)

"What? Is it really your birthday?" Rikuto and Princess stepped outside the now-closed store still talking. "That's pretty interesting, but I guess it puts a damper on you when it comes to presents, huh? Haha," Rikuto continued lightheartedly. He'd noticed that she looked sad at the mention of the cloaks, remembering Psyche no doubt, but he figured the best thing he could do was try to cheer her up. "Don't worry though, I'll make sure to get you two presents instead of saying that one counts for both occasions."

Once he finished, he looked away from Princess up to the scene in front of him. Yup, it was definitely Christmas, a very Western Christmas. There was a massive lit up tree with a star at its head and Santa Claus at its foot, snow under his own foot (much more than before), and stands with Christmas food all about. On second thought, there wasn't all that much of a difference between Western Christmas and Japanese Christmas in those aspects. The differences were in the food and the people mostly. He noticed that most people were gathered in groups of friends rather than couples, himself included. It stood out to him because he was so used to the way it was celebrated as a lovers' holiday in Japan. Another difference he noticed immediately was the turkeys in the stands. He had gotten used to his family (himself and his parents) eating fried chicken on the holiday when he still lived with them (he was fascinated by the marketing aspect behind it all, but that was beside the point). In fact, he'd never tried turkey before. Maybe today would be his day for it. One thing that was like home though was the ever-familiar Christmas cakes. He definitely needed to buy one since it wouldn't feel like Christmas without it. There was one other essential part of Christmas for him that was missing, but he tried not to think about her right now, at least not while he still had things to do.

He didn't need to scan the area for long before he spotted the gathering of four waiting on a set of benches near the tree. "Cutting it a little late, aren't you boss?" Rikuto instantly recognized the sharp tongue of his alchemist. "I mean, you're an entire hour late and the store is right there." She paused for a moment before a small grin appeared on her face. "So...what do you have in store for us this time?"

Rikuto opened his mouth to speak, but another player interrupted by running in front of them. He recognized him as the strange player from a couple days ago. The man looked to Princess and enthusiastically shouted, "Aha! You're a child, I must gift- Nnnnope, not an NPC, don't mind me!" Giving gifts to NPC children definitely sounded like a quest. Perhaps thats what everyone was lining up in front of Santa for, besides the obvious gift wishing. The helmeted man - Turnip, he was called - turned to leave, but he abruptly stopped. "YOU." He said in an almost demonic voice, "I've got a present… with your name on it!" Turnip then did something Rikuto wouldn't have imagined. He tossed a present up and kicked it straight into an NPC child's face. "Nailed it!" Rikuto could picture the look of pride over the vegetable's face. As for himself, he winced at the action. NPC or not, it just didn't seem right...or even entirely sane. Regardless, it wasn't any of his business so he just ignored the whole incident. At least until a thought occurred to him.

When Turnip was gone, he turned his attention back to his employees to see the surprised looks in their faces. Xenith rolled her eyes and said, "What an idiot," whereas Kouki looked in the direction the helmeted-and-hatted player had run off like he had seen a unicorn, saying, "You gotta admit, that was a pretty nice shot." Silver Mist looked quite scared while Camlann seemed unaffected by the antics.

"You know," began Rikuto, "It looked like that quest is some sort of scavenger hunt for kids around the city where you give them presents. It actually sounds like a lot of fun, not to mention that everyone here likes quest rewards, right?" It looked like he had caught their attention, although Xenith didn't look entirely excited. It seemed like she was back to her old, cold-fronted self as opposed to the openly concerned and caring self from yesterday. Of course, he knew that she was caring no matter what, she just didn't show it as much as she should. "There are six of us, so why don't we split into teams and have a race to see who can finish the quest first?" Now he had definitely piqued the interest of his employees, getting vocal approval from all except Xenith. Rikuto rubbed his chin with his hand pensively. "Xenith, why don't you go with-"

"Princess," She interrupted, probably a little more forcefully than she meant to. "I mean, if that's alright with her. Although you included her into your count before even waiting to see if she wanted to do this in the first place."

Rikuto paused for a moment before clearing his throat and continuing. Of course, he didn't really need to, but it helped him segue back into what he was saying a little less awkwardly. "Y-yes, of course. Anyway, Why don't Silver Mist and Calmann go together, and Kouki-"

"Hold it!" Rikuto sighed at the appearance of yet another interruption, this time from his fellow manager. Normally they were more obedient than this, but he supposed that everyone was off the clock today so he was on equal footing with everyone right now. "Sorry," Kouki apologized, noticing Rikuto's annoyance at the interruptions. "We're both managers now, so I wanted to try something. Okay, so we all do the race, but you and I do it solo. Think of it as kinda like a challenge, or… a duel! Yeah, I challenge you to a duel!" With those last words, Kouki pointed at Rikuto, a fire in his eyes.

"You know that has nothing to do with management, right?" quipped Xenith.

"Shut up, I know that! But it still sounds like a cool idea, right?" Kouki retorted, finger still pointed at Rikuto, but the dramaticness of the gesture was gone now. Xenith rolled her eyes again in response.

Rikuto grinned widely. "Alright then, I accept your challenge!" He turned to the rest of the group. "Whoever wins, I might splurge a little on your present, or presents for those in groups." He then addressed only Princess. "Remember, none of this is mandatory. If you want, you can go hang out with Zeus and Poseidon instead, you know, celebrate your birthday."

While Rikuto spoke with Princess, the others continued talking around them. "Huzzah!" boomed Camlann. "A test of speed and wit? Magnificent! I shall prove myself, boss! And presents? Your generosity knows no bounds!"

"W-w-wait, presents? W-we were supposed to bring p-presents?" Silver Mist sounded worried.

"Nah, boss is just feelin' the Christmas spirit! He didn't tell us to bring anything, so we don't have to," Kouki explained.

"A-are you s-sure? T-then I feel bad for not bringing anything…"

Xenith, however, said nothing. She intently watched the interaction between Rikuto and Princess, god knows what thoughts bouncing around in her head.

(OOC:) How the store works:
    Spoiler:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • William Danielson||Godot
    Lv. 13||Floor 2 - Urbus

You seem exhausted..." Lacy said with a worried look on her face. "You really don't have to make me a new cup of hot chocolate, I'm really fine with buying myself a new one."

"Are you really still trying to pitch that?" Godot said looking back at Lacy. The pointed to his head with his thumb and said, "Look, it's just a small headache. I'm fine, really." He shoved his hand in his pocket and smiled wryly. "Heh, you sound like my mom." He scratched his head. "And my younger sister..." He felt it strange to refer to Kagome in such a way. He was actually starting to think of her as a little sister, and it was something that she practically urged, trying to turn something seemingly fiscal into a natural bond. He'd already told her that he loved her, and the feelings had truly been forged, so she definitely knew what she was doing. Then again, maybe it wasn't a matter of her knowing how to treat him, maybe she really saw him as her brother and loved him all the same.

After accepting Lacy's friend request, Godot started to move about, almost as if he were looking for a very specific shop. "Since this is a treat, I'm gonna get us some player-made «Chocolate Powder». It's way better than NPC and brand name stuff." He walked to a nearby PC shop and quickly found a rather low quality Chocolate Powder among the sale items. "...Most of the time..."

While perusing about, Godot couldn't help but glance at Lacy several times. Something was familiar about her, but he couldn't figure out what. It was starting to get on his nerves, like an itch he couldn't scratch. He tried his best not to draw attention to it, calling forth his normal mannerisms such as scratching the back of his head and rustling his hair to mask he analysis. After all, in his recent experiences, women had the tendency to bypass any notion of creepiness or normalcy and quickly dub him a pervert. Maybe he was just unlucky, or maybe he was hanging out with the wrong women...who made up the majority of his Friends List. He needed more guy friends.

After buying the ingredients (Chocolate Powder, Soothing Milk, Small Marshmallows, and Cinnamon), Godot started to muse about where he would make it. "I don't have a house yet...and I really don't want to take you out to the wild and make a campfire." He crossed his arms and nodded his head about. "Well, there's always the other option, but..." He looked at Lacy. The "other option" being the inn, he knew that it probably wasn't a good idea. He could see it now, with a swivel and a face contorted with both fear or rage, she would curl her hands into fists and yell, "YOU PERVERT!" Possibly with a bunch to the face, shove to the chest, or kick to the 'nads. For a few moments, Godot mulled over whether it was worth it, gritting his teeth as he considered the consequences.

"You..." He winced. "Do you want to..." He bit his tongue. "How about we..." His fingernails dug into his hand. It seemed that his body was doing everything it could to stop him from suggesting renting an Inn room. It was as if it were insisting that he not ask her, then begging, and finally resorting to physical force. His conscience and will powered through, however, and he said the first thing that came to his mind. "Would you like to come to my room with me!?"

Whoops.

Louder and far more direct than he expected, Godot blurted out the last thing he wanted and ironically the first thing he thought. Expletives flooded his mind like a hurricane, and he was left speechless. He looked left and right, noting a few looks from on-goers. "Wh-" His train of thought was starting to get back on track. "Wh-wh-wha-what I meant was..." He stepped back a little, "My room has cooking utensils..." He stepped back more. "...And I can cook..." Just a bit more. "...There." By now, he had his eyes trained on Lacy. To be more specific, he had his eyes trained on her fists and feet so that, should she strike, he would be ready.

Rise Amagawa||Apathy
    Lv. ?||Floor 2
    A Fit of Emotion

Ashley's mood depressed, and Apathy felt bad about that. She felt bad because it was her fault that Ashley was drawing on such insecurities. She could change that. With a posed smile, Apathy looked at Ashley and said, "Being able to show emotion isn't that great. It's actually pretty mundane, really." She widened her smile and put her arm around the armed Ashley. "If you really want it so bad, we could always be together. Whenever you want to talk to someone, I'll smile for you." She dropped her smile. "That way you'll look far more normal and far less creepy by comparison."

She released Ashley but continued to make eye contact, walking backwards and saying, "So you have nothing to worry abo-" Apathy's legs got tangled in something. She fell to the ground and her head landed on something soft. "Ugh..." she muttered, turning her head to the side and realizing that she'd tripped over an unconscious person and fell onto the incapacitated body of another. "What the..." She'd initially assumed they were part of some event, but her quest log remained empty. She stood up and examined the bodies' tags. Their names were "P@nix" and "Leilan". Definitely players. Probably knocked out by a player, too, but if they were, their assailant couldn't be dangerous; after all, no PK or monster would knock players out and leave. The only way that they would be any sort of threat was if they were looking for rare items as well...or if they were a thief.

Then, footsteps could be heard not far off. It wasn't a monster, it was probably just another player. Apathy turned to Ashley and said, "Be on your guard." If it truly was a thief then they would need to be ready to strike. Apathy readied her sword and held it over her head in a defensive position. When the player finally appeared from the darkness, they were revealed to be a girl with black hair who seemed to be wearing some sort of cloak as a cape. She seemed to ecstatic about something, spinning her katana in her hand and humming as she skipped towards the two. She didn't seem to notice them, and was ready to skip past them.

Apathy was frozen, however. She was shaking, and she looked as if she was ready to collapse at any moment. Just as the girl passed her, Apathy said, "...Kagome?" The girl stopped. Her smile melted away and a stern expression took its place. Neither of the girls moved for a few moments before they both turned toward each other. Apathy smiled a possibly genuine smile, mostly made believable by the tears in her eyes. "Kagome, it's so good to see you ag-"

"What the hell are you doing here," Kagome barked with a voice that make even the fiercest lion cower in fear. "I thought I told you never to show your face around me again!"

"But sis, I-"

Kagome's eyes widened and her buster sword materialized. She took a swipe at Apathy with it. Apathy barely dodged and Kagome, with her sword pointed at Apathy, yelled, "DON'T YOU CALL ME 'SIS', YOU LITTLE DEMON!" She raised her sword to the roof of the dungeon and it changed from its normal color to pitch black, an ethereal red blade covering it.

Apathy couldn't take it all. Kagome's words hurt so much that it felt like being stabbed over and over again without death ever being in sight. They hurt more than words could describe. Apathy fell to her knees and looked up at Kagome's blade, and Apathy's fell to the floor. "You're really going to kill me?" Kagome didn't respond. "...You really hate me that much?" Again, she didn't respond. Apathy's face, by this point, was streaming with tears. Kagome showed no sympathy, however. All that showed on her face was pure, bonifide hatred. Her arms were unwavering, not trembling in the slightest. She didn't wince even once. She was ready to kill.

Apathy wiped her face and sniffed. Why did you decide to play the game. Is it because of that person you mentioned. She put her hands out at her sides and looked down. "Then just do it...death would be far better then dealing with this pain anymore. If the only person...the only thing I care about hates me..." You could say that...they are the only person I'll ever really... Kagome reeled back on her sword. That's what I thought, anyway. Kagome said something too quiet for Apathy to hear, probably the name of the Sword Art. It didn't matter, though; it was the end. "...Then there's no reason for me to exist." Things...changed.

"I agree," Kagome said gravely, "Everyone would be happier if you were gone, especially me." Kagome smiled a rather dark smile. "Consider this a mercy killing."

Everyone would be happier? Apathy thought to herself. That's true...I only care about Kagome. Her happiness is my happiness. Kagome grunted as she started to bring the blade down on Apathy. Apathy closed her eyes. Her happiness is my happiness. Kagome struck.

Right?

"Megiddo!" A loud metallic clang rang out as the sisters' swords met. Kagome's face contorted with even more rage than it previously had. "What the hell!?" She yelled furiously. She struggled to crush Apathy under the «Meteor Blade», forcing herself upon her younger sister with all her might, but Apathy, having regained her usual deadpan expression, looked at Kagome with complete stoicism. She wasn't worried. She flicked her wrist, and Kagome stumbled backwards, her Sword Art dissipating.

"I was wrong." Apathy looked at Ashley. "There are other people who care about me. There are only two of them, but that's all I need." She turned back to Kagome. "There's an idiot that I need to live for, an idiot that accepted me for the apathetic monster that I am. He gave me a reason to live, and I love him without a doubt." Apathy's blade, which a few moments ago had turned black, reverted to its original color. "There's a girl, a Belle who is self conscious because she's been rejected by society and doesn't realize how normal she really is. She's beautiful, and I love her as well." She raised her sword towards Kagome. "There's a woman who was separated from her sister at birth. She was kept in a cage and was haunted by the song 'Kagome Kagome', perfectly describing her life in nutshell. She's kind, gentle, more nurturing than anyone I've ever met. I love her more than the world itself." She took a fighting stance and said, "I love her so much that I'm willing to fight for her love in return."

Kagome, still overflowing with rage (and at this point, a small bit of uncertainty), put her weapon away and headed towards the exit. "Don't think for a second that this is over," she muttered.

Apathy wondered why Kagome didn't fight then and there, but thought nothing of it. They would meet again, and next time, they would settle it. Apathy sighed and walked over Ashley. "Sorry about that." She knew that saying something like that with the tension of the previous situation in mind was something of an underplay, but it was all she could do. "Um...do you still want to do this dungeon?" Apathy asked with crimson cheeks.

Last edited:

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
    Years
  • Ashley Leigh ― «愛の力»

Unenthusiastically Emotional

Chapter I ― Part VI
    "Brimming with Excitement"

Dungeon
    x

Ashley took a few steps closer to Apathy, then spontaneously yanked her into a tight hug. "..." When she pulled away a few seconds later, she looked into Apathy's eyes. "No one's ever said anything so nice about me before." Her eyes smiled, lighting up an otherwise neutral face. "We'll be best friends, forever." She looked to her spear as she took a few steps forward. Slowly, her hand tightened around the shaft, curling into a fist. "If you're going to fight her... You're not doing it alone." Ashley held her spear outward, pointed toward where the other woman had left. "I'll defend you myself if I have to."

She stood firmly, the flat end of her spear clicking against the ground. "I'll take front. You can sneak by and kill them all stealthily while they're distracted with attacking me." Ashley headed into the corridor, but stopped, turning her head to look at Apathy. "You should introduce me to that boy after this... If he's as understanding as you say he is, maybe I could have two friends." Ashley cocked her head to the side, leaning forward. Had her face not been so stoic, and her tone so bland, it would have been quite obvious that she intended light teasing. "I also think you should tell him... You know, what you told her about him."

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
    Years
  • Lacy
    Player level 13
    Floor 2: Urbus

"Are you really still trying to pitch that?" Godot said just like Lacy had expected. He pointed to his head with his thumb and said, "Look, it's just a small headache. I'm fine, really." He said confidently. "Heh, you sound like my mom." He scratched his head. "And my younger sister..." lacy could see a smile appearing on his face. This little sister must be important to him just like Lacy was to Lucina. "I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to sound so... motherly?" Lacy chuckled as she followed Godot inside a store after he had confirmed her friend request. He explained to her that he was getting player-made «Chocolate Powder» because it was bettter than the ones made by NPC's.

As they got more ingredients for the hot chocolate Godot started staring at her once again. Lacy started to wonder why he kept doing this all the time but figured that he probably wasn't staring at her because he was some kind of pervert, he would've stared at something else instead of her face if he was one. It seemed like Godot had gotten all the ingredients for the hot choclate. "I don't have a house yet...and I really don't want to take you out to the wild and make a campfire." Lacy heard Godot speak as he crossed his arms. It was pretty normal that most players hadn't gotten a house yet. "Well, there's always the other option, but..." He looked at Lacy who blinked at him a few times.

"You... Do you want to... How about we..." Godot kept correcting himself. It seemed like he was not sure how to say whatever he was going to say. Godot only stared at her by now and definitely looked like he was about to say something awkward. "Would you like to come to my room with me!?" He suddenly shouted. Some players in the store got quiet and glanced at Godot as if he had committed a crime and the judge came with the conclusion that he was not guilty.

"Wh-" Godot started stuttering. "Wh-wh-wha-what I meant was..." He stepped back a little, "My room has cooking utensils..." and stepped back more. "...And I can cook..." and more. "...There." Godot stared at Lacy's hands as if he was expecting her to hit him with everything she got. Lacy only smiled and felt kinda bad for him because everyone here had labelled him as a pervert.

"Sure, why not?" Lacy replied. She noticed that some people in the store were suprised of her answer and Lacy quickly added, "I mean, you don't have a house yet, right? Then where else could you cook?" Lacy said a bit more loudly so everyone could hear that and go back to their own business, which they did. Lacy came closer and whispered, "You shouldn't shout that so loud next time."

She walked towards the door and waited. "Shall we?" she said with a smile.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
    Years
  • Hono Nakamura ― «火の鳥»

Adorably Ecstatic

Chapter III ― Part IV
    "Not Your Typical Grind"

OUT OF BOUNDS
    x

"Watch out!!"

Mega-taur's flail swung horizontally, crashing into Hono directly, forcing a pained screech as it crashed right into her ribs and knocked her sideways into the wall, bouncing her onto the ground.

"Drink a potion, hurry!!"

Hono cringed and forcefully dug into her pouch and did her best to put the potion to her lips as fast as she could.

"C'mon, hurry!! 26 percent, 19, 13, 10, 7, 4...!" As Shiren counted, her voice rose with the intensity of the situation. "1... 24, 56, 88, 100! Get up, hurry!"

"Ugh...!" Hono struggled to her feet, and with no time to spare, as Mega-taur's flail slammed into the floor immediately behind her, the shockwave pushing her onto her feet more quickly. She turned to face the dungeon's boss, leaping up and landing on the weapon handle, leaping off of it right into the boss' face. Mega-taur was down to a quarter of his last HP bar, and Hono knew she only had one shot at this. "Phoenix Talon!!"

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Lv. 13||Floor 2 - Urbus

...Or maybe I just associate myself with the wrong type of women. Godot was shocked at Lacy's rather ordinary response to his request. She wasn't nearly as violent as he thought she'd be. More surprisingly, she wasn't completely dense, and generally that was the only other reason a girl wouldn't hit him below the belt. He was definitely hanging out with the wrong women. "Y-yeah," Godot said with a nervous chuckle.

Godot made his way up to a room he'd booked earlier. It was one of the cheaper rooms, mainly since the only thing he could see himself doing there was sleeping and honing skills (though, ironically, he'd slept on a tree the previous night). It had the essentials, pretty much all that he needed for making «Hot Chocolate». Godot motioned Lacy to the small coffee table not far off from the kitchen area. "Take a seat, this won't take long to make."

Godot walked over to the counter and laid out his items, taking some «Sugar +1» out of the cabinet just below it. He scrolled through his menu and equipped an «Iron Grater». He looked up at Lacy and back down again. He got out a bowl and put it under the grater, promptly grinding the «Cinnamon» into a powder and mixing the «Sugar +1» with it. A sweet aroma filled the air, and Godot had to bask in it for few moments. He loved the smell of cinnamon, especially when sweetened. He honed in close to the bowl and hovered over it slightly, taking moderate sniffs of the sweet mixture. After having mixed the Cinnamon, Godot poured the concoction into a small container, with the item renaming itself «Sweetened Cinnamon +1». He looked over at Lacy again.

After that, he lit a small fire and placed the «Soothing Milk» in a pot over the fire to heat. He poured some of the cinnamon into a mug, followed by some chocolate powder, and set the mug in front of Lacy. "So tell me," He started, hovering his hand over the milk to check the temperature. "Do I know you from somewhere?" He made frequent glances at Lacy, though this time it was out of social courtesy rather than it being Godot attempting to figure out who she was. "I can't put my finger on it, but something about you seems really familiar." Godot removed the milk from the flame and poured it into the mug and stirred it, promptly dropping some marshmallows inside.

He took his seat in front of Lacy and said, "I could swear I've seen you somewhere." He rested his hand on his chin and his elbow against the table. "Well, more like I recognize something about you. Do you have any ideas?"

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
    Years
  • Robin - Lvl 11
    HP: 100% - EXP: 69% - Col: 451

With «Anneal Blade» repaired, Robin was ready to go. He also had the NPC blacksmith repair his cloak for safekeeping. That'll prove efficient. Robin heads towards Santa's location, to look at the quests he has to offer. Some of them, Robin couldn't handle them just yet. Just this once, he'll take them some other time. One quest «Help Santa!» was the only one available. He'll take that quest, but he'll have to finish later. He has some unfinished business to take care of.

He knows he can't handle it alone. He'll need some help. Robin opens his menu & taps «Messaging/Chat».

To: Kagome; Turnip

Subject: Urgent Request

All will be explained once you take my request. Head to the lone tree as soon as you can, then hide nearby. You'll see me at the lone tree, but stay hidden until the circumstances change. I trust you won't abandon me.

Robin sends the messages to his soon-to-be allies, then after a few moments, he sprints off to the plains. it'll be a while before he gets to his destination. They'll attack when he least expects it.

The lone tree was in his vision. Robin will just about reach his destination soon. They'll regret targeting him.

Sapphire Rose

Years
  • Lacy
    Player level 13

"Take a seat, this won't take long to make." Godot said as they entered the room that he rented. He gestured towards a small coffee table. Lacy sat down and watched as Godot started preparing the stuff for the hot chocolate. As he started making it she noticed that he glanced over to her a few times. This was probably out of social interaction, showing her that he didn't forget about her being here. Everytime he would glance over she would smile before going back to her own little world. She was thinking over her first week in SAO. She wondered if people would call her insane if they would get to know about it. It could be better to keep it secret for a while.

Godot was almost done with the hot chocolate when he put a mug with mostly powder in front of her. As he walked back he broke the silence between them. "So tell me," He started, pausing as he was busy with the milk. "Do I know you from somewhere?" He made more frequent glances but Lacy tried to stay as neutral as possible. "I can't put my finger on it, but something about you seems really familiar." He poured the hot milk in the mug and dropped some marshmellows in it as well.

"I could swear I've seen you somewhere." Godot sat down in front of her and rested his hand on his chin while having his elbow on the table. "Well, more like I recognize something about you. Do you have any ideas?" He finished. Lacy picked up the mug, blew on it and took a sip. She took this moment to think about how much sense his questions made. He had stared at her quite some times now and now she knew why he did that. Godot probably had met her sister and saw the similarities between them. Lacy tried to stay calm and instead of answering with the truth she said, "If this is some kind of cheap flirting technique, it's not working." Lacy said as she put the mug back on the table.

She looked up at him and smiled. "It is possible you've seen me around earlier but didn't realise it." Lacy answered with a chuckle. "I'm certain that we haven't met before. If we did then I would've remembered it." Lacy picked the mug up again and took another sip. There was quite some skill into this cup of hot chocolate, it tasted even better than the one she got from the stand. "This is really good, even better than the one I got from the stand." Lacy commented about the hot chocolate. "Thank you."

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Lv. 13||Floor 2 - Urbus

"If this is some kind of cheap flirting technique, it's not working." She started. To be fair, it was a thought sitting in the back of Godot's mind. It was a completely human thought, especially given the setting, and Lacy was no doubt a cute girl...but the thought was quickly smothered. There was only one person on his mind at the time, then more than ever, and he was loyal enough to that one person that he couldn't act a fit of the moment. Lacy smiled and continued, "It is possible you've seen me around earlier but didn't realise it." She tooks sips in between statements. "I'm certain that we haven't met before. If we did then I would've remembered it." Godot nodded his head off to the left. ""This is really good, even better than the one I got from the stand. Thank you."

Godot chuckled with just a little bit of conceit. "Heehee, I should be the one thanking you. It's not everyday that I get to have people try my food." He leaned back in his chair and crossed his arms. "But I don't think that that's-" Hold on a second. Godot stopped himself and looked away briefly. Lacy? Lu...no. That's impossible. He looked back to Lacy and tried to fit Lucina to Lacy's person. The eyes, the hair, the body shape...none of them matched. Even their skin tones were a mismatch, so why did she come to mind?

It was a thought that was soon dismissed.

Rise Amagawa||Apathy
    Lv. ?||Floor 2

Apathy grew bright red as she was embraced by Ashley. She didn't really know how to accept affection...or rather, she'd forgotten. "No one's ever said anything so nice about me before. We'll be best friends, forever." Apathy looked away. "What a Belle..." Her face was now a scarlet color. Ashley brandished her weapon and said, ""If you're going to fight her... You're not doing it alone. I'll defend you myself if I have to." Apathy looked down and the reddening of her face subsided. Ashley's words reassured Apathy...but they also scared her stiff. Would she have to fight her sister again? Kagome's parting words seemed to indicate it as an inevitability, and Apathy knew that Kagome was powerful, so there's no way death would stop the two from meeting again. Time would be the only obstacle between the sisters.

"I'll take front. You can sneak by and kill them all stealthily while they're distracted with attacking me." Ashley started down the corridor, but then stopped, tripping Apathy up only slightly. She turned to Apathy and said, You should introduce me to that boy after this... If he's as understanding as you say he is, maybe I could have two friends. I also think you should tell him... You know, what you told her about him."

Tell Godot? Apathy thought to herself. She imagined exactly what would happen if she had done that. Godot, being the drama queen as he was, would get over emotional and probably try to squeeze the life out of her. She shivered at the thought. Brandishing her weapon, she said, "...Maybe, but I'm not sure I'll be able to say that word again. It was the heat of the moment last time." She slung her sword over her shoulder. "But he has a lot of awareness when it comes to feelings, hidden or otherwise. I could tell that he could see how I was feeling even behind this stone mask. You'd like him." She started down the corridor. "Probably."

Last edited:

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
    Years
  • Ashley Leigh ― «愛の力»

Unenthusiastically Emotional

Chapter I ― Part VII
    "Brimming with Excitement"

Dungeon
    x

Ashley nodded as she turned around to continue down the corridor, replying "Yeah... I think so too." It didn't take long for the first room to appear, and Ashley scoped the room out before entering it. "I see three archers, two warriors, and a whole mess of weak monsters." Ashley charged in, pulling all the aggro on herself as she started on the weak spam, some generic skeleton spam. As she one- or two-shotted each enemy with stabs and swipes, she glanced at the others. They were all skeletons, just with different size and weapons. "I've seen more creative bad guys than this..." Ashley cringed as an arrow sunk into her right shoulder, her health dropping to 79%. Ignoring the pain, there was a certain look of rage in her eyes as she approached the archers directly.

When they pulled back their strings, she activated her Baton Swirl sword Art. Her spear began to glow light blue as she spun it before her, forming the illusion of a round, circular blue shield in front of her. The arrows bounced off of the spear and one of them shot right into an archer's skull, killing it immediately. Using her second Sword Art, Dart Throw, her red-glowing spear flew into the archer, and Ashley teleported to her spear, grabbing it tightly in both hands and charging the spear (with an almost-dead archer mounted on it) forward as she pierced the other archer and flung her spear over the edge, the skeletons dissolving as they fell off. "Uh-oh... Reinforcements." Some of the unusable doors burst open as hordes of weak enemies came rushing in, along with a few extra warriors. Ashley leapt down to land near Apathy (wherever she was at the moment) to help fend off the hordes.

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
    Years
  • Turnip
    HP 100% | LV. 14 | XP 32% | Col 6970
    Location - Floor 2: Urbus

Turnip's sword sang as he readied it. Come to think of it, SAO's sound quality was pretty impeccable – in terms of graphical and auditory fidelity, it was actually astoundingly good, which for some reason Turnip had overlooked for the most part. He had to remember that his experience with Sword Art: Online was a little different to his experience with most other games. Dismissing his thoughts for now, the armoured figure approached the pseudo-conflict, calling out to the two combatants.

"Situation, explanation, now."

Turnip noticed immediately that the conflict wasn't serious the moment he'd spoken. Both of the (assumedly) duellists stopped in relaxed stances, looking up at the helmeted player.

"What? Uh, we're duelling…"

"What do you want?"

Turnip swung his sword up to his back and sheathed it, "Ah, alrighty. You know, it's not too good an idea to be duelling at night outside of a safe area."

One of them, seemingly the more aggressive one, crossed his arms, "Oh, yeah? And why do you care?"

Turnip just laughed, "Forgive me for assuming that you value your continued existence. You're lowering your health to be ripe for PKers, and evidently, people like me could get the wrong idea about what's happening and step in."

The more passive one seemed to agree, "Don't say I didn't tell you so, Frank. I want some yule log anyway. Uh, merry Christmas, guy."

"Uh, yeah, you too." Turnip waved shortly to the two duellists, who promptly left in the direction of Urbus. The moment Turnip turned back towards the Lone Tree, as if on cue, a message appeared.

That's odd. Who'd be sending me a message at this time? Could be Godot, I- Robin?

Turnip looked at the message in front of him.

All will be explained once you take my request. Head to the lone tree as soon as you can, then hide nearby. You'll see me at the lone tree, but stay hidden until the circumstances change. I trust you won't abandon me.

That was… odd. What would Robin want from him? He considered that Robin might not be entirely trustworthy, what with his distrust of Turnip and general mysteriousness – not even mentioning the suspicious nature of the message's content. The armoured figure shrugged. Robin had proven himself a good enough person in the boss battle, so whatever bad judgements Turnip could make of him were more-or-less counteracted. And who knows? Maybe he was just giving out an invite to the Bat-Cave.

The helmeted player wasn't that far away from the Lone Tree, it turned out. The thing itself was a goliath of a plant, towering into the sky and glittering with lights. A few mobs seemed to be dotted about here and there. A few people were engaged in combat with some of them, but others seemed disinterested, and didn't aggro when Turnip walked nearby. Might be a good place to grind, here. Turnip's thoughts went back to Robin's message. Stay hidden, then? There were plenty of people around, it seemed, maybe go up in the branches? Turnip decided against it – after all, with the assortment of other players around, why not just hide in plain sight? He was perfectly happy grinding until Robin showed up. He drew his sword, and one monster at a time, he began slicing through the mobs at the Lone Tree.

Sapphire Rose

Years
  • Lacy
    Player level 13

"Heehee, I should be the one thanking you. It's not everyday that I get to have people try my food." Godot leaned back in his chair. "But I don't think that that's-" he was quiet all of a sudden. He looked away from her and seemed to be thinking about something. It didn't take long for Lacy to realize that he might indeed have met his sister before and is finding out about it. Lacy's heart started to race and she tried to drink up the hot chocolate as soon as possible but not in an impolite way. Lacy had to leave because she's a bad liar. If Godot would find out about her being Lucina's sister, she wouldn't be able to properly lie about it.

"The hot chocolate was delicious." Lacy stood up and brought the mug to the kitchen, trying to be a good guest. "I think it's time for me to go now though. I promised some friends to spend Chirstmas with them." She obviously lied as she looked away from him. She walked towards the door and opened it, turning to Godot once more. "Thank you for tonight. See ya later." Lacy smiled before she closed the door and leaned against it. She sighed deeply as she tried to pull her senses back together. "He almost found out..." She whispered to herself, leaving downstairs as she rented a new room. She went back upstairs and entered her rented room before Godot would come out of his, if he would come out.

Once inside Lacy started working on her latest sewing project. She was trying to make some new armor but it wasn't meant for her level yet, meaning that she had plenty of time to finish it and make it perfect. That's when a thought crossed her mind. What if she cut of her long blonde locks...? Lacy walked towards a mirror and looked at herself. Right now, anyone who would know her older sister would see similarities in Lacy but what if she cut of her hair and tried changing her whole appearence? Lacy held a bit of her hair and tried finding out if it would look good on her. She was suprised when she found out that it did look very good on her. It made her look older. Lacy took a glance behind her at the armor that she was sewing. She nodded in agreement with herself to cut of her hair once her project was finished.

Lucina
    Player level 15

Lucina watched as Robin left. She sighed and looked out of the window. "What a strange guy..." She told herself and stood up. She opened her menu and wondered if anyone wanted to spend Christmas eve with her. She pressed Hono's name and saw that she was at the lone tree, this meant she was no option. Then she pressed Kagome's name and found out that she was at the lone tree as well. Lucina then decided to stop tracking her friends down and went into her inventory to equip her cloak. She didn't want to go outside with this dress without her cloak.

She left the inn and approuched the place were the festive activities were being held. It made Lucina kind of glad that everyone was still enjoying this holiday despite being inside a game where dying means really dying. Lucina had a small smile across her lips as she smelled all the delicious food. She wanted to save her col for a house so she decided not to buy any of it. If she was hungry then she could always make some food herself.

As she was looking at all the decorations, a boy walked up to her. "Are you interested in christmas cookies?" He asked her. "No thank you, I just ate already." Lucina kindly refused. "Aww... that's too bad. Such a fine beauty at our stance would definitely attract some customers." The boy replied with a dissapointed look on his face. Lucina blinked at him a few times. The boy noticed her expression and immediately started apologizing, "I-I'm sorry! I didn't mean it like that! I mean... ugh..." The boy sighed with a slight blush appearing on his cheeks. "Our christmas cookies are delicious but no one wants to try them since some guy came across our stand. He tried a cookie and claimed it to be gross, he trew it at the ground, stepped on it and walked away. Since then we haven't been selling anything..." the boy explained. "He is from another stand that sells cookies." a girl behind the boy added. She just arrived and looked at Lucina with pleading eyes.

"Ah... I smell rivalry here." Lucina commented on their story. "Alright, if it really helps you then I'll buy a cookie." Lucina smiled at the two who seemed to be sibilings. She followed them to their stand and they offered her a cookie. "How much is it?" Lucina asked. "P-Please take it for free! Since you're helping us out..." the girl said shyly. Lucina smiled again and took a bite, quite suprised from the flavor. "Wow..." she said, crunching and looking intensely at the cookie. The boy and the girl noticed that some players were looking over to them. "This is great! How did you make such a perfect cookie?" Lucina asked them. The girl blushed a little and smiled. "M-My cooking level is quite high... while brother is training out in the fields, I cook our meals and try to improve my skill..." The girl answered.

"Is it really that good?" another player came along. The boy gave him a cookie for free as well and as the player took a bite he had the same suprised reaction as Lucina. "Woa! This is really good!" he said as he opened the trading window towards the boy to pay for more cookies. Lucina saw a man approaching them and glared at him, expecting that he was the man that the siblings talked about.

"What is this... some kind of childs play? You're both obviously actors." he spoke. He looked at Lucina and chuckled. "You don't seem like a child though. Wouldn't you consider working for me?" He said as he tried to touch her face. Lucina pulled out her sword and pointed it at him. "Don't dare you touch me, I have no intention working for perverts." Lucina said coldly. "Whatever. These cookies are gross. Anyone eating them would immediately be poisened by them. Try this one instead." The man trew a cookie towards Lucina. Lucina hesitated for a second but took a bite, spitting it out after crunching on it for a while. "How dare you spitting it out?!" the man yelled angry. Lucina looked at the crowd instead and spoke, "Why would you guys buy such gross cookies? Seriously... they taste like ash." Lucina trew it on the ground and stepped on it, looking at the man.

A lot of players gathered at the stand of the siblings to try a cookie. Lucina walked away satisfied but was stopped by the man. "How dare you..." He said. "Who bullies a bull gets the horns." Lucina replied and pushed the man aside so she could walk past him, however, she looked back when she heard the siblings speaking. "Please try a cookie for real now..." the girl said. The man looked at them angry, gripped it out of her hands and took a bite. "Can you teach me how to make them...?" He said rather tsundere. The girl smiled and nodded. Lucina couldn't help but smile as well and walked away for real now.

------
    «Lucina's white dress»

Impossiperiod

The Impossible Period
    Years
  • 5Dnp0.jpg

Cerulean - Level 13
    Second Floor: Urbus
    [Urbus]
    HP: 50% EXP: 45%
    -------------------------------------------

Cerulean appeared in Urbus' courtyard in a flash of baby blue, teleportation crystal crystal clutched tightly in her hand as she fell to the ground. She fell to her knees, battered and bruised, HP bar resting on 10% and it showed in her pained, exhausted look. Cerulean had never thought PKers to be so relentless in their assaults the bunch she had faces -- the boss moreso -- were as terrible as described by others.

The taller shade of a man's attack on Cerulean had been unforgiving; every mistake that she had made was punished and every misstep she took, punished. Cerulean had barely kept her life. She used «Accelerando» to knock away the man before her passive «Sprint» ability took over, allowing her to run a distance away to use her teleportation crystal safely.

Urbus had never seemed to welcoming, it snowed now and Christmas was in the air. Cerulean pushed herself to stand but only collapsed once more, her weight -- which wasn't much -- seemed unbearable to carry. At least I'm in a safe zone now Cerulean thought to herself, peering around her surroundings. Here she was, a blue haired girl in even bluer armor and a billowing cape, that lay limp on the ground, sitting in the midst of a thinly gathered people. She noticed that many were leaving, some in groups, some by themselves. The lone tree was today she reminded herself.

The girl sighed and waved her hand in front of her to summon up her menu. There she found a «Health Potion» that she called to her hand before drinking it and restoring half of her HP. Now comfortable she stood and looked around, seemingly lost, as she debated the journey to the lone tree.

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Kagome
    Lv. 15||Floor 2

"RAAAH!" Kagome struck a Salamander Warrior, who promptly exploded into a shower of pixels. As did her sword. It was simply a «Steel Sword» that reached 0 durability, and she made it from Salamander Warrior drops. It wasn't the only one, and had broken swords not completely disappeared, there would have been several hilts with with broken blades. She'd not originally sought out salamanders, however. A good number of blades were spent against walls, an act of pure bonified rage. It wasn't doing anything for her, though, and her rage would not subside, so she redirected her rage to living things. She fought one Salamander Knight. And then another. And another. In time, the number she'd fought had become so large that a spectator would have trouble keeping up.

She was fatigued, but she couldn't feel it. She was damaged, but she disregarded it. If someone were to walk into close proximity of her, they would hear her screams of unbridled anger and probably think that she was a monster had they not seen the PC herself. And yet, even with all of this, Kagome wasn't any less angry than she was before she started her tirade. She knew that her efforts were in vain, though not initially, and there were several points in time when she considered messaging Godot going to talk to him. She knew that talking to Godot would make her feel better, and each of the several times that the thought entered her mind she had to fight it, and there were a couple of reasons for it. One such reason was because she was afraid. While she was not aware of Apathy's relation to Godot, or even whether they'd met or not, she knew Godot, and she knew that, while he loved her, he would be completely impartial and may have sided with the girl claiming to be her younger sister. It was her greatest fear.

And yet, the thought never would have crossed her mind before, and she was aware of this. What truly fed her anger more than anything was the seed of doubt that Apathy planted before Kagome departed. The seed of doubt and regret that was slowly sprouting, making its way through her person, and as it did, she found herself starting to sympathizing with the girl more and more, and with that sympathy, hate grew. She was starting to hate herself and Apathy because she knew that she was considering going against her pride and her convictions.

And her family.

As a result, fighting until she dropped. That was her only option. She was too stubborn and too dedicated to give in to the feelings of Apathy, and too scared to talk about the subject with Godot. She felt like a warrior of Valhalla, living only to fight, and fighting endlessly for an unobtainable cause.

One would think that, in her rage, she would ignore any messages she received, but she wanted one from Godot. She wanted a message from him because she secretly wanted an excuse to circumvent her fears and see him. She knew that was the only thing that would cure her of the uncontrollable torrent in her breast. She practically jumped at opening the message.

Kagome's heart sunk. She completely disregarded the message and continued fighting. Then she stopped. She looked at the message again and threw her sword to the ground. She wasn't exactly sure why it grabbed her, but it was probably because it did provide a break from her current Sisyphean task at hand. It was a long shot, but maybe...just maybe...what Robin had in mind quell the rage inside of her.

With a strike to her disposable sword, Kagome made her way towards the Lone Tree.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    ∣ Alucard
    H3zu5eJ.png
    90%
    GPpszM9.png
    GPpszM9.png
    GPpszM9.png
    GPpszM9.png
    GPpszM9.png
    GPpszM9.png
    GPpszM9.png
    GPpszM9.png
    GPpszM9.png
    GPpszM9.png
    GPpszM9.png
    GPpszM9.png
    GPpszM9.png
    GPpszM9.png
    GPpszM9.png
    GPpszM9.png
    GPpszM9.png
    GPpszM9.png
    [
    Morome

Chapter Two: Part One
    Alucard the Cold

Alucard woke up to the cold morning breeze before equipping the warmest set of clothes he had.
    "God it is cold today!" He said to himself as he left the inn and headed down the street in search of a shop that sold hot soup.
    "I heard there is an NPC santa lying around Urbus somewhere. I might have a look for him later today." He though to himself as he walked into a small tea shop hidden by the snowy buildings. Once Alucard had finished his warm soup he headed out to «The Lone Tree» for his daily grind.

"I hope this 'Azure Rapier; or whatever works." He thought to himself as he ran headfirst at a large monster that resembled an Ox. After a quick battle the Ox fell.

"This thing does work, I got a real bargain on this I might not see a weapon this good for my level for a while now." He said to himself as he took all the trash that the Ox dropped.

After 4 more hours of battling Alucard was ready to head back to Urbus, his inventory had filled up and there was no point fighting on if he couldn't sell what he had gathered. When he got the town he sold all of his trash at the nearest NPC vendor and then headed out looking for the Santa everyone had spoken of.

CSS by Dusk​

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
    Years
  • Robin - Lvl 11
    HP: 100% - EXP: 69% - Col: 451

Their were a couple of players nearby. It's obvious they'll be coming for him. That's why he's prepared. The lone tree seemed like an ideal area for the encounter, but now... With this many people, it might not be safe. Then again, they might just run or teleport away. Robin waits by the lone tree, resting his «Anneal Blade» on the ground. He acts as relaxed as possible. He already see's Turnip blending with the usual grinders, & Kagome seems to be at her hiding spot. Now all that's left to do is-

A small needle is thrown at Robin. Thanks to his hearing skill, Robin detects where it is thrown from, then blocks the attack with his sword. The next moment, three suspicious looking players appear before Robin. The one in the middle had had a bit of a unique style of clothing. He must be the leader of this 3-man squad. "Nice moves, but it's pointless," he speaks. Robin only stands where he is, no attempts to grip his sword. "What, you're not gonna fight? I suppose the guilt of killing one of our men is too much to take?" This guy has such a unique personality. However, Robin had a feeling all that tough talk wasn't for show.

"No," Robin replies, removing his hood, showing no smirk or expression but determination, "no that's not it."

The man didn't get what Robin meant, but he didn't give it another thought. "Either way..." The PKer, even with his other two men that had red arrows above them but him, reaches for his dagger & directs the sharp point towards Robin, "...I'll teach you not to mess with us!" He shouts, then sends his two men after Robin. Robin jumps up & pushes away from the lone tree, creating a bit of distance from the group.

"Now!" Robin shouts to signal his own raid, gripping his weapon. The full determination filling his spirit, no man, woman, or corrupted will stand in his way!

Last edited:

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
    Years
  • Turnip
    HP 100% | LV. 14 | XP 38% | Col 6970
    Location - Floor 2: Lone Tree

A red glow illuminated Turnip as he killed another buffalo. He remembered few days of night-time grinding he'd had before he noticed the fatigue SAO was pressing on him. He supposed that he'd learned to be defensive enough in his sleep, but the fact that he had to rest at all wasn't preferable for the warrior. Despite not really minding it as much as others, he still felt a little annoyed at the trap this game was. Sure, most of these people missed friends, families, their homes… Turnip didn't have that. He just missed ranged weapons, magic, guns, and the lack of bodily needs. SAO did have its merits, though, and gameplay control was nice and fluid. The SAO engine was sure to do well as a base for other games.

Turnip was rampaging amongst the mobs surrounding the Lone Tree, hyper in some way and focused in his attacks, one with his blade. He slashed a mini-tauros across the side, elbowed its ribs and turned in a slash to its face that killed it. Immediately afterwards, he grabbed the horns of a buffalo and sunk his sword into its neck, following it up with an uppercut and a kick before retrieving his blade, slicing it across another buffalo. The buffalo shouted in complaint, but was interrupted by a roundhouse kick. Turnip slashed the previous buffalo before turning and vaulting over the survivor, twisting in mid-air to bring down a final blow on it.

"Uh, hey, do you mind?"

Turnip jerked his head upwards, for a moment thinking that the buffalo was moaning about its death. Instead, he saw a couple sitting at the base of the Lone Tree, the male of the two looking a slight bit miffed.

Turnip tilted his head, "Do I mind what?"

"You're kind of interrupting the view."

"You're kind of interrupting my grinding." Turnip replied matter-of-factly.

"Huh, yeah, I think this takes precedence over what you're doing."

"I'm grinding to level to get stronger to free people from the confines of a death-game so they can get on with living their lives. You're sitting."

The man stood up a little defiantly, and the woman next to him appeared sheepish, half-heartedly motioning for him to stop.

"This is a date, guy. We're kind of actually living our lives right here."

In a moment of child-like innocence, Turnip smiled broadly, "I like dates. They taste like caramel."

The man was noticeably confused, "Caramel, wha-? No, not the fruit thing."

Turnip let out an 'Aww…' of disappointment.

"Look, can you just… move somewhere else for a little bit? What are you doing grinding on Christmas Eve, anyway? Don't you have anything better to do?"

"Should I? What's so bad about me grinding here?"

"Look – I'll duel you, if I win, you move."

The woman put her hand on the man's arm, "Chris, don't be like that." She turned to Turnip. "Look, can you not please just move around the tree to some other position? There's got to be a load more grinding spots around."

Turnip spied some kind of activity to his left. Three suspicious-looking characters seemed to be threating another who dressed in a very similar way to Robin. Probably because he was Robin. Turnip figured he should head over, though not immediately – not until 'circumstances change', anyway. Whatever that meant. The armoured figure began to move slowly and nonchalantly in that direction, keeping an eye on the situation as he turned back to the couple.

"Yeah, looks like I've got something to occupy me for now."

The man still seemed a little grumpy, but the woman was thankful, at least. They sat down again as Turnip left, gazing out at the lights of Urbus, unaware of the fight that was about to break out. The helmeted player rounded the other side of the tree, keeping a safe distance, watching the situation from the corner of his eye. Robin removed his hood, saying something quietly that Turnip couldn't pick up from this distance. One of the suspicious characters, the one in the middle, supposedly the leader, shouted;

"I'll teach you not to mess with us!"

Turnip began to move closer. The two other suspicious characters – Turnip could see now that they were all PKers – rushed up to attack Robin. Turnip moved closer still. Robin dodged swiftly, jumping and pushing off of the Lone Tree and landing a solid few metres away from the PKers.

"Now!" He shouted.

Well, Turnip thought, if that's not my cue, I don't know what is.

Turnip ran forward, flinging a Pulse Edge that would miss Robin and would probably hit most if not all of the PKers. The PKer nearest to him, a spear-wielder who looked particularly angry, was the first to react and turned to the armoured figure, teeth bared. Turnip stood his ground and readied his sword. He'd save Boomeraxe for a surprise.

He addressed the PKer, "Come and have a go if you think you're hard enough."

Last edited:

SylveonStar

Sylveon
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 15, 2017

Maria Renée {Princess}
    Guild: The Flaming Blade
    Level: 13

"You don't have to get me anything" Maria said softly as they walked her eyes wandered the town, taking in the sights of the setup they had for Christmas.

"Aha! You're a child, I must gift- Nnnnope, not an NPC, don't mind me!" a voice shouted making Maria jump and hide behind Ryuusa not coming out until she was sure the man was gone.

"thirteen years old now and still startled easily" she muttered to herself before Ryuusa turned his attention from the others to her. "Remember, none of this is mandatory. If you want, you can go hang out with Zeus and Poseidon instead, you know, celebrate your birthday."

"I'm not in a celebrating mood for that" she said quietly and bit her lip. "it's to soon after..." she cut herself off hoping Ryuusa knew she was talking about Psyche so she wouldn't have to say it. "I'll go with Xenith" she glanced at the woman and tried to smile.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Lv. 13||Floor 2 - Urbus

Promptly after Lacy departed, Godot sighed and leaned back in his chair. "Tonight's gonna be a long night," he muttered to himself, rubbing his forehead. He fell backwards in his chair and somersaulted into a stand. After picking up the chair, he surveyed the room. There wasn't really much there that he could do, and putting off buying presents would already make things worse. As a result, he made his way out of the room and back onto the streets of Urbus.

The streets were littered with PC-run stores. It seemed that his first Christmas in SAO wouldn't be all too different than his Christmases in the real world, save for the fact that he wouldn't need to go onto eBay or Amazon to sell his goods. Now, on that particular night it didn't matter, as he had other things to attend to, but he knew that setting up in the early morning would be the best way to appeal to last-minute buyers. He couldn't spend too much time on it, though, because he was going to spend the day with Kagome. He was probably going to invite Apathy as well since he wasn't sure if she had anyone to spend time with on Christmas. Really, the money was meant to be saved up for a house, but family came first.

Okay... Godot brought out his list. First up's Kagome, for her we'll get... He looked around for a moment and rustled through his hair. He started to regret doing the dungeon earlier and helping Lacy, but only for the moment. They weren't things to regret, he'd simply have to take responsibility and make up for lost time. He went to look for quality metalworkers when he saw a familiar face. It was Lucina.

The idea was for Lucina not to have seen Godot until Christmas day since it would be like a child seeing his present being picked out for him. There was another reason for this, though. The other reason was that he had another Christmas present in mind for her, and whether he'd be able to stop himself from actually giving her said gift, and this was what gave him pause. He was great at giving himself excuses for why he should or shouldn't do something, and even if he knew that the reason was BS, it was often logical enough that he almost couldn't refuse. As such, he knew that he couldn't let himself be seen, and he bit his tongue to keep himself committed to that, walking in the other direction. Then again, it was Christmas Eve, and he'd put a lot of effort into getting her present. In some ways, it was a gift to Godot himself as well, and Kagome did say that Godot needed to think about himself every once in a while...or something to that effect. Godot stopped and started in the other direction towards her...not long before realizing that he was ensnaring himself in his own trap and forcing himself to go to her. He stopped again. He reasoned that patience was a virtue, and that he should wait for Christmas for the gift to mean anything.

It essentially became the scene of a man walking, stopping, and walking in the other direction. It wasn't exactly pacing, it was far more erratic than that, and he seemed to be more conflicted than complacent. He finally got himself together, shaking his head wildly with the idea that he was wasting time. He just had to make a decision, and quick. It was an on the dime choice. He just walked, and wherever his legs took him was what he'd decided.

Before he knew it, Godot was in front of Lucina. He didn't preface with a "Hey", "What's Up?", or even a "Merry Christmas Eve"; he didn't see it as necessary. It wasn't so much a matter of time as it was acting on what he'd decided, and the more mysticism there was behind exactly why he was there, the better. Instead, he simply looked at her, part of him wondering if what he was thinking about doing was right. Well, it didn't really have its place on the moral scale, it was more a matter of whether it would be appreciated or not.

He opened his inventory and raised the item that he'd fought so hard for in between the two of them. "Sorry, but..." He started quietly, "I'm going to be just a little bit selfish." He put his free hand on Lucina's back and moved her in close. He closed his eyes, leaned in and his lips met hers, and as they did, the Mistletoe started to radiate a shimmering white color, almost as if to reflect how Godot was feeling at that exact moment with its brilliance. It was at that point that, for once in the longest time, his mind went blank. He wasn't worried about the outside world, nor was he worried about the gifts that he had to buy. Stress and anxiety seemed to melt away, if only temporarily. All there was was that moment, and it wasn't all too explicable. Godot felt a transient warmth surged through his entire body, and even if it was simply a "Platonic Mistletoe Kiss" to Lucina, he enjoyed it for all that he could. It was a good Christmas present, no doubt.

disciplish

supreme meme machine
    Years
  • Rivas [Joseph Lucien]
    Lv. 15 // Floor II- Lone Tree
    Col: 750 // XP: 60% // HP: 100%

The <<Blue Light>> flickered slightly as it returned to it's sheath at Rivas's side and he quietly huffed. "Barely even posed a challenge..." He sighed to himself as he opened his inventory and used a potion, looking beyond the rocky plains. "Well, I guess it wouldn't be a bad idea to return back to Urbus, huh." He began to walk slowly on the lone path back to Urbus. It was starting to get late; Rivas was certain that there would be a load of people soon on their way to the Lone Tree, or at least being festive in Urbus.

Regardless, his eyes flickered to and fro as he returned to Urbus, looking out for PKers. He wasn't really worried about any of the regular monsters, as they were much more easily dispatched. It kind of hurt him a bit to even touch a hair on any of the actual people, seeing as they could all die just as easily as he could. He kept his hand near his sheath as at all time regardless as the sun began to let way for dusk. December 24th, and for once he wasn't home, which was kind of saddening. He smelled the air. This was real enough for him... but he certainly had to get out eventually.

It was about half a kilometer on his way to Urbus that he checked his Quest Log; realizing that he had a quest for him to find Rudolph near the Lone Tree- actually, in the dungeon near there- he began to turn back, realizing that he wasn't too far from it. He swiveled around and began a sprint to the Lone Tree, hoping to take on this quest, get the XP, and move on. He opened his <<Inventory>> on the way there, noting he was a bit low on potions as well. More the reason why to take it on, then... Closing the menu, he found himself not stopping till he arrived at the Lone Tree, where he caught his breath.

He opened his eyes to a somewhat calm sight; the big tree was loaded with monsters that were harmless, simply dancing around in the branches. Nearby he heard what seemed to be fighting and yelling. It sounded almost as if it were two parties fighting, but Rivas reassured himself that it was just a bunch of people taking advantage of the monsters there. Feeling his stomach calling for attention, he took out a sandwich and plopped down on the earthen floor. He bit into it gingerly, before beginning to scarf it down heartily. It was the equivalent of a store-bought sub in the real world, which made it even better.

I'll head to the dungeon... after I finish this sandwich.

Last edited:
    Back